Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sacramento raceway 2/4. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sacramento raceway 2/4.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am planning on going & was wondering who else might make it? Gates open around 9:30-10:00 and racing is from 12-4. [burnout]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
I am planning on going & was wondering who else might make it? Gates open around 9:30-10:00 and racing is from 12-4. [burnout]

I'm going. This guy I know has a slow notch and I will probably ride with him if his car makes it. [dance]
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyBurnout:
quote:

I'm going. This guy I know has a slow notch and I will probably ride with him if his car makes it. [dance]
I'm going too if the Expedition is done and it doesn't rain...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What time are they suppost to let You know about the SUV?

--------------------

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know? Between the weather and Future Ford, you guys may just be bench racing tomorrow. [Razz]

Good Luck if you guys make it. [patriot]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the Expedition is done and will be home in an hour. So now we just need the clouds to stay away just long enough.

I got do some catching up to another certain vert already and he hasn't even ran it with the new combo yet... [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

I'll call you tomorrow Mark [patriot]

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
I don't know? Between the weather and Future Ford, you guys may just be bench racing tomorrow. [Razz]

Good Luck if you guys make it. [patriot]

Yeah I will be ready just in case! 2 week's ago it looked terrible here in the bay area but it was great wheather in Sac.! If anyone in Sac. remember's give us an update in the morning on wheather condition's please. [patriot]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forget it guys, looks like rain in the morning which will can the event once again! [Frown]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys can allways call the hotline before you leave! 916-363-2653

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would go, but i'm afraid to get booted for good if i show up with no cage. [Frown]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
I would go, but i'm afraid to get booted for good if i show up with no cage. [Frown]

That suck's! Look's like You are going to have to put a bar in that beast. [Wink]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

hint hint hint stab the brakes at the 1000 like some other people are doing.

[ February 04, 2006, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Hitting the brakes or sandbagging isn't any fun though...

I had to do that sometimes before I got my cage and it sucked.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are right its not that much fun. I just go by what the 1/8's say. But it does suck for sure. If the man would not pull me over everytime I have a cage in my car I would run one and be done with it. But the man has a way of pulling me over and keeping me down. His hands are big, my head is small. I cannot resist his force he is too powerful and I'm still scared.

[ February 03, 2006, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
track is cancelled [Frown] [Mad]

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
track is cancelled [Frown] [Mad]

We found out the hard way! Called this morning at 9:30 and the recording said they would be running, and got there at 12 and it was a ghost town and called back and it said they would be closed then. [Confused] So much for calling an hour before the gates open to see if they are going to run I guess, cause We called at 9:30 when the gates were suppost to be open and the recording said it was a go. [Mad] 50 buck's in gas and 150 miles on My E/T Street's later is bull shit! No way to retaliate I guess so live and learn. [Frown]

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

whats does the set-up consist of? Besides Heads cam Intake with a s-trim? Any details. I always like to hear about S-trims going fast! [patriot]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
track is cancelled [Mad]

We found out the hard way! Called this morning at 9:30 and the recording said they would be running, and got there at 12 and it was a ghost town and called back and it said they would be closed then. [Confused] So much for calling an hour before the gates open to see if they are going to run I guess, cause We called at 9:30 when the gates were suppost to be open and the recording said it was a go. [Mad] 50 buck's in gas and 150 miles on My E/T Street's later is bull shit! No way to retaliate I guess so live and learn. [Frown]
[BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]

Fuckin Bullshit!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Sucked big time... I think I called twice this morning...once at about 830am and again at around 930am and the there wasn't any cancelled message then. Oh well...I'm gonna head back there on the 18th.

--------------------

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont even think it rained either

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:

whats does the set-up consist of? Besides Heads cam Intake with a s-trim? Any details. I always like to hear about S-trims going fast! [patriot]
Thats basically it, nothing special or over the top. Still running the T-5, with stock rear end and 3.73's. SmokinLX and I basically have the same everything except i'm a 5 speed and he's Auto. I wanted to know what you were gonna run today with your new valve springs. Why the hell was it closed today?? Its been sunny all day, hardly any clouds. That sucks though, i woulda been SUPER pissed if i would've drove all the way out here.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats basically it, nothing special or over the top. Still running the T-5, with stock rear end and 3.73's. SmokinLX and I basically have the same everything except i'm a 5 speed and he's Auto. I wanted to know what you were gonna run today with your new valve springs. Why the hell was it closed today?? Its been sunny all day, hardly any clouds. That sucks though, i woulda been SUPER pissed if i would've drove all the way out here.
Yeah it was'nt a great day to say the least! Damn if I owned a buisness and was going to be closed and i had a system worked out where My customer's called in the morning to see if I was going to be doing buisness that day I would definatley make sure I took care of My end of the bargain! I will let You know when I am planning on going to Sac again.

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Feb 18th...

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Feb 18th...

I will see what I can do.
[burnout]

--------------------

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah it was'nt a great day to say the least! Damn if I owned a buisness and was going to be closed and i had a system worked out where My customer's called in the morning to see if I was going to be doing buisness that day I would definatley make sure I took care of My end of the bargain! I will let You know when I am planning on going to Sac again.
The funny thing is the weather was great. I guess Sac Raceway just wanted to piss away a few G's? [Confused] Oh well, it's not like any fast cars wanted to run anyway. [Razz]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com