Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » How many 12 sec stock motored foxes do we have in nor cal? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How many 12 sec stock motored foxes do we have in nor cal?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Chris, we strongly disagree on that one. For me, the seat removal is gutting imho. It would not be considered...

sway bar, any rim config, spare, jack, and thats pretty it. Otherwise where does it stop?

Did you run w/ no belt?

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Chris, we strongly disagree on that one. For me, the seat removal is gutting imho. It would not be considered...

sway bar, any rim config, spare, jack, and thats pretty it. Otherwise where does it stop?

Did you run w/ no belt?
Both Chris and I ran our final few passes, no belt. No belt was worth 0.1 for me and even more for Chris, and closer to 0.15 for Chris.

13.21 was my best with a belt and not sure about Chris's times. I believe 13.1X

I considered Chris's belt idea since it was getting late and there was no way I was beating 13.21 on that particular day with what I was there with. I ran 13.2x 4 consecutive times.

If I decide to go back, I will really need some ideas to conquer that last 0.21

I have mixed feelings about racing beltless and it makes racing a helluva lot more stressful watching the temp gauge and having to jump out and snatch it.

Jim, how did you conquer the last couple tenths when you were knocking on 11.9's door?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wait a minute, both you and chris ran without belts?
So neither of you have a 12 with the commonly accepted short belt limitation?

Ok, so now the truth comes out!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:

yip, easy there. The only truth that has "come out" is that you aren't reading all the details.

If you go to the original first post in this thread, it has a link to my drag page with every single detail you would ever want. I am not hiding anything. Not my style...

This has been a big learning experience for both chris and me and I am bringing all the details out in the open. Some will be impressed, some won't. That's fine.

Rather than come on here with consistent negativity and doubt, why not add some constructive criticism (if you can) so you are actually contributing helpful information?

Were you stuck in stock motored 15's or something? [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] The soft spot has to be stemming from somewhere right, lol.

[ April 06, 2006, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Borrowed some skinnies, powershifted w/ throttle on the floor, and DA.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Borrowed some skinnies, powershifted w/ throttle on the floor, and DA.

I had a feeling you'd say those things.

If I were to go back, I would need some ideas. I don't see myself just going back with the same stuff I had on Saturday... Need some more tricks/ideas.

[ April 06, 2006, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Jim, how did you conquer the last couple tenths when you were knocking on 11.9's door?

Luke, i have never been closed to 11.9s. with the cobra i went 12.3s at 116-117 on street tires(well nittos, but not drag radials) could;ve gone 11s, but needed a different driver and someone with enough balls to blow a halfshaft and not care. that was not me.
And with the coupe. so far my best is 13.009.
Keep trying.. you are too close to give up now!!!

--------------------
=(

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luke87GT:

Luke, i have never been closed to 11.9s. with the cobra i went 12.3s at 116-117 on street tires(well nittos, but not drag radials) could;ve gone 11s, but needed a different driver and someone with enough balls to blow a halfshaft and not care. that was not me.
And with the coupe. so far my best is 13.009.
Keep trying.. you are too close to give up now!!!

Thanks for the encouragement! 0.009 omg, that must be haunting you huh? You most definitely have to go back for that one. I don't think I could walk away if I were that close.
Are you still actively pursuing it? What are the mods/tires/60ft/mph?

--------------------
Stangless

1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Drew and Jim don't forget about the famous now white93ghost of Jon's. In the begining we had that car in the low 12.80s range with a all stock engine untouched the only mods was exhaust and a ton of suspension work.

[ April 06, 2006, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:

yip, easy there. The only truth that has "come out" is that you aren't reading all the details.

If you go to the original first post in this thread, it has a link to my drag page with every single detail you would ever want. I am not hiding anything. Not my style...

This has been a big learning experience for both chris and me and I am bringing all the details out in the open. Some will be impressed, some won't. That's fine.

Rather than come on here with consistent negativity and doubt, why not add some constructive criticism (if you can) so you are actually contributing helpful information?

Were you stuck in stock motored 15's or something? [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] The soft spot has to be stemming from somewhere right, lol.

hah. you sound like my dad. he took his belt off too a few times to wack us. no big, i ran 13's too. 12's is tough yo.

[ April 06, 2006, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: yipnip5.0 ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 1320MASTER:
Hey Drew and Jim don't forget about the famous now white93ghost of Jon's. In the begining we had that car in the low 12.80s range with a all stock engine untouched the only mods was exhaust and a ton of suspension work.

I do remember Jon's car. Maybe he will see this and chime in.

yip, at 25 I am def to young to start sounding like a dad lol.

Ok guys, my inspiration to take another crack at this is rising. I just need some ideas here.

Ice intake? CAI vs stock airbox? Play with timing shift/points, Air up the fronts to 45psi. Shoot this isn't going to be easy, lol. Remember, I am not trying to run 12.89 or 12.92 here. I just want to squeek a 12.999 and die happy, lol.

Any thoughts or additional tricks?

--------------------
Stangless

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:

I don't think I even knew you guys before that car had the H/C/I. Remeber your 60 ft's?
Both Chris and Luke seem to be scared of 90/10's, adjustable lowers and 10psi...
[Razz]

So, Is Jon still breathing?

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

ok here are my secrets:
4cyl front springs
90-10's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

IIIIIICEEEEEEEEE!

I always ran a frozen intake. 5k launches w/ a sidestep!

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:

I don't think I even knew you guys before that car had the H/C/I. Remeber your 60 ft's?
Both Chris and Luke seem to be scared of 90/10's, adjustable lowers and 10psi...
[Razz]

So, Is Jon still breathing?

lol, not scared at all. We just value handling over a full drag set-up. With 1.69-1.70 60s, I don't think I am sacrificing too much. Chris has cut 1.67's down in So Cal. We are both running stiff suspensions. I have the full Bullitt gig and Chris has 350# front coil overs with Griggs rear springs.

Towards the end of the night, both of our slicks were in the 8-9psi range. Talk about a hairy ride down the track on the big end!

--------------------
Stangless

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
STOCK MOTOR. Get it into the 12's no belt with a stock motor and youll still get respect. Invite these others to try the same. Ice, different shift points and I think a steaper gear is in need. How about gas? What octane are you using? Bring the octane up a few points and give her a little more timing? Youre not done yet! All of these ideas are easy and quick except the rear end. Timing varies car to car anyhow so mess with it a little. Leave the belt while trying this other crap to keep the stress down once you see it close pull the belt, bust off a 12. P.S. Youre kinda commited to do this since going Nation wide on corral. Youll be known as the guy that couldnt! [Wink]

1. ice
2. octane
3. timing
4. shift points

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by modular:
P.S. Youre kinda commited to do this since going Nation wide on corral. Youll be known as the guy that couldnt! [Wink]

ROFL! Don't I know it, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
IIIIIICEEEEEEEEE!

I always ran a frozen intake. 5k launches w/ a sidestep!

Have not iced the intake yet, but I got you beat by 1250 on the launches. How much is icing the intake worth?

--------------------
Stangless

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not sure anyone has ever tested the exact improvement. Sounds like you have another new task. LOL

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it the was before your time but the 60 foots on a good track was 1.70s and then i think the clutch gave out.

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

I saw up to a tenth if you could go right away and not have the intake heat up while waiting. And are you side-stepping the clutch at the limiter? Good clutch? I ran a CF DF w/ no issues.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

sidestep everytime

I have been playing with two launch techniques.

The first is the standard hold it at the limiter and side-step. The second is trying to side-step while the angular velocity of the flywheel is increasing, rather than just holding it up there. Basically, I want the flywheel to be accelerating when I pop the clutch at 6200ish.

Hard to quantify the results. Don't have enough passes under my belt to do that quite yet. The car has been down the track 18 times thus far.

--------------------
Stangless

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find 1mph and drop your 60ft down into the mid 1.6s and I think your there. Side stepping off the limiter or close to it is not always the best way to launch the car. Try launching at a lower rpm don't side step it just let it out fast and mash the gas pedal while your doing it, you should have a little tire spin. Have you done anything with fuel pressure and timing?

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the others have been saying, you can't stop now. Especially when you say you've only been down the track 18 times with it so far. You definitely have to ice the intake down, i do it every pass down the track, we stop at the gas station and get 2 bags and put them in a 5 Gal. garbage bags and set them on the intake. Do you have longtubes? If not i would get some 1 5/8, they will give you the extra torque that you need. I want to see you accomplish this [patriot]

[ April 07, 2006, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
StockMotorHero
¯
Member # 6171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StockMotorHero  Ford pictures for StockMotorHero    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Luke my boy!! Looks like you have quite the support on these forums. I would like to see you hit that number very much as well. You have worked too hard and come too close not to bask in the glory of 12.999.

Sometimes it takes a bunch of internet guys that you haven't met before to pressure you into doing something. [Big Grin]

--------------------
86LX Coupe - stock 93 motor throttle body to oil pan, T5, bolt-ons, slicks

12.96 @ 100.69, 1.75 60ft SAC
best 60: 1.67
best mph: 102.77

Posts: 21 | From: orange county, ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com