Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal Shootout 2005!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Norcal Shootout 2005!!!
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"As for the 4.6 and heads/cam. Consider the 4.6 the same as the 5.0. Heads/cam/intake are ok for the 4.6 as well"

I would think that you would want to limit the DOHC 4.6 cars with stock cams and heads.

It will take a heads and cams GT to keep up with a blot-on Mach.

The bolt-on Mach is just as powerful as a LS1, and you are keeping them limited to stock heads and cams.

Just a thuoght.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some one please answer my question. 99 Cobra stock block with Vortech , off road X-pipe and Cat back still falls under the stock with 1 bolt on?
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Perry
¯
Member # 1846

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perry  Ford pictures for Perry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

As for the 4.6 and heads/cam. Consider the 4.6 the same as the 5.0. Heads/cam/intake are ok for the 4.6 as well [/QB]

That is great news!!!! [dance]

I'll see ya at the track in my lil 2 valve!!! [Big Grin]

Later friends,

Perry

--------------------
2000 GT with a few mods!!

F ierce
O nery
R edneck
D river

Posts: 110 | From: Winnsboro, TX via Turlock Ca | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
Some one please answer my question. 99 Cobra stock block with Vortech , off road X-pipe and Cat back still falls under the stock with 1 bolt on?

That would be placed in the stock +1 power adder class.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have no interior so I'm getting bumped from stock w/1 power adder to stroker w/no power adder... I'm not sure if that's good or not. Wouldn't that put me up against the likes of team solo??? [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

dame94
¯
Member # 2932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dame94  Ford pictures for dame94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.norcalshootout.com/

here's the website guys [Wink]

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This really is tough trying to keep everyone happy and make it as fair as possible.

So you're saying the 5.0 guys complain that the Chevy 350 (LT1/LS1) is too powerful to compete against because "we" are bigger, but then they can't even compete against the 4.6L mod for mod?

I wasn't aware that the 4.6 with equal mods would whip on a 5.0...

I'll talk to some more Ford guys and get this part nailed down...

quote:
Originally posted by Don:
"As for the 4.6 and heads/cam. Consider the 4.6 the same as the 5.0. Heads/cam/intake are ok for the 4.6 as well"

I would think that you would want to limit the DOHC 4.6 cars with stock cams and heads.

The bolt-on Mach is just as powerful as a LS1, and you are keeping them limited to stock heads and cams.

Just a thuoght.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
This really is tough trying to keep everyone happy and make it as fair as possible.

So you're saying the 5.0 guys complain that the Chevy 350 (LT1/LS1) is too powerful to compete against because "we" are bigger, but then they can't even compete against the 4.6L mod for mod?

I wasn't aware that the 4.6 with equal mods would whip on a 5.0...

I'll talk to some more Ford guys and get this part nailed down...

quote:
Originally posted by Don:

Just a thuoght.

I wouldn't worry about it Brian.
Yes, a bolt-on 4.6 4V motor *can* go 11's at 115+MPH but that is definately NOT typical. Bob Cosby got a stock longblock/bolt-on 5.0 to run 11's.....NMRA Factory stock class runs mid 11's with stock longlocks/bolt ons, both modular & 5.0 motors.....but that doesn't mean we'll see it at Sac Raceway. Most bolt-on 4Vs will run in the 107-109mph range....which is right where most bolt-on LS1's will run. Yes, there will be those few that run a little harder then most, but I expect that on both sides.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about the safety askepct of the event

my car is leagl down to 10.00 and that is more than the car is good for

but what if a buddy of mine goes 9.99 in stock motor plus power adder, he has no cage or bar, will this dq him from winning

im guess yes but he just wanted me to check [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just saying that the 4.6 4v stuff has the good heads just like an LS1. And a 4.6 2v and a 5.0 both are limited to a bad stock head wich keeps us a little behind. If all the competion is in the 108mph area then I will be fine, but that means the LS1 and 4.6 DOHC crowd are not doing a very good job with their cars.

A guy here in Manteca had a bolt-on M6 99 LS1 that went 114mph, and most of the full bolt on Machs should do the same with a good driver. My GT on the other hand will need heads and cams to do that along with a 5.0.

Is there going to be qualifing? That way I can move to the brackets if the competion is going to be to much for me?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Perry
¯
Member # 1846

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perry  Ford pictures for Perry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about allowing fiberglass hoods in all classes??

The weight savings is minimal and alot of people (me included) have a custom hood!!

If not, I guess I can't run!! [Mad]

Later friends,

Perry

--------------------
2000 GT with a few mods!!

F ierce
O nery
R edneck
D river

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would there be any rules for the two bracket catagory's?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Perry:
How about allowing fiberglass hoods in all classes??

The weight savings is minimal and alot of people (me included) have a custom hood!!

If not, I guess I can't run!! [Mad]

Later friends,

Perry

Seeing as stock hoods on 94+ stangs are fiberglass I think they may have to overlook that rule..lol

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fiberglass hoods that are factory are allowed. Some of the WS6 hoods and SS hoods are composite/fiberglass as well.

The rules are there to keep people with major weight mods from competing in a class they would dominate. An aftermarket fiberglass hood for the sake of style or replacement will be overlooked and considered stock. But if you have a fiberglass dash, hatch, trunk, doors, etc... that won't do.

Also, if you don't fit specificially in your class, you will get bumped up one or two classes, such as motor swap cars, stripped/gutted interiors, etc.

Yes, there is qualifications from 6:00-8:00pm and then eliminations the rest of the night.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

but what if a buddy of mine goes 9.99 in stock motor plus power adder, he has no cage or bar, will this dq him from winning

We would hope that nobody will try and sandbag and run faster then they are "teched" for, but it may happen. If it does happen, they will be DQed. I do not want the track looking down on us as a club or an event promoter for people doing this, and risking then not signing a contract with us in the future.

So, if he runs faster then his tech allows on his first run he will be told to SIDOPI (slow it down or park it) and if he does it again, he will be asked to leave.

And what kind of car will run 9's with a stock motor and power adder?

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

We would hope that nobody will try and sandbag and run faster then they are "teched" for, but it may happen. If it does happen, they will be DQed. I do not want the track looking down on us as a club or an event promoter for people doing this, and risking then not signing a contract with us in the future.

So, if he runs faster then his tech allows on his first run he will be told to SIDOPI (slow it down or park it) and if he does it again, he will be asked to leave.

And what kind of car will run 9's with a stock motor and power adder?

may run 9's, but it doesnt even have a bar, sucks for him, good for my chances

think of it this way, what would an all forged stock ci LS1 run with ported heads or the like, cam, lsx intake, and a big turbo, with a built tranny with a brake, all it needs is full interior and no extreme lightening

its all an internet war, but there are a few turbo mustangs i know of that have full interior, no glass fenders, 351 or under displacement, and fit into the stock motor rules, that run in the 8's

yes its not the idea of the race but it does fall into the rules

either way i am gonna run in stock motor plus power adders, i just hope its not a mid 10 class, which it could very easily be

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just wish it wasnt bracket racing, I hate bracket, I always run for my best time so I never get good at bracket racing lol
Perry
¯
Member # 1846

Just curious as to what times will it take to win the stock class??

What was the best ET last year in this class?

later friends,

Perry

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Perry:
Just curious as to what times will it take to win the stock class??

What was the best ET last year in this class?

later friends,

Perry

Great ?

I'd be interesting in knowing what won in each class last year as well. [Cool]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Lonewolf
¯
Member # 4968

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonewolf  Ford pictures for Lonewolf    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So in the stock motor class... Ford 03/04 cobra cat back add on only.. Does that mean no K&N drop in?
dame94
¯
Member # 2932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dame94  Ford pictures for dame94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lonewolf:
So in the stock motor class... Ford 03/04 cobra cat back add on only.. Does that mean no K&N drop in?

YES SIR thats EXACTLY what it means

Dame

Nor-Cal LS1/LT1 President

[ August 24, 2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: dame94 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Our Cobra won't have the procharger back on until after this event. We will be going to support john91coupe if he has decided to go. [patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just as a suggestion a street class would be cool with the rules consisting of current registration,drag radials,pump gas,no stripped cars "full weight", and must be driven to the track "not trailered". Much thanks to those who set this event up, sounds like alot of work!! Hopefully My car will be out of the tranny shop early enough to get My methanol kit installed and tuned. Either way i will be there, should be a great night. [burnout]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Right now doesnt look like I can get Saturday off from work, for some reason I thought this was on a Sunday, so for now I am out unless I can pull something off. [Mad]
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
I just wish it wasnt bracket racing, I hate bracket, I always run for my best time so I never get good at bracket racing lol

There are 8 classes and only 3 are bracket racing. Everything else is heads up...

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com