Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 1/17 Sac Test and Tune (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1/17 Sac Test and Tune
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone going this weekend?

I am planning on making the trip over there. What kind of turnout should I expect to see?

[ January 15, 2009, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: need-a-cage ]

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tgarlock  Ford pictures for tgarlock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you mean 1/17/09? if so then, yes I will be there to do some test n tune.

Tyler G.

Posts: 257 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there trying to dip into the 11's

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uh, yes I meant to say 1/17.

I will be trying to dip into the 10's. No cage so how many tries do you think I will get? I am thinking that I better shut down if I don't get a good launch.

If they boot me after one try they better let me continue to race if I take the blower belt off.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:

I will be trying to dip into the 10's. No cage so how many tries do you think I will get?

Why don't you do yourself a favor do some work and change your name to got-a-cage and you won't have to worry about it. You'll be safe and legal and not have to worry about blowing $50 on 1 pass.

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Craig wants a 10 second car for the street while still retaining the stock look (sleeper) and then be able to de-tune it to run above 11.5's at the track. This way he can stay in the street class and not have to run in the comp rod class.

His car is too clean to hack up the inside for a cage. I have seen some clean looking cages though but he still uses the car for driving the kids around as seen on the "Pinks All Out / Out-takes" at Infineon (I still haven't got a copy of that episode yet!)

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I finally put that on a disc a couple days ago right before our DVR took its final crap, so at least I have it. My 2 seconds on TV.

Anyway, I like running in the Street class at Infineon on Wednesday nights and they have a 11.50 limit on that class. I also have to drop my kids off on the way out to the track. I can barely get the car seat in there the way it is! I also just recently upgraded my axles, so until now I couldn't run on my sticky tires anyway even with my big pulley dropping the boost way down. I tried, it didn't work! Broke 2 axles in 4 days, the 2nd one on Rich's arm drop during Pinks.

Not to mention the wife has put her foot down and told me that I can't spend any more money on the car. I also don't have the time to work on it anyway. If a cage went in, I would not be happy with 11.20's. It would have to be a solid 10.80 car for me to put a cage in. That would mean a water-meth kit and some suspension work. Then it would need a stronger transmission. In other words, $$$$.

I pissed the wife off more when I bought a Hemi Ram and started modifying it since she said I couldn't work on the car anymore! I got a 14.99 out of it which was my goal so I am done with that one.

It will be fun trying to get 110mph out of it NA if they tell me no more with the blower. My best before NA was 12.38 @ 108.5mph. This was with the stock tune. I know have the Tweecer so I can try to dial in my NA tune. Hopefully I can make it quicker. It was running a little lean before with the stock tune and 30's. The MAF cal was a little off. I have it dialed in now. I also am going to command a richer mixture (12.6:1) than the stock tune did and see if that helps. If not, I will gradually take fuel out until it slows down. My boosted tune is at 11.6:1 AFR.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know you can't run nitrous on wed nights, but can you use it on test n tune?

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went last weekend track was REAL shitty for the first 60... u guys will get alot of runs/fun not a big crowd ... more than likely if the cars hold up too 16 or more hot lap passes [Big Grin]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
i went last weekend track was REAL shitty for the first 60... u guys will get alot of runs/fun not a big crowd ... more than likely if the cars hold up too 16 or more hot lap passes [Big Grin]

How did it go last sunday? Whatcha car run?

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

A lot of passes would be cool, but I will need a low 1.6 60ft to get into the 10's. I hope the track will hold at least a 2500rpm launch. If I take the blower off, a bunch of hot laps would be great to get the AFR dialed in. It won't spin so easily either with 180 less horsepower.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WickedStang:
quote:

sup man [Big Grin] ... good i was dippin high 10s all motor. i didnt break nothin so, yeah it was fun. gotta try to keep the front up as i was startin to unload the rears when the front would come back dwn causing me to spin and hit the rev limiter.on spray i was spinnin again the pos ran low 10s and the 4.56s are not pullin me through the traps maybe cause am spinning idk [dance] lol. sup w your ranfla you guys going to take it to ford lovers this year...

--------------------

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^good times! My buddy with the blue coupe was there. Messed his AOD again..Damn pick N pull.

--------------------

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

quote:
^^good times! My buddy with the blue coupe was there. Messed his AOD again..Damn pick N pull.

right on... i know who your talkin bout lol but i dont think i saw him [Confused]

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

sup man [Big Grin] ... good i was dippin high 10s all motor. i didnt break nothin so, yeah it was fun. gotta try to keep the front up as i was startin to unload the rears when the front would come back dwn causing me to spin and hit the rev limiter.on spray i was spinnin again the pos ran low 10s and the 4.56s are not pullin me through the traps maybe cause am spinning idk [dance] lol. sup w your ranfla you guys going to take it to ford lovers this year...
Man I got to get back out there. 8stang8 me and you would be a good little run man. Last time at the track I got my bucket to go 10.99 on motor. Just waiting on my damn adjuster screw from yellow terra and I should be out there soon for some nitrous passes [Wink] and hopefully getting my motor more dialed in (SEAT TIME it gone faster each time Ive run it)

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

quote:
quote:

right on... i know who your talkin bout lol but i dont think i saw him [Confused]
Also a faded red 95GT,a red rx7,a white STI, a red turbo hatchie,a CRX and an EVO were are there representing SALAS. [Wink]

And yes!! I need to get my ranfla running again with this weather it makes me mad I aint driving it. [Mad]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another couple of 10 second all-motor cars!?!
Nice!

What's the combo's guys?

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

^^ Whos that question directed to? lol

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
^^ Whos that question directed to? lol

Those that are running 10's on motor.... [Wink]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Oh..Its a 408w witha edelbrock rpm package(heads,cam, intake) along with a pick N pull AOD with a manual v.b, STOCK converter and 4cylnd springs.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Oh..Its a 408w witha edelbrock rpm package(heads,cam, intake) along with a pick N pull AOD with a manual v.b, STOCK converter and 4cylnd springs.

What's your best time with it?

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

What's your best time with it?
Oh..! Its not mine. Its a buddys of mine. Its gone low-high 10s all motor + he's waiting for a fuel upgrade for some juice.

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Nice!

What's the combo's guys?

Mine is a 351 bored and stroked to a 383 somewhere around 11.5-12.1 compression. An old set or world aluminum heads completly gone through by WP race engines, vic jr intake and a big carb. The motor has been on four passes so far
12.0 at 100
11.5 at 116
10.99 at 121
11.1 at 121
I need more seat time I think he will go 10.7 or so on the motor and then I pushes the button it was built for [Wink]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
quote:
Nice!

What's the combo's guys?

Mine is a 351 bored and stroked to a 383 somewhere around 11.5-12.1 compression. An old set or world aluminum heads completly gone through by WP race engines, vic jr intake and a big carb. The motor has been on four passes so far
12.0 at 100
11.5 at 116
10.99 at 121
11.1 at 121
I need more seat time I think he will go 10.7 or so on the motor and then I pushes the button it was built for [Wink]

There's more in it for sure. What's the race weight of the car?

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

what color was your car. were you there on saturday or sunday?

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com