Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » FINALLY out of the 12s!!! (new backfire video) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FINALLY out of the 12s!!! (new backfire video)
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5o:
Congrats Glenn...

quote:
With my car getting slower and yours getting faster, you guys will be beating me up in no time.
Beating you up??? Highly unlikely [Big Grin] I think we'll be chasing you for quite some time. [burnout]
Well currently my car is minus 1 clutch, 1 tranny, and one set of headers. So I don't think you would have much a problem leaving me at the starting line [Wink]
no clutch and tranny, so you are experimenting with some typoe of direct drive system, hmmm [Confused] [Razz]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flinstone Powered... [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Tony!! Hopefully a 10 sec pass is not too far behind [Eek!]

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Alan...

Yeah me too. How'd the seat work out for you?

--------------------

h8louzn
¯
Member # 1075

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8louzn  Ford pictures for h8louzn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey tony, nice times!
If you look at your video it looks like your a little to far up there!!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks Eddie...

Yeah I was all screwed up at the lights that day.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
quote:
Congrats Glenn...

quote:
With my car getting slower and yours getting faster, you guys will be beating me up in no time.
Beating you up??? Highly unlikely [Big Grin] I think we'll be chasing you for quite some time. [burnout]
Well currently my car is minus 1 clutch, 1 tranny, and one set of headers. So I don't think you would have much a problem leaving me at the starting line [Wink]
no clutch and tranny, so you are experimenting with some typoe of direct drive system, hmmm [Confused] [Razz]
His car at least ran at one time and will run again this year [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Congrats Glenn...

quote:
lol
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Congrats on the 11's Tony!

Also, congrats to Glenn for getting into the 11's!

With my car getting slower and yours getting faster, you guys will be beating me up in no time. [Frown] [burnout]

Thanks, but I don't think my car will catch yours, your car is just a beast man. I am set at only reaching 11.50, and I am done. No roll bars for me. maybe.... [burnout]

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Congrats Glenn...

quote:
LOL

What can I say. Its just frustrating taking the car out and beating on it when its not running up to its full potential. [Frown]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
I am set at only reaching 11.50, and I am done. No roll bars for me. maybe....

Once you hit your goal...You'll be thinking of what you can do to be faster on the way home from the track... [Big Grin]

All I wanted was an 11 second slip...and now with that teaser of that damned 11.06 false pass, I have to get a 10 somehow, some way.

--------------------

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I am set at only reaching 11.50, and I am done. No roll bars for me. maybe....

Once you hit your goal...You'll be thinking of what you can do to be faster on the way home from the track... [Big Grin]

All I wanted was an 11 second slip...and now with that teaser of that damned 11.06 false pass, I have to get a 10 somehow, some way.

What RPM are you launching at? A 1.57 60' is nice.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
What RPM are you launching at? A 1.57 60' is nice.

Thanks...

I have a 4200 stall so from idle, I think it flashes at around 3500 when I mash on it.

--------------------

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Thanks...

I have a 4200 stall so from idle, I think it flashes at around 3500 when I mash on it.

Were you squeezing out of the gate?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

AAaaahhh Yeah... [burnout]

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
AAaaahhh Yeah... [burnout]

transbrake and wire the jug up to it !!!!!

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Congrats Glenn...

quote:
Beating you up??? Highly unlikely I think we'll be chasing you for quite some time.
the mustang runs right now, it has a stock motor but it runs

the cobra runs, has been running all year

and the vega should run if the machine shop would hurry up with my stuff [Frown]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
transbrake and wire the jug up to it !!!!!
Transbrake is on the list of To Do's...

Along with subframes, battery relocate, etc. Now if I can a way to do it all without the wife finding out... [Wink]

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks guys...

There were a couple times where my timeslips had no times on them at all...no reaction, 60', 330, 880, nothing. Weird.

Where were the regular TnT crew that works the track? The slip were a mess. They were scattered all over the table.

sorry about that, im not working wednesday or friday nights anymore, i just can't take working 8-10 hours a day then another 5 out at the track. right now on tnt's it's dave jr doing the track prep/pulling the lanes/tech/ usually starting, and one of the emt's doing the clocks. since dave and germane split up it's been a mess on friday nights since her dad used to do the timeslips. i hate to leave it like that but i physically can't work that much.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
since dave and germane split up it's been a mess on friday nights since her dad used to do the timeslips. i hate to leave it like that but i physically can't work that much.

I hear ya...

Who's the older tech inspection guy with the long blond hair??? He's a bit tougher to get by.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
quote:
since dave and germane split up it's been a mess on friday nights since her dad used to do the timeslips. i hate to leave it like that but i physically can't work that much.

I hear ya...

Who's the older tech inspection guy with the long blond hair??? He's a bit tougher to get by.

I saw him the first time a couple weeks ago. He definitely is 'tougher' but he is accurate and knows his stuff. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have known my seat belts are up next month.

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey, i told you that you needed belts! [Razz]

but the guy with long blond hair, his name is rick, he's actually really cool

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Yeah he's a cool guy... we talked a bit yesterday cause he remembered me from the time I got booted a couple months back.

quote:
He definitely is 'tougher' but he is accurate and knows his stuff. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have known my seat belts are up next month.

He's very thorough... My helmet isn't snell approved but he said I could still run yesterday, luckily for me. [Cool]

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tony & Glenn congrats on the new #'s and joining the 11 sec club [patriot]

Looks like we have a good group of strong running Stangs in the 11's here..... [dance]

Sorry to hear about the backfire taking out some of your mods [Mad] been there!

Next grudge night should be fun.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks Patrick...

You shoulda seen the filter. It looked like a mushroom.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com