Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears Point: June 4th (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sears Point: June 4th
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude, that is funny.

You better make it a 1000hp shot!

I am going out next week. They are not racing on the 18th. I may have to take the 25th off as well if the wife lets me get a new clutch. If not, you might actually have chance. On second thought, even with my clutch slipping you will be lucky if you are at the 1000ft point when I cross the finish line.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should do this on PINKS. Lol!

[ June 06, 2008, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what time can be ran with 345rwhp?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:

So much goes into that, somewhere between a 15.99 and 11.99.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much rwhp do you have and what do you run?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
306 and 12.701

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What is the torque # and what rpm was your max horsepower at? What gears and tires are you running?
Correctly geared with good tires and well driven would be in the low 12's. If the gears aren't optimum, you run street tires, and shift slow and/or bog or spin too much off the line it would be mid to high 13's. Vehicle weight also plays a big part.

I ran 12.35 at 108.5mph w/o the s-trim with 3.55's. I had good tires, but the 3.55's were too tall of a gear for that amount of power. I only had 320rwhp but 355rwtq. This was driven perfectly of course! LOL! If I had 4.10's and 25 more hp I would say it would run a high 11. However, with 87 Hatch behind the wheel it would run a mid 14 like all of his cars.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

FYI, I will not be there on the 25th. I have to go to my daughter's ballet recital.

If I skip that then there is no way I am getting my clutch, alternator, electric fan, axles, carrier, ect......... Now I know why the wife hates my car. The more I buy the longer the "need to buy" and "to do" lists get on the car. She thougth that I was going to be done when I got the motor.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

354 torque, 3:55s, street tires, 87 gt, max hp @ 5900, max torque @ 5000. I'm a very good driver.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Take it out there!!

You should hit 110mph which is good for a low 12, but you will not get off the line with street tires. I would guess a high 12.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

How much mph or how many tenths would i gain with 3.73s or 3.90s? And also with slicks or drs? I'll be there on the 25th! [burnout] thx

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I can't make the 25th. You'll have to post your results.

The gears would probably give you a couple tenths on sticky tires. Good drag radials (MT ET Streets) would be worth a few tenths.

You have to see what your trap speed is and what RPM you are crossing the line at. Ideally, you want to be just under your shift point as you cross the line. Most likely, with the 3.55s you are not going to be using enough of 4th gear. However, on street tires your 60ft time will probably be better than it would with lower gears because you would just spin more with lower gears.

I was shifting my motor well below 6k without the blower on it. I think that 3.90 gears would have been ideal for me. However, I have a blower cam, tiny Edelbrock Performers, and a Cobra Intake. If you can get a lot more rpm out of your motor, then 4.10's might be the right gear. I don't think I would like 4.10's on the street though.

Tell me your trap speed after you race and then we can calculate what a perfect run would be. The calculation assumes a perfect launch with the correct gears and tires.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

so..i hit a 13.229 @ 109.97 with a 2.1 60 ft, missed second badly, in all of my runs. I ran another 13.2 and a 13.6...all @ 109.. car ran great, just couldnt find second!

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

quote:
354 torque, 3:55s, street tires, 87 gt, max hp @ 5900, max torque @ 5000. I'm a very good driver.

Are you sure about that? LOL! Sorry I just couldn't resist. What is the problem with 2nd gear? Were you spinning in 1st when you shifted to 2nd? If so, don't do that. You need to pedal it in 1st until it has traction so you can get the cars speed up before shifting to 2nd. My car hates to be shifted to 2nd when 1st is spinning and the car is only going 10mph. Also, if you do slam 2nd at that low of a speed it is going to spin like crazy, or hook and bog like crazy.

I thought it would hit 110mph. That is a good speed. I ran a 12.3 @ 108.5mph with good tires and 3.55's so you should be able to beat that with your extra mph. Like I said, high 12 with street tires.

When are you going back out? I will be there next week.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

well its the stock t-5 with about 250,000. But on the street it hits it fine. I wasent spinning too bad in first, It just wouldnt go in. I am gonna adjust my clutch before next week. So with that 110 its a low 12sec car on streets?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Take some play out of the clutch and it might shift better. If not, then just slow the shift down. A slow shift is better than missing it. I would say high 12's with street tires, mid 12's with drag radials, and low 12's with bias ply race tires like MT ET Streets. If you get 3.73's and get the 60ft in the 1.5's then you might touch the 11's.

What color is your car? I will look for you next week.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

its a black gt on ponies, a little rough around the edges!...what u rollin in?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:

Craig has the typical 15+ year old beaten up teal fox body.

[Razz]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

Craig has the typical 15+ year old beaten up teal fox body.

[Razz]

Yep, but Ford's official name for that color is Reef Blue. It pretty much looks green in the sunlight, but the blue comes out when it is dark. It is a 93LX and looks all stock except for the tinted windows and being lowered. The tailpipes are 1/4" bigger as well and chrome instead of stainless.

ThreeThiryOne, what are the details on your motor?

Craig

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

SHORT rod 332.46, forged, 10.5 comp. afr 185s out of box, tfs 1 cam, rpm2, 30# injectors. BBK shorties unequal, off road x. Stock ignition, Fuel system, and suspension. [burnout]

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Okay, then I am not too far off. Those are the heads and intake I was considering. I went 108.5mph and I have a Cobra Intake with the lower ported and box stock (other than springs) Edelbrock 1.9/1.6 valve older version Performers. I only have 9:1 comp and a custom blower cam which passes the sniffer beautifully.

I talked to my Cousin and he said last week was really fast. There was a tail wind and usually there is a 20mph headwind. For reference, my dad ran 105mph on his bike and two weeks ago he couldn't even break 100mph. The wind affects his bike a lot, but it was probably still worth a mph in the car. Don't be surprised if the headwind comes back next week. I never ran mine NA in those conditions. I might have to take the blower back off and see what it will do. I don't have my sticky tires anymore, but I would like to shoot for 110mph with my Nittos. It would be geared better with the shorter tires and I can tune it better now. It will still probably require some cold winter air though to hit 110mph.

Are you going to be there next week?

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Yes, I will, along with my buddies lx, and a gto or two. And yes the conditions were perfect this week!

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Do you still plan on going? I will be out there in the Stang that has kid's car seats in the back.
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

fucked my ankle playing basketball! Bad! Its my clutch foot! Im pissed!

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I wished I did that. Instead I got a ticket on the way out to the track, did something to the rearend because it was making some bad noises after my 3rd time trial which was an 11.60 @ 119.7mph, and then I locked my keys in the car and had to get my cousin to drive me back to Santa Rosa to get my spare keys!

It was a horrible day for me.

You would have been slower that day. The 20mph headwind was back and people were 2-3 mph slower that day than the week before.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com