Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sacramento raceway 2/4. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sacramento raceway 2/4.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I'm kinda pissed I drove all the way out there for nothing. Oh well.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we went Sunday, got there at 8:00am, and ran all day.

sorry for you folks that made the trek out saturday.

Dont be too mad at Sacramento raceway though...Infineon is famous for doing this, only they let you pay, get a tech card, THEN cancel and issue rain checks.

that's $50 gas, 150 miles on your drag radials, $50 tech card, AND no racing!

Infineon has improved their communication though...last weekend is a prime example if this.

BTW, For what it's worth...sac's track was lousy Sunday...the rubber between the burn-out box and the starting line almost required a 4X4 with a lift kit, to drive over, and the starting line suffered all day inconsitencies.

Good luck on the 18th gang.

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blackicelsc:
we went Sunday, got there at 8:00am, and ran all day.

sorry for you folks that made the trek out saturday.

Dont be too mad at Sacramento raceway though...Infineon is famous for doing this, only they let you pay, get a tech card, THEN cancel and issue rain checks.

that's $50 gas, 150 miles on your drag radials, $50 tech card, AND no racing!

Infineon has improved their communication though...last weekend is a prime example if this.

BTW, For what it's worth...sac's track was lousy Sunday...the rubber between the burn-out box and the starting line almost required a 4X4 with a lift kit, to drive over, and the starting line suffered all day inconsitencies.

Good luck on the 18th gang.

Sorry to hear the prep was'nt good for You guy's. Hopefully they will have it ready to go on the 18th! What kind of times were You puttin down Blackicelsc?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Why the hell do you lie so much? You did not go to Sac Raceway! Your whole image on here is [BS flag]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:

Why the hell do you lie so much? You did not go to Sac Raceway! Your whole image on here is [BS flag]
He said His car will be ready mid February so I am assuming He will be ready to back up His talk on the 18th. [Big Grin] Then again I have heard alot of people say they will be at the track and then something ALWAY'S comes up. [Wink]

--------------------

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was there Sunday. The track did have a lot of peeling rubber in the burnout area. I donot know if the rain the day before had anything to do with it. I was on a bike and did not have any traction problems. The weather was great.
Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
track is cancelled [Frown] [Mad]

We found out the hard way! Called this morning at 9:30 and the recording said they would be running, and got there at 12 and it was a ghost town and called back and it said they would be closed then. [Confused] So much for calling an hour before the gates open to see if they are going to run I guess, cause We called at 9:30 when the gates were suppost to be open and the recording said it was a go. [Mad] 50 buck's in gas and 150 miles on My E/T Street's later is bull shit! No way to retaliate I guess so live and learn. [Frown]
That sucks, you guys should have ran anyways. You and Tony could have squared off. [Wink] There was some racing on Saturday, you guys missed it. You could of had your turn at beating up on a Procharger GTO. [burnout]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"what kind of times were you putting down, Blackicelsc"-quoted by smokinLX

I wasnt running my Lincoln...we had our 12 second Dart out there, and our '70 Injected Camaro on alky

Dart--12.75 @ 106.5
Camaro--9.47@141.8

I dont know if they opened late saturday to let folks in or what, but we got to the gates at 8:03am Sunday, and when we got in, there were already about 10-15 trailers/racer's pits set up as if they had been there for hours...

I wont be there on the 18th...we have a points race at Infineon on 2/20

also, I was FINALLY able to convince sac raceway to let "sportsman" racers run SLICKS in their ET series races!!!!! woo-hoo! Hope that helps some of you!

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
blackice, what kind of 60's are you pulling with those times?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
track is cancelled [Frown] [Mad]

We found out the hard way! Called this morning at 9:30 and the recording said they would be running, and got there at 12 and it was a ghost town and called back and it said they would be closed then. [Confused] So much for calling an hour before the gates open to see if they are going to run I guess, cause We called at 9:30 when the gates were suppost to be open and the recording said it was a go. [Mad] 50 buck's in gas and 150 miles on My E/T Street's later is bull shit! No way to retaliate I guess so live and learn. [Frown]
That sucks, you guys should have ran anyways. You and Tony could have squared off. [Wink] There was some racing on Saturday, you guys missed it. You could of had your turn at beating up on a Procharger GTO. [burnout]
Was there street racing or racing at a track? Procharged GTO sound's like a worthy opponent. Tony and I should be a good race as We have posted similar #'s. [burnout]

--------------------

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a small SR out in the boonies. He got beat by a NA 05 GT. Funny thing is I thought they were faster than that. I mean they are 400hp stock and then with a Procharger? [burnout]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cancelled?

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com