Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Alright, let's get this going early! Roll call for Sears Point March 1st (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Alright, let's get this going early! Roll call for Sears Point March 1st
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sadly changed my name to make it more accurate.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:

Jersey, run the ET Streets again on Wednesday and I'll make a 12 second pass for you!

Craig

[Big Grin]
i'll have the et streets on wednesday.. if i can't get it done on either of my first two runs i'll let you teach me [Big Grin]

--------------------
=(

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

Jersey, run the ET Streets again on Wednesday and I'll make a 12 second pass for you!

Craig

[Big Grin]
i'll have the et streets on wednesday.. if i can't get it done on either of my first two runs i'll let you teach me [Big Grin]

Craig's engine is broken so now he wants to move onto breaking someone elses!! BEWARE!
Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Ron, with the amount of miles you drive your car, you should just mount the ET Street Drag Radials on your 17's. You don't need to get an extra set of rims because they will never get used.

Craig, If I had 17"x9" rims... I would put them on my stock rims. I just don't think 275's on 8" rims would fly.

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

1EVLSNKE
¯
Member # 4789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1EVLSNKE  Ford pictures for 1EVLSNKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im going to sac march 1. anyone else going to make it out there????

--------------------
LS WHAT
ORGANIZATION
VICTORIES:
GM INC,1 Sic formula(FRDEATR)

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that the 275's would work. Dave was running the 255 16's on his 7" rims. They ballooned out a lot and still hooked really well. However, I am sure that it would not handle around corners that great.

Are the Cobra wheels 9"?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
I think that the 275's would work. Dave was running the 255 16's on his 7" rims. They ballooned out a lot and still hooked really well. However, I am sure that it would not handle around corners that great.

Are the Cobra wheels 9"?

Yes, the Cobra rims are 9". The 275's fit really nice on Vince's rims. MT also suggests a width of 9" for those tires.

It doesn't really need to handle good, I only drive it in a straight line.

--------------------

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so is everyone still going? the weather's looking good today. My gears arent done but I still wanna go if theres a good turnout, if I have to I'll run my nissan bucket

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

THE DRAGS ARE CANCELED!!

I just called and they have canceled today's races, but they are scheduled to run next week. I will probably not make it since my roof is being done next week and it is getting close to my wife's due date. I will be out on my bike toward the end of April.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

quote:
THE DRAGS ARE CANCELED!!

I just called and they have canceled today's races, but they are scheduled to run next week. I will probably not make it since my roof is being done next week and it is getting close to my wife's due date. I will be out on my bike toward the end of April.

Craig

I can't believe you are concerning yourself with the "roof over your head" before getting a new motor put in the stang! Shame on you.

I don't think you are worthy of this forum. I think you would be better off posting messages on the Home&Garden Network forum [Big Grin]

Just have them fix the part of the roof that covers the Stang. [patriot]

Any names picked out for your son yet? Maybe Stang or Shelby? GT? Pony? LX? Ford? Just go with FORD, that will cover all of them.

Ford Pony Love... It's got a good ring to it.

-Ron

[ March 02, 2006, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Well, it's 8:00pm and still no rain! We could have been running right now... we got screwed out of another drag night [Frown]

I hope it's clear next week. Everyone keep their fingers crossed.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeap.. i was on that area and stopped by and they were closed. [Frown]
no problem, i just called my travel agent and postponed my trip for next thursday(it was originally set for next monday) so i can get one more track day. i can't leave the U.S. without a 12 sec slip. [Big Grin]

[ March 02, 2006, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

oh yeah.. no more nitrous for me. today i had my car on the dyno with nitrous and the clutch showed major slippage.. [Frown]

[ March 01, 2006, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
yeap.. i was on that area and stopped by and they were closed. [Frown]
no problem, i just called my travel agent and postponed my trip for next thursday(it was originally set for next monday) so i can get one more track day. i can't leave the us without a 12 sec slip. [Big Grin]

Now that's showing commitment... Postponing a trip so you can go drag racing. Good choice! [worship]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Jersey, if you don't get a 12 sec. slip next week you're more than welcome to borrow one of mine. [Big Grin] Just kidding.

I know how frustrating it is to be chasing the 12's. I closed out the very last day of the 2004 season with a 13.00. I was so mad because I got so close and then I had to wait until 2005 to try again. A bug hitting my windsheild was probably the cause for not making it into the 12's on that run.

Good luck next week. By the way, your clutch is probably slipping with out the nitrous, it's just not as noticeable. You may want to look into it before next week.

-Ron

[ March 02, 2006, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ron, what were you smoking when you thought that Pony Love would be a good name!

As far as spending money on the roof, that is just part of it. 9k for the roof, 5k for my son's birth since our insurance went to crap this year, and 1k my cost for the dental work I need done. This does not include the 4k that I spent on the furniture for my bedroom and for my daughter's bedroom. This was necessary to keep the wife happy so she would let me spend money on the motor. The only problem is that I ran out of money! I can't believe I have to spend all of this money on these things instead of spending it on the Mustang where it should be spent! See what happens when you are married with children.

Jersey, I have some bad news for you. First, I know that it is too early for them to be accurate, but weather.com is showing a 40% chance of rain next Wednesday. Second, if your clutch slipped on the dyno then it is in bad shape. The dyno does not put as much load on the car as 4th gear on the road, and that is a low RPM punch off on the dyno. If it started slipping when the power came on from the Nitrous, it is going to slip bad on a hard launch at the track with sticky tires or when you are banging gears. Are you sure it was slipping? Was it that big guy driving your car on the dyno? If so, he was probably resting his foot on your clutch pedal or didn't have the car strapped down tight enough. If it was bad enough to slip on the dyno you should have felt it long ago on the street and track, unless your rear-main just went out and started leaking oil on it. Do you have enough play in the pedal?

Good luck with the clutch.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Hey Craig, i couldn't postponed my trip so i'll be leaving on Monday.
i don't know who you are referring to. i took my car to RPM in rohnert park. the guy there is not what i would consider big. we dynoed the car 3 or 4 times with nitrous and it would show slippage. I'm sure the foot on clutch was not the case, and they checked the straps too in case that was causing the slippage. we also lowered my tire pressure to make sure the it was not the spinning of the tires that caused the funky graphs.
I was really impressed with the good customer service as they started checking for the reason of my misfortune.

The slippage does not come when you first press the nitrous.. it's fine for a bit and then loses a lot of power and spikes back. only does it with nx.
my rear main seal is not the issue.( guys at rpm also told me to check that) i already checked and nada. i don't drive the car at all at home, so i just get on the freeway from my house to the track and it's the same on the way back straight to my garage.
i drove the car a couple of times and i don't know what to really look for.. it feels like it's slipping now.. but I'm sure it's just in my mind.

i'll keep on driving the car until the clutch is totally gone. and will replace it one more time, if anything else goes wrong with this car i will sell it and get another car. not a ford though. i'm sick of the fox body bs.

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it and buy a supra! Oh, and if your clutch is infact slipping then no racing for you. One hard launch will kill a slipping clutch. Yah I realize it only shows up on nitrous but go ahead and try a few street pulls through 4th gear without nos and see what happens. I can easily get 3 more psi on the street than I can on a dyno the loads are very different. On a dynojet all you have to do is overcome the inertia of the roller and its free wheeling after that. Mustang and dynapacks have loading so they can mirror the street better. The new eddy current dynojet also has it but not many shops have that dyno yet. All you can do is baby it and try to prolong the little life it has left. But what fun is that. If someone told me I'd have to baby my car I'd set it up on the lift and fix the sucker. Babying a performace car is no fun. Performance being a relative term...

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Sell it and buy a supra! Oh, and if your clutch is infact slipping then no racing for you. One hard launch will kill a slipping clutch. Yah I realize it only shows up on nitrous but go ahead and try a few street pulls through 4th gear without nos and see what happens. I can easily get 3 more psi on the street than I can on a dyno the loads are very different. On a dynojet all you have to do is overcome the inertia of the roller and its free wheeling after that. Mustang and dynapacks have loading so they can mirror the street better. The new eddy current dynojet also has it but not many shops have that dyno yet. All you can do is baby it and try to prolong the little life it has left. But what fun is that. If someone told me I'd have to baby my car I'd set it up on the lift and fix the sucker. Babying a performace car is no fun. Performance being a relative term...

i don't want a supra. i want a vette [Big Grin] [Wink]
yeah, i'll change my clutch, but it'll take a while to get the money for what the set up i want.

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

What Fox body BS. I think that you just keep buying the wrong Fox Bodies!

Anyway, just get to about 3.5-4k in 2nd gear, push in the clutch and rev it near redline, floor it and drop the clutch at the same time. If it spins the tires right away then it didn't slip, unless you have really crappy tires on the car that don't hook up at all. If it slips you will know it. You can do this in 3rd too if your tires spin easily, but it is pretty hard on it because the tires will not spin. The RPM should just immediately drop back down to whatever you were at before you pushed the clutch in. You will hear it if the clutch slips. The RPM will hang up and take a while to come back down.

It sounds like RPM is doing much better now. I'll talk to Don and get something set up over there for my car when I get the motor done.

Good luck,
Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Anyway, just get to about 3.5-4k in 2nd gear, push in the clutch and rev it near redline, floor it and drop the clutch at the same time. If it spins the tires right away then it didn't slip, unless you have really crappy tires on the car that don't hook up at all. If it slips you will know it. You can do this in 3rd too if your tires spin easily, but it is pretty hard on it because the tires will not spin. The RPM should just immediately drop back down to whatever you were at before you pushed the clutch in. You will hear it if the clutch slips. The RPM will hang up and take a while to come back down.

It sounds like RPM is doing much better now. I'll talk to Don and get something set up over there for my car when I get the motor done.

Good luck,
Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Good luck,
Craig

Don't think i keep on buying the wrong foxes at all. there was nothing wrong with the vert. i traded it because it was a vert and just didn't feel safe driving that car anymore in case i'd flip or something because of the added power and it was too heavy for the track.
Nothing wrong with this car either. I'm just tired of having to always be working on this car.
in addition to that... seems that everyone that owns a fox body is always fixing something or in the process of fixing something about their car. the whole elusive idea of a perfectly working fox body seems to be unattainable.
Fox bodies in general always seem to need work on one area or another. what i mean is as soon as you fix something there is always something else that might need attention. i guess it's expected. after all, they are over a decade old.
I guess i'm just mad. i miss the cobra. nothing ever was wrong with that car, just lack of traction [Big Grin] and you can't really complain about that. [Big Grin]

[ March 03, 2006, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Well, I have raced the hell out of my car for 10 years and had a season pass every year. I only had to get towed home once. Vince has been towed 3 or 4 times with his Cobra in the last 3 years. It all depends on how fast you want to go. I had 0 problems until I put the blower on. Then I blew head gaskets until I got my tune right. I raced it for five years before that happened. After that, everything was great for another 3 years until I stripped my spider gears in the rearend on a hard launch. I think that if I would have replaced the clutch pack in the rearend sooner that would not have happened. Fifty bucks later for a clutch pack and Vince's donor carrier to get the spiders out of and I was back out there. My issue now is just too many passes with boost on a stock shortblock. The rings are just completely worn out. The car will still run 11.80, but it is spitting oil out of the breathers and I think that the the rear main is also failing because of the extreme crank case pressure and is getting oil on my clutch.

Anyway, you can get a new body style really cheap now. The good thing about them is that they have 4whl disc brakes and 17" wheels. Just stay away from the anemic 4.6L's from 96-98.

If you buy a Vette we will not talk to you anymore!!

Have a good trip,
Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i see what you are saying. seems you got your car brand new. i totally understand why it's still in mint condition [patriot] . you are missing the point though, but it's ok. i'm droping the issue.
glad to hear your car has never given you other issues.
i have 4 wheels discs now so that's not valid enough reason for me to get a 4.6s [Big Grin] i like 5.0s i'm just not looking forward to changing my clutch yet again. i can get it done in less than 1.5 hours with a friend, but that's not the point.

--------------------
=(

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jersey i will still talked to u if u get a c6 z06 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com