Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 12.1 next time 11s???? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 12.1 next time 11s????
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright... All of you guys are becoming to fast for me to keep up... I'm now starting a "Help the Green Machine Keep Up" fund. If you would like to donate just email me, i accept any form of currency. I have a list of stuff i would like to do to my car. ONE DAY.... That will be a grand day....

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT, Bolt on's...

Posts: 160 | From: Copper, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:
Well the Ford lovers event was great, I had lots of fun. I ran a new best of 12.1 @111.7 with a 1.65 60'. At this rate next time out I will be in the 11s. [dance] I need to ad some mods, so I can get some more power first(I want 113mph). But I hope I can get it to 11.99 before the Ford vs. Chevy event.
I have to say there is nothing like watching some good old FE powered Fords out there tearing it up. [patriot]
My wife went 13.3 in the Lightning and my freind Ed went 13.6 for his new record time too.
All in all it was a great day.

Dam i wish i was there.. im all about the FE's as my first car was a 67 GTA fastback with a 390. Glad to hear you guys did well. [patriot]
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Blah Blah Blah

So.. Why are you so skeerd of running me on street tires? We both know why. You'd get smackd down.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------
03 Silver Cobra: UPR CAI, Full Bassani Exhaust

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Perry:
Jason, I know you aint moving away real soon, are you? Steve wants a rematch before you go!! You know the classic Ford VS Chevy one!!LOL LOL

Perry,

Good to hear from you! Yes, I'm moving. May 29th to be exact.

I'd LOVE to line up with Steve again! Has he made any changes in his combo since last time we ran? I haven't seen Steve on the boards much.

BTW.. What's that website you guys hang out at? Racoon Racing?

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take it by street tires you mean my rock hard Kumos against your Drag Radials. [Roll Eyes]
I will order some new tires this week you just get ready, because I don't want any more excuses after I pay a few hundred dollars for new tires just to race you. [Mad]
Now this meand you will still have 3-5mph on my car, so if I win this race you will officaly be the tipical 03 cobra owner. Super fast car just not quick enough to keep up. [Wink]
BTW how is your packing going. I just remembered that my dad has a trailer we can use too. So you might be able to get away with renting a small U Haul. Maybe Justin can use his dads truck too, and tow Nicks trailer also. Then you might not need to rent any kind of U Haul. Just a thought.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
I take it by street tires you mean my rock hard Kumos against your Drag Radials. [Roll Eyes]
I will order some new tires this week you just get ready, because I don't want any more excuses after I pay a few hundred dollars for new tires just to race you. [Mad]
Now this meand you will still have 3-5mph on my car, so if I win this race you will officaly be the tipical 03 cobra owner. Super fast car just not quick enough to keep up. [Wink]
BTW how is your packing going. I just remembered that my dad has a trailer we can use too. So you might be able to get away with renting a small U Haul. Maybe Justin can use his dads truck too, and tow Nicks trailer also. Then you might not need to rent any kind of U Haul. Just a thought.

Just get steve's old DR's, and we'll be good. My Nittos are about shot anyways.

And let's not talk about your inherit advantages. Lighter weight and torque converter.

If you win this race? Don't dream. You won't. Oh, and no VHT. It's funny when I think I'm racing somebody and the opponent starts to squirt down the street. No matter, I usually win anyways. At least against that red brick. Even with you on slicks AND vht!

There's only one mustang I have a problem beating. And that's that crazy fucker perry.

Thanks for the offer about moving, don. That's a wonderful suggestion. I'll be booking a uhaul next week, so we'll see exactly what the price differences are. If it's only a couple of bux, I'll just get a big one. If it's substantial, I'll be calling you guys up on that.

I'm trying to get the move done early in the morning that saturday. I'd like to have the uhaul all packed up and ready to go. It's a long drive for you guys back, and we need to be done at a decent time.

There's a really nice park on the water there. I'm thinking of hosting a BBQ afterwards. It'll be fun.

[patriot]

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steve got rid of those. They had a big slit in them.
I would hope you think you are going to win you have all the advantages now, also I knew you would start with the weight thing. [Roll Eyes]
BTW Justin weighed his car at the track and it was less then mine. [Eek!] He only weighs in at 3080 with his back seat and passenger out and mine weighs in at 3140. I thought the 5.0s are supposed to be super light. [Mad] Guess that only applies to the LX 5 speed. O well I am still 500lbs lighter then you. That is the only thing I have going for me right now, seeing as how I am down 100hp to you.
I would like to see how much your wife's car weighs at the track since it should be less then Justin's car when he is fully dressed. BTW Ed's car was 32XX full weight.
No wonder the Machs are so fast, I bet they are in the 3100-3200 range.( I am looking at the Red one at Manteca Ford) Boy would that look good in my driveway.
When do you want to race before you move or after you get settled in?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
Steve got rid of those. They had a big slit in them.
I would hope you think you are going to win you have all the advantages now, also I knew you would start with the weight thing. [Roll Eyes]
BTW Justin weighed his car at the track and it was less then mine. [Eek!] He only weighs in at 3080 with his back seat and passenger out and mine weighs in at 3140. I thought the 5.0s are supposed to be super light. [Mad] Guess that only applies to the LX 5 speed. O well I am still 500lbs lighter then you. That is the only thing I have going for me right now, seeing as how I am down 100hp to you.
I would like to see how much your wife's car weighs at the track since it should be less then Justin's car when he is fully dressed. BTW Ed's car was 32XX full weight.
No wonder the Machs are so fast, I bet they are in the 3100-3200 range.( I am looking at the Red one at Manteca Ford) Boy would that look good in my driveway.
When do you want to race before you move or after you get settled in?

96-98 cobras and 01+gt's weigh about the same. Both live axle cars with the same underpinnings. Where the 98 has an aluminum block saving some weight, the DOHC valvetrain adds some. I'd guess they have to be within 50lbs of eachother.

You need to pony up for that Mach1. It seems the latemodel auto guys are just getting serious. Saw a GT on Corral yesterday with stock long block, auto with 3600stall, and exhaust. 12.6@108mph!

I wonder what a Mach would do with an extra 40rwhp!?!

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

This one is a 5 speed.
It is the Mach of my dreams, RED!
I might be able to get it cheap too.(Trade In)
It is a used 03 with 5800 miles.
If they will sell it in the $16000-$17000 range I will most likely go for it.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
This one is a 5 speed.
It is the Mach of my dreams, RED!
I might be able to get it cheap too.(Trade In)
It is a used 03 with 5800 miles.
If they will sell it in the $16000-$17000 range I will most likely go for it.

DO IT!

Sounds like the deal you've been waiting for. Besides, they respond REALLY well to mods. Right on par with LS1's!!!

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

You know me nothing major. [Big Grin]
4.30s
Long tubes
pulleys
Timing adjuster
AND YES SLICKS!!! [Mad]
No N20 [Eek!] Have to have at least on car with no power adder
Perry says he has a freind with a new Mach that has a 150 shot on it. I bet he wants to play with us next time out.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
You know me nothing major. [Big Grin]
4.30s
Long tubes
pulleys
Timing adjuster
AND YES SLICKS!!! [Mad]
No N20 [Eek!] Have to have at least on car with no power adder
Perry says he has a freind with a new Mach that has a 150 shot on it. I bet he wants to play with us next time out.

Damn. I wonder what Mach1's run on the juice. I bet they're deep in the 11's.

Imagine: basic boltons and instant low 12's @ 114mph!

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Have you decided on what pulley you are going to get? I noticed that the heat exchangers are getting more and more reasonable. I am thinking of doing a Apten+heat exchanger(chip reburn) for the L, and just leaving it at + 2lbs instead of buying another pulley. [Whoo Whooooo!] I still have to fix all the sparkplug holes from fords we only need two treads idea on the 2v heads. [Mad] So I though sence I might have to take the blower off to get the tool in the holes easier that I might as well send it off to apten. [Big Grin]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn just when I thought my little 2V was catching up to you SVT guys you go and get more mods . [Mad]

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
Have you decided on what pulley you are going to get? I noticed that the heat exchangers are getting more and more reasonable. I am thinking of doing a Apten+heat exchanger(chip reburn) for the L, and just leaving it at + 2lbs instead of buying another pulley. [Whoo Whooooo!] I still have to fix all the sparkplug holes from fords we only need two treads idea on the 2v heads. [Mad] So I though sence I might have to take the blower off to get the tool in the holes easier that I might as well send it off to apten. [Big Grin]

Most the gains from the Apten have been above 5000rpm. With the more dramatic gains near redline. I'm not sure that you spin that 5.4 high enough to take advantage of the extra flow.

And those HE's don't seem to add power. Just allow you to run a tad more timing.

I'd like to have the extra HE just for the safety margin of high boost.

--------------------

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
Originally posted by eddiej50:
Damn just when I thought my little 2V was catching up to you SVT guys you go and get more mods . [Mad]

Yeah. And my next two are cheap! Just gotta save for it.

[Frown]

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Your thinking of power gains on a 4v cobra motor. Read some of the lightning post. Our trucks move the more air then your cars can at lower RPMS because of the massive stroke. Comparing Apples to Oranges. All the L guys with the Apten's are more then satisfied. I figure that with the extra air from the Apten and cooler charge I will be able to get rid of my way to conservative tune, and get it back to where is was with less boost. After all it is just the wife car. An she has yet to be beat buy any other Wife's car. [Eek!]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

It doen't mater Ed because he will back out of the race once he see's you are man enough to run real tires. [Roll Eyes]
ET STREETS RULE! [patriot]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
It doen't mater Ed because he will back out of the race once he see's you are man enough to run real tires. [Roll Eyes]
ET STREETS RULE! [patriot]

Only those who aren't confident in their launches REFUSE to run on street tires.

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

It's OK Jay keep telling yourself that. [Embarrassed] Next you will want to race a standing mile on the freeway. [Roll Eyes] I have started a new goal just for your rules(this time the goal in for MPH not ET) [BS flag] . I have decided that victory pipe will be much sweeter that way. It is kinda like when all the couples come over, and we play a board game, boys against girls. We always play with our wife's stupid extra rules, so they feel good about them selves. That is until the game is over and they lost anyway. [Eek!] It is easier to do it their way instead of listening to them bitch the whole time. [Wink]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
It's OK Jay keep telling yourself that. [Embarrassed] Next you will want to race a standing mile on the freeway. [Roll Eyes] I have started a new goal just for your rules(this time the goal in for MPH not ET) [BS flag] . I have decided that victory pipe will be much sweeter that way. It is kinda like when all the couples come over, and we play a board game, boys against girls. We always play with our wife's stupid extra rules, so they feel good about them selves. That is until the game is over and they lost anyway. [Eek!] It is easier to do it their way instead of listening to them bitch the whole time. [Wink]

New rules would be nice. I'll use solid fuel rocket boosters. And if you don't have any, too bad. You're a pussy. Rocket boosters make me faster, and that makes me a better driver.

[BS flag]

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Lets plan it.
Not for the next three weekends.
Ed can't this weekend plus many others too I am sure.
I will be in Vegas the weekend after that.
You will be moving the third weekend.
When is a good time for you?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
Lets plan it.
Not for the next three weekends.
Ed can't this weekend plus many others too I am sure.
I will be in Vegas the weekend after that.
You will be moving the third weekend.
When is a good time for you?

Street tire - street tire? No N2O? My daily driver to your drag queen?

YOU'RE ON!

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

LOL Drag queen. What is Craig's car?
I am curious what makes my car a drag queen.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I already said I would play by your rules.
I can use drag radials??? That doesn't make much sence to me I will still cut 1.6 60' with drag radials. I tell you what I will use my shitty Kumos if that is what you want.

When?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JSHTROD:
Only those who aren't confident in their launches REFUSE to run on street tires.

Only real man use solid axles so we don't have to worry about half shafts .

P.s. I believe there are lots of 03 cobra's that have no problems running slicks with stock rearends .Don't be scuurrreeeddd . [Eek!]

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com