Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Hit the 10's! (Video) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hit the 10's! (Video)
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Congrats on breaking the 10 sec. barrier [patriot] ..I knew your car had the ability to do it with the right tires and you running it all out. Throw a 2.95 pulley on there on you'll see 10.5-10.6's @ 131 or so. What RPM do you shift at? With a 2.95 and 6.87 crank and 6200 shift point you would be at 49813.32 impeller speed. The S-trims are rated to 50,000 so that would be maxing it out.

What pulley are using and how much boost are you seeing? Is your vortech a V1 or V2?
Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you talking to me? You know what it is!

Anyway, I did the math a while back for the SQ trim and it was maxed out with a 2.95 if I took it over 6k.

I need a better fuel system to run any more boost. I was leaning out the night before the races when I was checking out the 3.15 pulley. The AFR would shoot straight up after 5700rpm. It was so much warmer the next day that the motor wasn't getting enough air to lean out but the AFR was a little leaner than my commanded AFR.

I did run a 2.95 at Infineon just to see what it would do. I ran it all out to the 1/8th on radials. I then idled through the 60ft and then got on it. It was in the 12's at 126.5mph but it got lean in 4th.

The 3.33 is a good pulley for me right now. It gets 12psi in very cold weather and the AFR is steady at 11.5 all the way through the rpm range. With the 3.15, it was in the high 11's and would lean out in the top of 4th in cold weather.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was asking Streakmatt! You didn't see the quote?? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
Not a very good one!

Well, the headers are good quality but they are just shorties.

JBA 1 5/8 unequal shorty headers.
Mac 2 1/2 inch offroad H-pipe.
Mac 2 1/2 tailpipes with their Flowpath mufflers.

If you want to hear it better, I can try to add an old video tomorrow of a slower run from Infineon.

yea can i see that vid. i have the same exact set up as you and mine does not sound like that. must be the sc lol

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You may have been listening to the other cars in the video. It is really hard to hear mine. The other cars were a lot louder, except for the 11.08 pass.

It is louder with the blower on, but I think it sounds a little cleaner NA. It doesn't rap quite as bad at 3500 when the blower is off.

I'll try to find the video.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Here are a couple videos with my 11.50 setup. This is with about 7psi of boost. The first run spun a lot. The 2nd run hooked too well and the officials had a talk with me.

7psi setup for 11.50 spinning

7psi setup for 11.50 hooking

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice. That thing needs some suspension or full slicks.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on a great timeslip!

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
quote:
Congrats on breaking the 10 sec. barrier [patriot] ..I knew your car had the ability to do it with the right tires and you running it all out. Throw a 2.95 pulley on there on you'll see 10.5-10.6's @ 131 or so. What RPM do you shift at? With a 2.95 and 6.87 crank and 6200 shift point you would be at 49813.32 impeller speed. The S-trims are rated to 50,000 so that would be maxing it out.

What pulley are using and how much boost are you seeing? Is your vortech a V1 or V2?
I'm running the 2.95 and 6.87 crank. Its a V-1 S-Trim. My boost guage doesn't work when I go WOT, only when I gradually bring up the RPMS. I would say I'm around 13-psi.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
quote:

I'm running the 2.95 and 6.87 crank. Its a V-1 S-Trim. My boost guage doesn't work when I go WOT, only when I gradually bring up the RPMS. I would say I'm around 13-psi.
That is the same pulley I am running but seeing 15psi @6k rpm with my V1 s-trim. 13psi is where I want to be. Thanks

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is your suspension set up? And transmission? If you don't mind posting.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I just have Mega-bite Jr rear control arms, Jegs uppers, and Eibach springs. I am still running the original shocks and struts.

The trans is a Tremec 3550, but I upgraded the input shaft to a 26 spline TKO version when I got my Pro-Motion clutch.

SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I just have Mega-bite Jr rear control arms, Jegs uppers, and Eibach springs. I am still running the original shocks and struts.

The trans is a Tremec 3550, but I upgraded the input shaft to a 26 spline TKO version when I got my Pro-Motion clutch.

thats it on hole suspension? [Eek!]

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Yep, that is why it spins so much unless there is good track prep. The Eibach's are their progressive rate lowering springs for handling, not for drag racing.

It doesn't do too badly though. I average mid to low 1.6 60fts on Wednesday's at Inineon on the ET Street bias plys. I have gotten a few 1.57's on a Wednesday night. Their track prep is MUCH better on the weekends. I can't run it all out there because they won't let me back.

However, I am usually running in the 1.9's on my Nittos now with the new motor to keep the ET's over 11.50.

[ February 19, 2009, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: need-a-cage ]

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

408OUTLAW
¯
Member # 7297

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408OUTLAW  Ford pictures for 408OUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com