Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal GM vs. Ford EFI Shootout 2006 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Norcal GM vs. Ford EFI Shootout 2006
sean04
¯
Member # 4863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sean04  Ford pictures for sean04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks [/qb][/QUOTE]Sean,
Get that silver hoopty of yours down to the shop Tues, Weds, or Thurs & we'll throw it on the rollers to make sure the A/F is cool....that way you can kick some Cheby butt on Sunday. [Smile]
Or, I can bring the wideband & laptops to the track on Sunday & dial it in there.
Let me know. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer sean, but Ive got a buyer for my car and Id hate to hurt it before he picks it up. If I bring up a silver hoopty its going to be all wheel drive.

Are they running a true street tire class?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tuned by Jeff S. aka JeffTheTuna

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sean04:
Thanks

Sean,
Get that silver hoopty of yours down to the shop Tues, Weds, or Thurs & we'll throw it on the rollers to make sure the A/F is cool....that way you can kick some Cheby butt on Sunday. [Smile]
Or, I can bring the wideband & laptops to the track on Sunday & dial it in there.
Let me know. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer sean, but Ive got a buyer for my car and Id hate to hurt it before he picks it up. If I bring up a silver hoopty its going to be all wheel drive.

Are they running a true street tire class?? [Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Our "slow" bracket class is true street tire... What all wheel drive vehicle do you have?

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know of several people that would like to attend this event but have been told due to being carburated they would not be allowed. I realize this has been organized as an efi event but maybe a grudge lane with no rules would benefit everyone.
sean04
¯
Member # 4863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sean04  Ford pictures for sean04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Our "slow" bracket class is true street tire... What all wheel drive vehicle do you have? [/QB][/QUOTE]

mitsu evo, yes i know its not a ford

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I jump on the bandwagon and bring my 89 lx. I just have street tires and bottle along with the normal bolt on's. What class would that be under? I've only been to testNtunes but would like to try this event out if I could.
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have to pay for parking? I am just going to be spectating. Its $10 to spectate right?

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bullitt4110:
Do you have to pay for parking? I am just going to be spectating. Its $10 to spectate right?

I don't believe you have to pay to park. $10 per person to get into the gates. They might allow you to pay $5 more to park inside the gates so you don't have to park in the dirt/gravel lot out front...

As far as the imports (even the cool, fast ones) and the carbed cars, sorry. This is strickly an EFI event.

We will be having our annual Shootout in the fall (Sept 10th again) and carbed cars will not just be allowed, but welcomed at that event.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:

As far as the imports (even the cool, fast ones) and the carbed cars, sorry. This is strickly an EFI event.

We will be having our annual Shootout in the fall (Sept 10th again) and carbed cars will not just be allowed, but welcomed at that event.

why was there a 67-69 camaro in the field when it was expressed so firmly early on that no "early models" were allowed no matter if EFI or not?? Was that just to keep chris molinari from running today?
[Confused]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe the Camaro was classed as Outlaw and wanted to run, so he running in the #1 lane (re-runs and loser bracket). If Chris' car was running, and EFI, he woulda been fine to run Outlaw. He has a aftermarket block, correct? I seriously doubt the classes were setup *just* to keep *him* from running.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I believe the Camaro was classed as Outlaw and wanted to run, so he running in the #1 lane (re-runs and loser bracket). If Chris' car was running, and EFI, he woulda been fine to run Outlaw. He has a aftermarket block, correct? I seriously doubt the classes were setup *just* to keep *him* from running.

Correct, thanks John.

I didn't classify that 1st Gen Camaro, someone else must have. There were 3 or 4 of us that had the "rules sheet" and a shoe polish pen putting people in classes. It was not clear on the sheet what class they were in so the 1st gen was put in Outlaw. But it was a totally stock LS1 in there running high 13's. Not too safe to run cars with such a ET/MPH difference at the same time, so I switched him to the "Stock Bracket" class. I guess next time we can make it more clear that transplanted EFI cars CAN race in the bracket class.

As far as Chris Molinari (ChrisM), no, he was not even thought about for this event or rules, so hopefully neither you nor him think he ranks that highly with EVERY online car community. I personally have no issues with Chris, in person that is. Online he is a total dick and he knows it. Some of the members at Norcal have issues with him and I'm pretty damned sure that Chris has issues with Norcal and some of our members, but NOTHING was decided on because of ONE PERSON. [Roll Eyes]

I'd like to thank the track workers for making this event run much smoother then the last event. Pulling the classes could have been done a little smoother and more consistant, but so far that is the ONLY complaint I have heard.

I'd like to thank all the volunteers for making this event run smooth and a big thanks to JohnB from this board for helping tech/classify cars.

And a big thanks for all the racers and spectators. Without you, there wouldn't have been anything to do or watch, and our event would have been a failure.

As it stands I think the vast majority had a great time and I/we look foward to more events in the future.

Thanks again,

Brian (WHYT LIE)(ZO SIC)(PRVT JKR for the day)

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not cheerleading for him, simply asking a question.....

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a great event Brian and one of the funnest days I have ever had at the track. Big thanks to you and all the Norcal staff and members. Can't wait for the next one! [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

but on a lighter note.......great event, expected a few more local ls1 guys woulda been there but i guess they were all busy/down ?? good stuff though......

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Correct, thanks John.

I didn't classify that 1st Gen Camaro, someone else must have. There were 3 or 4 of us that had the "rules sheet" and a shoe polish pen putting people in classes. It was not clear on the sheet what class they were in so the 1st gen was put in Outlaw. But it was a totally stock LS1 in there running high 13's. Not too safe to run cars with such a ET/MPH difference at the same time, so I switched him to the "Stock Bracket" class. I guess next time we can make it more clear that transplanted EFI cars CAN race in the bracket class.

As far as Chris Molinari (ChrisM), no, he was not even thought about for this event or rules, so hopefully neither you nor him think he ranks that highly with EVERY online car community. I personally have no issues with Chris, in person that is. Online he is a total dick and he knows it. Some of the members at Norcal have issues with him and I'm pretty damned sure that Chris has issues with Norcal and some of our members, but NOTHING was decided on because of ONE PERSON. [Roll Eyes]

I'd like to thank the track workers for making this event run much smoother then the last event. Pulling the classes could have been done a little smoother and more consistant, but so far that is the ONLY complaint I have heard.

I'd like to thank all the volunteers for making this event run smooth and a big thanks to JohnB from this board for helping tech/classify cars.

And a big thanks for all the racers and spectators. Without you, there wouldn't have been anything to do or watch, and our event would have been a failure.

As it stands I think the vast majority had a great time and I/we look foward to more events in the future.

Thanks again,

I understand that you may have issues with Chris Molinari. However, being that you are a coordinator of track events, it is unprofessional to speak about someone in this fashion - especially on a site where he cannot come up and defend himself. Just my 2 cents....

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
quote:

Correct, thanks John.

Thanks again,

I understand that you may have issues with Chris Molinari. However, being that you are a coordinator of track events, it is unprofessional to speak about someone in this fashion - especially on a site where he cannot come up and defend himself. Just my 2 cents....
I understand. What specifically did I say that you think is wrong? I didn't "say"/type anything that I wouldn't say through IM, PM, e-mail, phone conversation or face to face about/to Chris.

I have always thought that if you have or are willing to say it directly to that person then it isn't "talking behind their back."

Like I said, I have ZERO issues with Chris in person, but online I don't think anyone can honestly say he is a good person. Just different personalities from online to in reality.

If you still think this is unprofessional, then I'll edit my post, or apologize. I don't like editing things because you can't do that in real life either. I said it and I'll stick to it, I think before I speak/talk. So if I make a mistake, it is proper for people to see that and then be able to read my apology and make a decision for themselves.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No don't edit your post if that's how you feel then stick to it. It doesn't look unprofessional at all you're calling it like you see it. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then its a FN duck! I've never met Chris in person but online he does comes across as a whiney ignorant pissy dirty haired poorly dressed scummy lil bitch. Him as an asshole? I can certainly see that but he'd take that as a compliment because he thinks he got to you and because he'd be the topic of conversation. He strikes me more as a lost puppy looking for acceptance. I kinda feel sorry for the sap. Maybe I'll put some Puppy Chow in a bowl and place it outside my front door. But, although he looks like a mangey ungroomed scrappy lil mut that's been kicked in the head a few too many times, I'll still stay at arms length and will not pet him. He'd give me fleas!

[ May 10, 2006, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whyt Lie...

I could understand if Chris himself came onto this site and questioned whether your rules were intended to keep him out of the race. However, the person who raised this question was Jayl, not Chris Molinari.

In my opinion, you could have easily stated that any/all cars with EFI were allowed and that Chris Molinari could have ran his car at the event if he showed up - end of subject.

Yes, Chris likes to stir stuff up on the net. And, you may feel strongly about what you said. However, to bring it up at a time when a simple question was asked, you could have answered it with a simple answer. The fact that this thread has now turned into a Chris M conversation is proof enough that your own words created drama.

I'll drop the subject, ask that you DO NOT edit your post, as you said, you cannot edit real life. I only ask that you think before you speak. You are now in a position where you are trying to get people to show up to your races...I for one would second guess racing in an event just because of the immature way in which you brought personal problems with Chris into a post that did not warrant them.

[ May 10, 2006, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Whyt Lie...

I could understand if Chris himself came onto this site and questioned whether your rules were intended to keep him out of the race. However, the person who raised this question was Jayl, not Chris Molinari.

In my opinion, you could have easily stated that any/all cars with EFI were allowed and that Chris Molinari could have ran his car at the event if he showed up - end of subject.

Yes, Chris likes to stir stuff up on the net. And, you may feel strongly about what you said. However, to bring it up at a time when a simple question was asked, you could have answered it with a simple answer. The fact that this thread has now turned into a Chris M conversation is proof enough that your own words created drama.

I'll drop the subject, ask that you DO NOT edit your post, as you said, you cannot edit real life. I only ask that you think before you speak. You are now in a position where you are trying to get people to show up to your races...I for one would second guess racing in an event just because of the immature way in which you brought personal problems with Chris into a post that did not warrant them.

While I can understand where you are coming from I still disagree. I don't think I started any drama. I try my best to be totally honest and up front about everything, and if drama occurs from that, then so be it.

I don't feel that you really read what I wrote or understood me. I DO NOT HAVE ANY PERSONAL ISSUES/PROBLEMS with Chris Molinari!!! Hopefully that was clear.

As for the unprofessional manner in which I brought it up, I disagree. I can understand how some people will lump my "personal" words in with my "professional" words, but I don't see how that would change how the event was run or how much fun or how many runs people got.

I do think about what I say and hardly ever have to take anything back or edit my posts. I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

You don't consider THIS here drama, do you? I see this as an intelligent conversation (minus the above comment from Cummins) between two adults with different views. I respect your views and take them under advisement...

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought the event was great! A lot of fast cars and the rules/classes seemed to be really fair. It was fun and I give props for having it run as smoothly as it did. It's not easy promoting and running an event like this. Excellent job!

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I for one would second guess racing in an event just because of the immature way in which you brought personal problems with Chris into a post that did not warrant them.

[BS flag]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Dropping it per request of the site moderators...

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
I thought the event was great! A lot of fast cars and the rules/classes seemed to be really fair. It was fun and I give props for having it run as smoothly as it did. It's not easy promoting and running an event like this. Excellent job!

Thank you for the kind words... I think most everyone shares these same feelings. I know that the Norcal staff and I left the track happy and feeling like it went well.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:

Thank you for the kind words... I think most everyone shares these same feelings. I know that the Norcal staff and I left the track happy and feeling like it went well.
Agreed [worship]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not me!

I left the track burnt to a crisp and slightly nauseous... [Razz]

Ohh, and that I couldnt race made me even more mad. Damn you Norcal! Hahaha

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Not me!

I left the track burnt to a crisp and slightly nauseous... [Razz]

Ohh, and that I couldnt race made me even more mad. Damn you Norcal! Hahaha

didnt see you there......probably because we were in the nosebleed section of the bleachers.....melting the fat......

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com