Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 1/17 Sac Test and Tune (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1/17 Sac Test and Tune
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
quote:
Another couple of 10 second all-motor cars!?!
Nice!

What's the combo's guys?

Mine is a 351 bored and stroked to a 383 somewhere around 11.5-12.1 compression. An old set or world aluminum heads completly gone through by WP race engines, vic jr intake and a big carb. The motor has been on four passes so far
12.0 at 100
11.5 at 116
10.99 at 121
11.1 at 121
I need more seat time I think he will go 10.7 or so on the motor and then I pushes the button it was built for [Wink]

There's more in it for sure. What's the race weight of the car?
I believe it weighs around 3200 or so with two full bottles in it and me. I haven't ran it fully off the stall yet but soon will. The last passes I was launching around 3200-3500 on the transbrake from the glide. The stall is a 4500 stall timing is set at 36 total on motor and when I hit the button I got my retard box setup to take 10 degrees out of it. It's a fun little car just need more seat time and it should go faster. I haven't hit the button yet because I want to get the full feel of it control etc and be on the safe side with it. I'm pretty sure the fogger will move it in the 9's range as that is what it's all setup for converter motor car. I hope to get it back out there next month and get my nhra license for it

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
quote:
Originally posted by WickedStang:
^^good times! My buddy with the blue coupe was there. Messed his AOD again..Damn pick N pull.

right on... i know who your talkin bout lol but i dont think i saw him [Confused]
what color was your car. were you there on saturday or sunday?
Its NOT MINE, its a buddy of mine. Its a dark blue 87notch on mts. [burnout]

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i went last weekend track was REAL shitty for the first 60... u guys will get alot of runs/fun not a big crowd ... more than likely if the cars hold up too 16 or more hot lap passes [Big Grin]

How did it go last sunday? Whatcha car run?
sup man [Big Grin] ... good i was dippin high 10s all motor. i didnt break nothin so, yeah it was fun. gotta try to keep the front up as i was startin to unload the rears when the front would come back dwn causing me to spin and hit the rev limiter.on spray i was spinnin again the pos ran low 10s and the 4.56s are not pullin me through the traps maybe cause am spinning idk [dance] lol. sup w your ranfla you guys going to take it to ford lovers this year...
Man I got to get back out there. 8stang8 me and you would be a good little run man. Last time at the track I got my bucket to go 10.99 on motor. Just waiting on my damn adjuster screw from yellow terra and I should be out there soon for some nitrous passes [Wink] and hopefully getting my motor more dialed in (SEAT TIME it gone faster each time Ive run it)
Yeah bro i wouldnt mind smokin you a couple times n chatin w u again [Big Grin] j/k
ama for sure try to go to the FORD LOVERS in may or march i forget the date... if i dont break someting on the street. come out man, find some time... by the way w TWO bottles how much is that FOGGER sprayin [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Another couple of 10 second all-motor cars!?!
Nice!

What's the combo's guys?

boss block, forged eagle rotating assy., arais 12.5 pistons, comp cams xr292, tea tfs high ports, eddy vic jr., pro sys. holley 750, nos 175 shot the tiny solenoids

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't get the times I wanted, If my tires held I would have been near 11's finally. best I got today was 12.58 at 118 w/ 2.2

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i went last weekend track was REAL shitty for the first 60... u guys will get alot of runs/fun not a big crowd ... more than likely if the cars hold up too 16 or more hot lap passes [Big Grin]

How did it go last sunday? Whatcha car run?
sup man [Big Grin] ... good i was dippin high 10s all motor. i didnt break nothin so, yeah it was fun. gotta try to keep the front up as i was startin to unload the rears when the front would come back dwn causing me to spin and hit the rev limiter.on spray i was spinnin again the pos ran low 10s and the 4.56s are not pullin me through the traps maybe cause am spinning idk [dance] lol. sup w your ranfla you guys going to take it to ford lovers this year...
Man I got to get back out there. 8stang8 me and you would be a good little run man. Last time at the track I got my bucket to go 10.99 on motor. Just waiting on my damn adjuster screw from yellow terra and I should be out there soon for some nitrous passes [Wink] and hopefully getting my motor more dialed in (SEAT TIME it gone faster each time Ive run it)
Yeah bro i wouldnt mind smokin you a couple times n chatin w u again [Big Grin] j/k
ama for sure try to go to the FORD LOVERS in may or march i forget the date... if i dont break someting on the street. come out man, find some time... by the way w TWO bottles how much is that FOGGER sprayin [Whoo Whooooo!]

Fogger has around a 250 shot on it. I'm thinking about putting a small plate on it for out of the hole also. But I got to try the fogger first. There was always two bottles behind my pass seat so I Y them into one feed line and will just run them both opened [Wink] . The car should be back at the track hopefully next month to do some passes on the motor and the bottle. It's a fun car to drive and at infinieon it hooked and went srt8 on the old ass et streets. I got some et drags that I stole from the black coupe I'll be trying out next time out also. I hope to be at ford lovers with a different car to play with [worship] [Eek!]

[ January 18, 2009, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: 1SLOWLX ]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com