Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sears point 10/26 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sears point 10/26
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who's going?
finally got the bugs sorted out and im going to be taking my notch up there.
it will be the first time i race there.

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone?
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im out there every week i'll see ya out there [burnout]

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so far %90 that me and jersey will be there, got my intake that i broke last time i wne to the track, jersey and i are going to fixed his leak before we go.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there! Hopefully my car will pass tech this time. This will be my first time out with the new combo (306 with AFR 165 on e.t. streets). [Big Grin] . White LX with a hole in the hood for clearance."Sucks", but I'm too broke to buy a cowl hood right now.

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50deep:
I'll be there! Hopefully my car will pass tech this time. This will be my first time out with the new combo (306 with AFR 165 on e.t. streets). [Big Grin] . White LX with a hole in the hood for clearance."Sucks", but I'm too broke to buy a cowl hood right now.

Nice.. can't wait to see your car run. you've got the combo i want next [patriot]
It looks like it's going to rain.. what's the story?

--------------------
=(

Midnight5.0
¯
Member # 597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnight5.0  Ford pictures for Midnight5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What time do they start tonight? I haven't been in a while and will most likely go...
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think they open 3pm.
seems like there might be rain up in sonoma. their recording says to call after noon to see if they'll be open or not.
i'll post an update before 1pm. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

ok.. it's still raining ang carlos can't get his car running right and we have not even started looking for the origen of my leak. i guess we'll be there next wednesday instead. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

im going to wait till next wed, becuase it looks like shit outside,i have to do a bunch of stuff at hime and hopefully it will be nicer next week
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i fixed the leak just now.. it was the hose that comes from the lower intake to the throtle body.
weather sucks though.. and we still haven't look at carlos's car.. guess we'll curise next week.
Let me know if you want to cruise together next wednesday..

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
i fixed the leak just now.. it was the hose that comes from the lower intake to the throtle body.
weather sucks though.. and we still haven't look at carlos's car.. guess we'll curise next week.
Let me know if you want to cruise together next wednesday..

ill be down for next week,
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

ok.. called infineon raceway and they said that they'll be open and the weather is looking nice on that side of town.. might just make it if we can fix carlos's car.. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
ok.. called infineon raceway and they said that they'll be open and the weather is looking nice on that side of town.. might just make it if we can fix carlos's car.. [patriot]

whats wrong with the car?
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

his car backfired when he was using nitrous a few weeks ago..
the freeze plug blew up. so he got a new lower intake. we replaced it. changed the spark plugs (a couple were missing the tip thingy [Eek!] ) and now the car runs but it sounds like it has a big cam. all the vacum lines are connected adn we can't figure this thing out.. [Frown]

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the freeze plug blew up. so he got a new lower intake. we replaced it. changed the spark plugs (a couple were missing the tip thingy [Eek!] ) and now the car runs but it sounds like it has a big cam. all the vacum lines are connected adn we can't figure this thing out.. [Frown]

How's the MAF??? That's what went after my backfire...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:

might be a vacumm leak from the intake itself.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

the sencors on the maf looks ok but we are not sure if it went bad.

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

the sencors on the maf looks ok but we are not sure if it went bad.
Mine looked ok too as the element wasn't broken or anything. Mine was throwing a code for low voltage...are you getting a code for yours?

Once I put a new on there, the code was gone and the car was back to normal. [burnout]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

thanks.. this is losbadgtmy friend's screen name..
we'll replace it with a stock one. do u know of anyone selling any right now? used is preferable...
thanks.

[ October 27, 2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should have gone last night. There was hardly anyone there. I didn't get there until 4:30 and I still got my tires changed and had 2 time trials. Others got 4. We would have gotten another one but someone oiled the track pretty bad so they changed their minds. I got runner-up. I was in the last race of the night and we finished by 8:00. I was running 13.4 without the blower and a tired motor. This shows how worn out the motor is becuase I was running the same time and speed as I used to do with the stock heads, intake, throttle-body, mass air, talpipes, and injectors.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
You guys should have gone last night. There was hardly anyone there. I didn't get there until 4:30 and I still got my tires changed and had 2 time trials. Others got 4. We would have gotten another one but someone oiled the track pretty bad so they changed their minds. I got runner-up. I was in the last race of the night and we finished by 8:00. I was running 13.4 without the blower and a tired motor. This shows how worn out the motor is becuase I was running the same time and speed as I used to do with the stock heads, intake, throttle-body, mass air, talpipes, and injectors.

Craig

ill be there next week for sure. [patriot]
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:

Craig

Man.. i really wanted to go. we'll be there next wednesday for sure. Craig, what was your mph?
have you decided what block you are going with next? how did vince do?

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Craig, I just picked up some aluminum Edelbrocks for my convertable. I'm having them and a TFS intake installed Monday/Tuesday so I'll hope to be out there Wendesday as well!

Hope all is well,

Don

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

How's the traction there on Wednesday nights?

Are they strict on the NHRA rules?

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com