Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac Raceway Oct 11

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac Raceway Oct 11
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tgarlock  Ford pictures for tgarlock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi All,

I am new here but wanted to see if there is anyt interest in meeting on Oct 11 at Sac raceway. I am hoping to improve on my best of 11.4@122 with my new whipple. Hope to see some of you there, maybe we can setup a race.

Tyler G.

Posts: 257 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the site. So You ran an 11.4 with the stock charger? have You made any changes since You ran Your best time? I am trying to make it back to sac but hav'nt hammered a date down yet so who know's?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tgarlock:
Hi All,

I am new here but wanted to see if there is anyt interest in meeting on Oct 11 at Sac raceway. I am hoping to improve on my best of 11.4@122 with my new whipple. Hope to see some of you there, maybe we can setup a race.

Tyler G.

You should wait until the following Sat. night Oct. 18th. My cousin and I will be out there on the 18th. Thats the last Grudge night of the year at Sac Raceway. You will find more races for your street car at Grudge night than showing up on a Test and Tune. Plus Grudge is $35 to run your car and TNT is $50 [patriot]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for grudge, matt i'll be there cheering you and zach on again, waiting to see that 9 sec pass, hopefully i'll have some tires buy then and i'll be there driving instead of watching
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tgarlock  Ford pictures for tgarlock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since I ran the 11.4 i have added the whipple. I am making more power and ALOT more torque.

I am gonna go figure things out on the 11th and I will also make the 18th for both test n tune and grudge fest.

Just thought I'd invite anyone interested in racing to come on out.

Tyler G.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Since I ran the 11.4 i have added the whipple. I am making more power and ALOT more torque.

I am gonna go figure things out on the 11th and I will also make the 18th for both test n tune and grudge fest.

Just thought I'd invite anyone interested in racing to come on out.

Tyler G.

Nice times for a stock blower, did You have the steggy mod? I will try to make it out to the grudge and We can run em! Should be a good race [burnout] .

--------------------

tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

11.4 was with a small shot of n2o, 11.8@116 just blower. The 11.4 was on a 104 degree day at Sac, with the new power from the whipple I am really hopiing for a 10.XX@128ish
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
11.4 was with a small shot of n2o, 11.8@116 just blower. The 11.4 was on a 104 degree day at Sac, with the new power from the whipple I am really hopiing for a 10.XX@128ish

How much boost You got flowing? You on slick's or DR's? Good luck on hittin 10's
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the board Tyler! Are you planning on running with that insanely small 2.60 pulley? [Big Grin] Should be a good time.

I'm thinking I may bring out my car for for the last grudge. It seems like there are going to be so many cars out there breaking the rules for going too fast I might get over looked. [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Hi Drew,

Yes i fully plan on running that little pulley. I am breaking the rules as well. No cage no drive shaft loop. oh well. Hope to see you out there. I will be sending an email to you later about the suspension and Mach rear.

Tyler G

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do they usually kick you out after one pass?

If I get my axles by the 18th I would love to run it all out with the smaller pulley and ET Streets, but Sac is a long way to go for 1 pass, not to mention the gas cost and gate fee. I would be pissed if it was 11.001 and I get kicked out. It might be worth it if it was a 10.99!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:

If I get my axles by the 18th I would love to run it all out with the smaller pulley and ET Streets, but Sac is a long way to go for 1 pass, not to mention the gas cost and gate fee. I would be pissed if it was 11.001 and I get kicked out. It might be worth it if it was a 10.99!

Craig

Its funny that .002 of a second can make you sad or happy. lol!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, .001 can make a HUGE difference if it was a 11.000 vs a 10.999. I think a 10.80 would definitely be worth it. However, if I break it in Sac the wife will KILL ME!

I need to just put a cage in the thing so I can do it at Sears Point. Give another 2 years and I will get the cage.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Yep, .001 can make a HUGE difference if it was a 11.000 vs a 10.999. I think a 10.80 would definitely be worth it. However, if I break it in Sac the wife will KILL ME!

I need to just put a cage in the thing so I can do it at Sears Point. Give another 2 years and I will get the cage.

cUROFF FOR CAGE IS 11.49 RITE? They will probably tell You to leave with a 11.49 or quicker [Embarrassed] .

--------------------

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Craig

They usually kick you out depending on the way you look ...
j/p

The person at the booth will tell you about it and warn you then to go ask TECH

Thats what they told me about not having a 5 point harness jus install one next time, go have fun. The staff at sac is nothing like infineon.

[ September 23, 2008, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: 8stang8 ]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Or just drive through the both without stoping for ur slip and they wont tell ne thing. If u want ur slip have a buddy pick it up for u or something. lol

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be out their on the 11th as well, shooting fot a low 10.5 high 10.4 [Big Grin] i just put a pully on and played with a few more things. Also just ordered the methanol kit, front springs and some et drags.. i was going through traps about 6900 so needed a taller tire with more meat. Want to get everything fine tuned so ill be ready for grudge [Wink]

[ September 23, 2008, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Purple Coupe ]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WickedStang:
Or just drive through the both without stoping for ur slip and they wont tell ne thing. If u want ur slip have a buddy pick it up for u or something. lol

lmao.... i have done that so many time's [Big Grin]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Tyler this is Nick. Are you trying to meet up somewhere before we drive up there?
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to CAFORDS, [patriot] I'll be out there oct 18 grudge fest see you out there drew, That clutch you install on my car works hella good, hopefully I'll do a better time at the track low 11s [Big Grin]

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

quote:
Originally posted by 1HaTCheD5LiTEr:
Hey Tyler this is Nick. Are you trying to meet up somewhere before we drive up there?

If you want to go we can meet anywhere along the way. Coming from Hayward do you take 880-80 or go over 580-680-80?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

If you want to go we can meet anywhere along the way. Coming from Hayward do you take 880-80 or go over 580-680-80?

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I normally go 580-680-80 just because the new bridge is way easier and on a sat traffic should be minimal [Wink]

I'd like to join you guys but i think me and my car are too fresh in the memory of the tech guys [Frown]

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well I'm in San Lorenzo so ur right in my backyard basically. I take 580 which turns into 205, 5 to 4 to 99. If you wanna meet up lets meet at a local spot like the greenhouse in san leandro or something.

and trixsnk...you're more than welcome to join us if u change your mind [patriot]

[ September 24, 2008, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: 1HaTCheD5LiTEr ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com