Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So any results from grudge night??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: So any results from grudge night???
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [Eek!] ..rik wtf happenedl..nice runs though...it will get better..sux tha it happened thhough.. [patriot] to bad i couldnt be there.

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like one hell of a night [Frown]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just you wait, you're next. [Big Grin] When's the trip to the track? No trailer excuses, I've got one. [Razz]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who was the one in the black primer coupe last night with tinted windows,dose anyone know,that car was fast [burnout] .also the blue gt with white stripes,wow [Eek!]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks what happened to your car, glad to hear members came thru for you.

I've been towed home before from Sac. because of a previous nitrous set up gone bad.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a grat time last night,except for Ricks car breeakin but it sounds like it will be up and runnin soon! Im glad We rolled out and got to meet some of you and lend a hand to some new friends- props go to Adam for the tow. The car ran pretty strong posting its first 11 sec pass -1.751 60 ft 7.561 1/8th @92.067 11.832 @114.253 in my one leggin LX,and also got a chance to race a zo6 and beat him handily 12.0 to 12.5 . Hope to see some more of ya at the track.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

50PrNcEsSGT
¯
Member # 2308

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50PrNcEsSGT  Ford pictures for 50PrNcEsSGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] omg damn rick im sorry to hear that happened to u kinda wish i wouldve stayed not much i couldve done but got u two back out here ne ways had a good time while we were there and good luck gettin the car fixed and better luck next time out there [patriot]

--------------------
BUILD A BRIDGE ...AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Rick sorry to hear about your car...Luckily the guys came through to help you out. By the way, did they mention anything about not having a roll bar?

SmokinLX...good runs, I'm definately jealous.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No problemo on the roll bar. The guy(s) at the track were totally cool. Looks like JohnB's gonna have it up and runnin' again by Tue/Wed [patriot]

Yeah, Marc was lightin' it up in the Smokin' LX...walked a Zo6 pretty good [patriot]

[ May 22, 2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it seemed like they were a little understaffed and consentrating on the pro mod guys, if it was another night rick might have been booted, warned etc.

but last night, nothing, not a word about it

and rick, it was 5 runs buddy, it might have seemed like 4 because the 5th one didnt last too long

the 5th run was what a 1.1 et [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gonna put that last run on the Fastest Mustangs Thread...1.1 ET you say, that's good nuff for the top spot I believe. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Now it's time to get to work on findin' stuff.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
I'm gonna put that last run on the Fastest Mustangs Thread...1.1 ET you say, that's good nuff for the top spot I believe. [Big Grin] [Razz]

I'll only believe you if i see a vid [Razz]

...oh wait i don't think i want to see/hear what happened....or do i [Confused] lol

[Whoo Whooooo!] for John B [worship]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Patrick, you don't wanna hear it [Frown] .I'm just thankful that the 1/2 shafts didn't go and all sorts of other bad shit didn't happen, John says I got off pretty lucky. Thinks the driveshaft going saved everything else....I understand you have a IRS girdle thing, how much was it, wheredya get it, and most important, how does it work for ya [patriot] ?

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Patrick, you don't wanna hear it [Frown] .I'm just thankful that the 1/2 shafts didn't go and all sorts of other bad shit didn't happen, John says I got off pretty lucky. Thinks the driveshaft going saved everything else....I understand you have a IRS girdle thing, how much was it, wheredya get it, and most important, how does it work for ya [patriot] ?

Rick

Thought so [Eek!] but good to hear the shafts are still OK ....what part of the d/s shaft failed? (sorry if i missed it in another post)

Now that i hear that if it were me i'd change the d/s, put a good cover on w/ an easy access drain plug, and for sure throw on a diff brace!

You can pick up a brace here:
http://www.billetflow.com/irs_brace.htm

I haven't been to the track w/ it on yet but i'm not expecting to feel any difference just having the piece of mind and hearing what happened to you is reason enough for me to have it on.

Also i would be sure to use a nice gasket out of gasket material to seal the diff as the shitty thin-ass RTV they use from factory seems to leak on mine even after putting on the brace and partially re-sealing it (once again did not expect the brace to stop the leak)

And since the shafts are good i'd leave them stock and just make sure that you're running some sticky tires to stay far away from any HOP.....besides if they fail they shouldn't be that hard to swap out and by then i'm sure you'll be able to find stockers to get you by that way you're saving as much money in all regards.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The driveshaft failed at the rear bearing cups. It literally ripped the U-point right out. [Eek!] I'll take some pics this afternoon. Basically, the diff cover let go, housing began to rotate...and the driveshaft said bye-bye. If the driveshaft had hung in there, there woulda been MAJOR damage. [Frown]
The Billetflow brace is the thickest one I've seen yet, but the Steeda one is pretty close.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Let me ask another ? on technique.....

Rick what kinda launch were you using and what tires were you on?

-RPM
-Feather vs. Dump
-Tire pressure
-Burnout
-Etc.

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Wow...that would be over 800 mph if you u started the pass from a 800 mph roll. Wonder what that would work out to be in mph from a deadstop to the end in 1.1 seconds...damn [Eek!]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not sure about the mph but I would rate it close to being about as fast as the speed of smell!!! and that's fast. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

-RPM
-Feather vs. Dump
-Tire pressure
-Burnout
-Etc.

[patriot]

About 4500-5000 (dumped),22 psi on brand new Nittos, a great burnout(if i do say so myself, I was worried about screwing it up and looking silly...more silly I mean [Razz] ).

It was hangin' tough on the previous runs. I dumped at 3500 and it hooked and actually bogged the motor so I then got greedy and well...we know what happened after that [Eek!]

edit: Yeah, I just upped the timing abit and added some octane booster and it just went....felt like I was "beamed over" to the finish line [Big Grin] [Razz] ...We'll just keep this run our own little sercret, huh? [Razz]

You guys are funny.

[ May 23, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

-RPM
-Feather vs. Dump
-Tire pressure
-Burnout
-Etc.

[patriot]

About 4500-5000 (dumped),22 psi on brand new Nittos, a great burnout(if i do say so myself, I was worried about screwing it up and looking silly...more silly I mean [Razz] ).

It was hangin' tough on the previous runs. I dumped at 3500 and it hooked and actually bogged the motor so I then got greedy and well...we know what happened after that [Eek!]

What size Nittos?

[ May 23, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

305/35/18

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! Those things hook, especially for 18's!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:

Wow...that would be over 800 mph if you u started the pass from a 800 mph roll. Wonder what that would work out to be in mph from a deadstop to the end in 1.1 seconds...damn [Eek!]
well i found something tha told me if u had a 3600lb car and u ran a 1.1 in the 1/4 mile ud trap a lil over 1239mph and have a rwhp of 534579 [Eek!] horse power calculator...pretty cool.

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Those are pretty close to the numbers I pulled... [Razz]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

quote:
Those are pretty close to the numbers I pulled... [Razz]

[Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com