Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal Shootout 2005!!! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Norcal Shootout 2005!!!
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Perry:
Just curious as to what times will it take to win the stock class??

What was the best ET last year in this class?

later friends,

Perry

No clue what it will take to win... As I proved in the shootout (2 years ago) against TheBrain, the fastest car doesn't always win...

The rules for last year were different anyways. Same club put the event on, but different people, different rules, etc.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dame94:
quote:
Originally posted by Lonewolf:
So in the stock motor class... Ford 03/04 cobra cat back add on only.. Does that mean no K&N drop in?

YES SIR thats EXACTLY what it means

Dame

Nor-Cal LS1/LT1 President

This is something that we will need to discuss. A K&N drop in filter shouldn't gain much power... does it help that much on the '03/'04 Cobra's? No CAI (cold air intakes) allowed in that class for sure.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Just as a suggestion a street class would be cool with the rules consisting of current registration,drag radials,pump gas,no stripped cars "full weight", and must be driven to the track "not trailered". Much thanks to those who set this event up, sounds like alot of work!! Hopefully My car will be out of the tranny shop early enough to get My methanol kit installed and tuned. Either way i will be there, should be a great night. [burnout]

This is a good idea, but with 14 days left before the event, it just ain't gonna happen.

Maybe next year we can do something... but how do we determine if folks are running pump gas?

As it sits, some folks are complaining about too many classes... some are complaining there are not enough.

This year we will see what kind of turnout we get and if we need to add classes or take some away... Depending on turnout and amount of cars per class.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
quote:
Just as a suggestion a street class would be cool with the rules consisting of current registration,drag radials,pump gas,no stripped cars "full weight", and must be driven to the track "not trailered". Much thanks to those who set this event up, sounds like alot of work!! Hopefully My car will be out of the tranny shop early enough to get My methanol kit installed and tuned. Either way i will be there, should be a great night. [burnout]

This is a good idea, but with 14 days left before the event, it just ain't gonna happen.

Maybe next year we can do something... but how do we determine if folks are running pump gas?

As it sits, some folks are complaining about too many classes... some are complaining there are not enough.

This year we will see what kind of turnout we get and if we need to add classes or take some away... Depending on turnout and amount of cars per class.

Thanks. It is going to be a great evening! I agree it would be a hard thing to regulate, if it were at infenion we could just make everybody show up with a 1/4 tank or less and have everyone put in 5 gallons of the old 91. I guess you could make everybody stop at the gas station up the road from sac. raceway and put exactly 5 gallons of gas in on the way to the track and Bring a reciept to the track, at least the cheaters would have to get creative to cheat. Oh and I am definatley NOT complaining about anything Im sure I'll line up with some street cars and some track only cars but I don't care, it will be nice to line up against some fast domestics without the ricers. [Wink]

[ August 26, 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

gt2lx5.0
¯
Member # 5244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt2lx5.0  Ford pictures for gt2lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does one sign up for this event? I want to see what my Pony does again dem Chevy boys?

--------------------
If you have a trash can on your exhaust or have to have 6 people inside your car to race......you are not worthy to race my lead foot.....

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt2lx5.0:
How does one sign up for this event? I want to see what my Pony does again dem Chevy boys?

As far as I know no need to sign up, just show up with 50 bucks "unless you want to run the unlimited jackpot or whatever" which is an additional $20. Have the usual safety equipment you will need to cover how fast your car runs and show up around 6. Im goin to be a little early myself. [patriot]

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gt2lx5.0:

As far as I know no need to sign up, just show up with 50 bucks "unless you want to run the unlimited jackpot or whatever" which is an additional $20. Have the usual safety equipment you will need to cover how fast your car runs and show up around 6. Im goin to be a little early myself. [patriot]
Actually that would be $55 for car and driver. No need to sign up in advance, just show up at the gate and pay to get in. We won't be allowed to admit anyone until 6:00pm as there is a race previous to ours.

Each additional class will be $20. So you could race in Bracket I, Stock Motor and Jackpot and that would cost you... $95.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

So am I reading this rite strokers are allowed in the stock block catagory. Is there as stock cubic inch class for us stock cubic inch guy's, Im going to have a hard time matching up to someone who has nearly 100 cubic inces on Me. [Eek!] I definatley don't want to sound like I'm complaining but just want to know who I'll be running against? Thanks......

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are these classes running on a .4 or .5 tree?

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Are these classes running on a .4 or .5 tree?

Good question, thanks. OUTLAW will be .400 pro tree, all other classes will be .500 (wimp tree.)

I've gotta get some practice in on a .400 pro tree myself. When they have given me the pro tree on a TNT or Grudge night I usually get good reaction times for not expecting it...

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
So am I reading this rite strokers are allowed in the stock block catagory. Is there as stock cubic inch class for us stock cubic inch guy's, Im going to have a hard time matching up to someone who has nearly 100 cubic inces on Me. [Eek!] I definatley don't want to sound like I'm complaining but just want to know who I'll be running against? Thanks......

Re-read the rules... There is a class or two for "stock" CI motors, and the Ford's are allowed much more leway then the Chevy's in those classes.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
quote:

Re-read the rules... There is a class or two for "stock" CI motors, and the Ford's are allowed much more leway then the Chevy's in those classes.
I will re-read the rules again and sorry for being a dumbass. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Slart
¯
Member # 5980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slart  Ford pictures for Slart    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi,

I'd like to compete, I qualify for the stock motor + power adder class (vortech) except I have a griggs suspension, so the torque arm and road race spring rate coilovers disqualify me.

My car is a daily driver, I would be driving it there and racing on the same radial street tires I drive it to work with. It has full interior, I'll be running 91 octane gas, I wont need to open the hood for any mechanical adjustments or anything of that type.

The point I'm making is this is a street car by anybody's definition.

Any chance you can overlook the torque arm & coilovers and let me compete?

Steve

Posts: 15 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure they would overlook that... If anything they'll bump you into a different class. But I'm really sure you're fine with what you have.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

If a car doesn't fit into the class, then they get bumped up to the next class. For each "violation" you will move up to the next faster class...

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about ZO6 vetts. Please tell me they can have no mods what so ever if they are in the stock class.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

How many Z06/Vette guys can actually drive their cars? They are not any faster then a well driven Cobra which fits into the "stock class" as well.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So does that mean they(Z06's) have the same resrictions as a 03 Cobra. Filter Only.....

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Nope, I guess not. But it is rare for a "stock" Z06 to run mid 12's or better. I went 12.5 totally stock in mine, but I can drive. Most Z06 drivers are 14.0 or so.

Even with mods, they don't go much faster with shitty drivers.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Slart
¯
Member # 5980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slart  Ford pictures for Slart    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
>Just as a suggestion a street class would be cool with the rules consisting of current registration,drag radials,pump gas,no stripped cars "full weight", and must be driven to the track "not trailered".

I agree with this.

A class designed for pure street cars would make it more fun for those of us who want to bring our street toys out without having to optimize them for dragstrip use.

For example, I dont run a drag suspension for safety reasons (with a drag suspension would be unsafe to get on it on the street). I also dont have the car tuned for race gas or anything of that nature.

The only concession I'm making is I'm going to be mounting some 26x10 slicks, but even so I dont expect to be competative. Just hoping not to embarass myself with a 13.2@145 run. [Wink]

However, among other street folks also running in street trim (pump gas, no overheating, no slicks).

I know it's too late for such a class this year, but perhaps we could consider it for next year?

Steve Sadler

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slart:
>Just as a suggestion a street class would be cool with the rules consisting of current registration,drag radials,pump gas,no stripped cars "full weight", and must be driven to the track "not trailered".

I agree with this.

A class designed for pure street cars would make it more fun for those of us who want to bring our street toys out without having to optimize them for dragstrip use.

For example, I dont run a drag suspension for safety reasons (with a drag suspension would be unsafe to get on it on the street). I also dont have the car tuned for race gas or anything of that nature.

The only concession I'm making is I'm going to be mounting some 26x10 slicks, but even so I dont expect to be competative. Just hoping not to embarass myself with a 13.2@145 run. [Wink]

However, among other street folks also running in street trim (pump gas, no overheating, no slicks).

I know it's too late for such a class this year, but perhaps we could consider it for next year?

Steve Sadler

Steve...what's your combo?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by Slart:

I agree with this.

Steve Sadler

I think that is a great idea for next year. If this years event is a success we will rent the track for the FULL day next year and have more classes. Motorcycle, Street Car as above, etc.

However, most of the cars in these classes are true street cars... It seems that the "race" cars are the ones whining about the rules not being fair... pretty much what we were trying to do. Make this a venue for late model EFI cars that are not neccessarily "race" cars. Of course the "race" cars are more than welcome as well.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Slart
¯
Member # 5980

> However, most of the cars in these classes are true street cars... It seems that the "race" cars are the ones whining about the rules not being fair...

If your intent is to draw to draw street cars, how about just adding these two rules to all the classes execept outlaw:

1) Cant do any type of maintenance to the car after arriving (IE: no opening hood)

2) Require radials

That would be a simulation of what you'd likely to find on the street.

Personally I'd be all for requiring inexpensive gasoline and minimum handling/braking standards too. As long as it doesnt elimiate any real street cars. Of course that's not very practical, but it would be nice.

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:

Personally I'd be all for requiring inexpensive gasoline [/QB]

Please find some of the above mentioned "inexpensive gasoline" and tell me where to find/buy some... Race gas is all of about $50-$1.50 more a gallon now then premium.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com