Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » GT 500!! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GT 500!!
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate those f'n ZO6's. Not because it is a Chevy, but because the damn things are so fast. Any bastard with money, and there seem to be quite a few around here, can go out and buy a car off the showroom floor that will trap the same speed as I do after working my ass off spending a ton of time to get my car where it is today. I ran 123.7mph on my Nittos but the car was running lean. Once I upgrade injectors and get it tuned right I will be at 125mph. Most guys I see at the track with the ZO6's don't get as good of an ET as they should, so I will have fun beating them down the track. I don't have a cage, so I am stuck at 11.50. I ran 11.74 last time, so when I learn how to launch on the Nitto's I will be as quick as I can be without a cage. Currently I dropped the boost to 7psi and am going to run my ET street bias ply's. That should hit 11.50 @ 118mph and be consistent.

Last time I went to the track I did something a ZO6 can't do. I did 123.7mph with a car seat in the back!! I took my 4yr old daughter to the track with me. Of course she was not in the car when I was racing, but she had fun watching from the tower.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most people who those cars usually have other cars to drive the family around in.most mustang drivers(myself included)theyre race car is also theyre daily driver.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just bought my cobra....i will own it for about a year.

i will then be trading it in for an 03-04 or an 01-02 Z06.

pretty much the 2 best "bang for the buck" cars out to date.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
i just bought my cobra....i will own it for about a year.

i will then be trading it in for an 03-04 or an 01-02 Z06.

pretty much the 2 best "bang for the buck" cars out to date.

I hope to purchase some sort of c5 corvette in the next year. Those z06s are soo sick.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by BOTIH8R*pbr*:
i didnt know you were a chevy lover if you understand and respect the performance they deliver

[patriot]
all i have to say is when is chevy gonna stop making the same shit...performance..let's see a non pushrod motor in a vett? chevy is so hardheaded and can't come up with a good ohc motor for their sportscar? I'll back off when i see them atempt to build something diff. then a big inch (penis-extention)motor. I'll stick with 4.6 & 5.4 motor...i'm not tryin' to comp. 4 other thing's [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
lol @ this guy... 11 post...FTMFW!!!

[burnout]

thats funny he has talked more about fords in his 11 post then u probably have in ur 1000+
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by BOTIH8R*pbr*:
i didnt know you were a chevy lover if you understand and respect the performance they deliver

[patriot]
all i have to say is when is chevy gonna stop making the same shit...performance..let's see a non pushrod motor in a vett? chevy is so hardheaded and can't come up with a good ohc motor for their sportscar? I'll back off when i see them atempt to build something diff. then a big inch (penis-extention)motor. I'll stick with 4.6 & 5.4 motor...i'm not tryin' to comp. 4 other thing's [Razz]
any ford that will compete with the vette will be blown so theres a belt driven penis extension.the only reason they havent changed anything is because it works.shit man read my sn or the license plates on my blown 4.6
im not a chevy lover or even fan for that matter but i can still respect what those cars do.heres the plates in case you were wondering

-

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BOTIH8R

BITCHEEEZ!!!!

[worship] [worship]

but a Z06 still outperforms ALL mustangs.... [Big Grin]

[burnout]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll buy a viper if i want a 2 seater....

I remember when 5.0's were new and when they use to really smash on z28's and IROCS of the day...You guy's remember that right? [Razz]

I guess will see what chevy can do when they bring that ugly ass crap back...I hope that flops like the GTO!

apples to oranges when you compare a 2 seater 2 a mustang...but us real ford guy's r use to it.so i think it should be a battle vett vs viper u know what i'd pick [Wink]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was a GT500 @ Sears Point last Weds. It ran a 11.51 @ 127 on the brakes. They told him 11.49 and he would be done for the night. After making a crappy 1st test pass @ 11.70, he was on the brakes at the end every time. The car was on 275 DRs and it would torch them over a 2k launch.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com