Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sears point 10/26 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sears point 10/26
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are strict and traction is good with slicks.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is your vert beyond the 13.49 mark and if so what safety stuff do you have? Just trying to see if I'd get by with my cage, helmet and jacket.

I don't have slicks so I still have the short studs with closed lugs...that's the thing I'm worried about.

Sac doesn't mind it but I don't know about Infineon. What do you think?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure, I'm on street tires so I'll be in the higher end of the 13's.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

Thanks for the info...

I've got to try and drag myself out there one of these days.

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

Thanks for the info...

When you decide to .....let me know i'll switch my day off for a Wed [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

Thanks for the info...

When you decide to .....let me know i'll switch my day off for a Wed [Big Grin]
Sounds good Patrick...I'll definately let you know.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we've got two wednesdays left.
[patriot]

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

That's it...shit.

At least Sac is all year, weather permitting.

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jersey. I knew you were going to ask that. My fastest was only 101mph. I may try to get the blower hooked back up for next week. I don't think that I will be able to make the last race and I wanted to run it blown one more time. It still has tons of blow-by even without the supercharger, so I might as well run it!

I am still leaning toward a Keith Craft 331 with the forged crank and use a B-50 block. I can't afford Dart but want a little extra insurance. I will run 7-8psi of boost and hope for 11.50 with traction at around 120mph. It will probably be quicker though because my best run at Sears Point with my 3.6" pulley that gave me 8psi of boost was an 11.80 @ 115mph. A new motor with a better cam and 30 more cubes should drop me more than 3 tenths. The boost might be a little lower since it will have to fill an extra 30 cubes.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com