Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears Point: June 4th (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sears Point: June 4th
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there, anyone else planning to? Craig?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there. I might not be there for very long if my clutch slips like last time.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See you there Craig

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Slicks n skinnies mounted up [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

sonic_mike
Member # 8442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonic_mike  Ford pictures for sonic_mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I MIGHT go, keep an eye out for a sonic blue lightning [Whoo Whooooo!]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

-

--------------------

sonic_mike
Member # 8442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonic_mike  Ford pictures for sonic_mike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -

i see your local too.

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to be pissed if they make it 1/8th mile because of this damn wind we have!! I dropped the kids off this morning and got in late so the wife could go in early and pick the kids up. It will suck if I take 2 hours of vacation and get behind at work just to run the 1/8th!

You know those nice and shiny clean vehicles are going to be covered in dust about ten minutes after you get to the track!! I didn't clean mine this time!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

My picture was taken last year, the car is filthy with dust right now! If it's 1/8th mile I won't waste my time.....

[Mad]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

The problem is that it is too late when you find out. They don't tell you when you call them. They tell you that they will run 1/4 if it is safe and they look out there window and say that it looks okay right now. Then you get there and they changed their minds! Last time they dropped it to 1/8th was after one of the Comp Rod cars changed lanes after the finish line becasue the wind was blowing so hard. I got one 1/4 run and then the rest were 1/8th. This was last season. Keep your fingers crossed!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I'm soo damn busy lately with everything. I think I'll just hold off and wait for less wind during the day to take the guess work out of the question.....

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Just go. They will be running 1/4. Ron thinks that if they didn't drop it to 1/8th two weeks ago when the wind was super strong then they shouldn't today. Also, this may be the last time you get to race with some cool weather. The wind definitely helps cool the motor if you have your hood up between runs. It feels like it did two weeks ago when I got back to back 11.55's with my low boost setup.

I BETTER SEE YOU OUT THERE!!

What time would you be leaving?

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Fuck mannnnnnnnnn, I dunno, until reading this I was 100% not going, now I'm 99% not going..... I hate wasting 2 hours of my evening......

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just go, its not going to be that windy and they will run the 1/4 mile. Craig is just paranoid. lol!
Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

KILLING ME MANNNNNNNNNNN

I just went home, have my helmet etc and am going. Fuckers...........

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
results? (:

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I left before the eliminations started to get back into town and see my son's ballgame. The wind was brutal. I managed to get my 60 foot down to a 1.77 on the 17" MT drag radials which was my highlight. Didn't best my ET.

[ June 05, 2008, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I went out in the 3rd round. I am still pissed! I went from running 1.94 60fts in all the time trials and 11.80's to then getting my best ever 60ft on the Nittos which was a 1.704! I new it was a good run and I didn't want to lift until I hit the 1000ft so I could see what it would have done. Well, I slammed the brakes on at the 1000ft, which also happened to be where I caught the guy, and I ran an 11.775 on a 11.78 dial. I broke out by .005 and I was still pretty far ahead of him so I had room to hit the brakes more because I tree'd him pretty good. I thought I hit them enough. I was only doing 92mph and all my other runs were 119.9mph. I dropped almost 30mph! Going by the 1000ft, it would have been 11.45-11.48 at just over 120mph.

I am still trying to figure out how to get consistent launches with the Nittos. I was spinning bad until the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then it was getting in the 1.7's like last time out. I have one of my tunes set for a high idle so I am launching from that, which is 1600rpm. It was still blowing the tires off in all the time trials. I think that I may have brought the clutch off the floor a tiny bit on that last run when I staged. That would make me engage the clutch a little sooner before I get on the gas, which might do it. If I start from the floor, I think I am getting on the gas too soon and the rpm is up a little more by the time the clutch engages and then it just blows the tires off.

The clutch is hanging in there, but I can feel that it is on the edge. I'll try again next week, and then I'll have to take a couple off. I use about $50 in gas each time I go out and that only includes 2 gallons of 100 octane! There are no races on the 18th.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
craig your car is slow ! if i ran it for ya it would run under 11.50 s all the time .

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

If you drove my car it would go straight in the wall because you would not be able to handle all that horsepower.

You better stick with something under 250hp!! Keep your car in the 14's because I don't want to have to wait for them to clean up the mess that you make when you can't keep your 13 second car under control!!!!!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will skip the 13 s and go right into the 12 s and when i spray it it"s going to be in the 11 s

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87 hatch:
I will skip the 13 s and go right into the 12 s and when i spray it it"s going to be in the 11 s

You now have to sell your truck and put the money into the stang and go after Craig. LOL!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

quote:

For YOU to get your car in the 11's you are going to need about 200hp more than I have, so I hope you have a 500hp shot of nitrous!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

craig i will run as much as it takes to kick your ass ! now it"s on ! you and me 3 weeks

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
craig i will run as much as it takes to kick your ass ! now it"s on ! you and me 3 weeks

LOL, goodluck with that [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com