Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » How many 12 sec stock motored foxes do we have in nor cal? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How many 12 sec stock motored foxes do we have in nor cal?
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StockMotorHero:
Luke my boy!! Looks like you have quite the support on these forums. I would like to see you hit that number very much as well. You have worked too hard and come too close not to bask in the glory of 12.999.

Sometimes it takes a bunch of internet guys that you haven't met before to pressure you into doing something. [Big Grin]

yup you are right. I'd like to see you get a 12.99 too with a short belt, no easy way out [Smile]
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Iam kinda new to drag racing so i dont know about all the tricks to it, iam just starting to get into it and ive only got a few runs in at the track. I got a couple questions for all you guys
1. What is sidesteping?
2.How do run w/out a belt should you at lest run the waterpump?
Thanks

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for you to stick with it Luke. An AFPR might get you a little more mph. For sure air up the front tires, 10 psi over the max for the tire is a general rule, more if your comfortable. I never really noticed ice on the intake helping much, so I stopped using it. Many others swear by it, so thats worth a try too as they have stated. As for the launches, you seem to be doing well there. Your doing better than Jim in that area for your mph, so you might ignore him in that department. [Big Grin] Most of all hope you catch a good air day. Sometimes the friday night sessions can be good for that, which they switch over to in a month or two.

1320Master- I remember Jon making all those passes in the coupe but wasn't that a cobra take out motor, I could be wrong though, it has been a while.

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
Iam kinda new to drag racing so i dont know about all the tricks to it, iam just starting to get into it and ive only got a few runs in at the track. I got a couple questions for all you guys
1. What is sidesteping?
Thanks

Questions are always ok. I hate when people dog on others when they don't know thing. There is only one way to find out and that is to ask.

1. Sidesteping the clutch pedal. When you are at the line staged he takes the motor up to a desired RPM(Like how Jim said 5K) When you have the clutch in all you do is "slid" your foot off the clutch pedal to the left quickly.

2.You can run the car with out the belt for a run. You don't want to run it too much after that. It will get pretty warm with out the pump running but people do it all the time. Some guys will jump out the car on the return road and put it back on.

[ April 08, 2006, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX' ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
1. What is sidesteping?
Thanks

Questions are always ok. I hate when people dog on others when they don't know thing. There is only one way to find out and that is to ask.

1. Sidesteping the clutch pedal. When you are at the line staged he takes the motor up to a desired RPM(Like how Jim said 5K) When you have the clutch in all you do is "slid" your foot off the clutch pedal to the left quickly.

2.You can run the car with out the belt for a run. You don't want to run it too much after that. It will get pretty warm with out the pump running but people do it all the time. Some guys will jump out the car on the return road and put it back on.

Alright thanks man, i appreciate the help.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UPDATE: 4-15-06

Well guys, you convinced me to give it another crack at it. New mods for this week were:

- 180* stat
- Tune-up (plugs, wires, cap/rotor)
- Removed the March Ram Air scoop and instead took out the passenger side side marker to give the air a line of site to the air filter.

I headed out to Sac Raceway despite the ominous looking clouds over me. I met and bs'd with Yellow94GT, 98slowhoe, 93Pony and a few others from this board. Nice meeting you guys by the way.

I only got 2 passes in due to a rain cancelation at about 2:30pm. All runs were made WITH the belt on.

Both runs were in the 13.0x range with the better of the two shown below:

-

0.08X short, OUCH, lol.

I had been icing my intake for a good 30 minutes, and was the next car in line, when a few drops started to come down and they canceled it. I think with a 1.70 60ft after that long intake icing session, it could have been close... Gotta love it, lol.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hang in there Luke!

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that your best MPH? Looks really good.

And remember- the folks that did back in the day usually ran 4.10's and had more drag specific suspension. But you are there. Ice does make a difference.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:

And remember- the folks that did back in the day usually ran 4.10's and had more drag specific suspension. But you are there. Ice does make a difference.

Ya Jim, 102.626 is the best mph. I ran 105 last time, but the clocks were all over the place, and thus don't believe it was true. That was with a Ram Air and no belt however, so who knows how off it was?

Getting a 12.99 with a 102.x mph is NOT easy.

As Drew pointed out, its usually the "4's" that indicate enough power to dip into the next second of the ET bracket...

104mph for 12.99
114mph for 11.99
124mph for 10.99

[ April 16, 2006, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm glad your sticking with it Luke. Congrats on the 13.0, there's no turning back now [Smile] I bet you would have ran a 12.99 after icing the intake for 30 minutes, but you gotta love the rain. When is the next time you are thinking of going out there and trying again?

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My experience showed no improvement w/ ram air when I was running low 12's. Did a few back-to-back tests. That is excellent trap speed for stock 5.0.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:

Ya Jim, 102.626 is the best mph. I ran 105 last time, but the clocks were all over the place, and thus don't believe it was true. That was with a Ram Air and no belt however, so who knows how off it was?

Getting a 12.99 with a 102.x mph is NOT easy.

As Drew pointed out, its usually the "4's" that indicate enough power to dip into the next second of the ET bracket...

104mph for 12.99
114mph for 11.99
124mph for 10.99

Good meeting you Luke! You'll get it next time out!!!

And Don't mention the "4's" that just shows you how bad of a driver I am! I was able to get a 12.2@114.4. My driving is a bit from the 11.9 range.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com