Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TnT Report- 1/3/04, pretty damn good... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TnT Report- 1/3/04, pretty damn good...
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Tranny OK?
The lights were having isues at the end, so no numbers were coming up on the big boards. You had to wait and see the timeslip to know what anyone ran. [Roll Eyes]

Well that sucks! Having the # show up on the big board for the world to see is part of the thrill! I guess you'll just have to join us at the track in a few weeks to back up that awesome run. [Big Grin]

Haven't touched the car yet....but it seems promissing. The tranny shifted/felt perfectly fine the entire way home.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn it Jim and I wasn't there!!!!!!!!! I was suppose to stand next to your door and tell you how damn good you were gona do on the run just like in Palmdale. Oh well I will do it next week so you can back that time slip up!!!

Congrats buddy! I knew time was the only thing in your way! [patriot]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's OK Frank. Mark wouldn't let me stop and cool the car. He kept waving me off of the pits and telling me to launch better! Then he didn'yt tell me I had run an 11. He just said "Do what you just did." [Big Grin]
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Jim, nice driving. [patriot]
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man wish I was there...instead, I was freezing my ass off in Minnesota...Congrats
Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its about time Jim. Congradulations! [dance]

Wish I could have been there, but I was at work making tranny money so I can get my own car into the 11's [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

Wish I could have been there, but I was at work making tranny money so I can get my own car into the 11's [Wink]

You're right. And why go 11's? Screw 'em and go 10's!!! [patriot] [burnout]
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim, I have a question were you running the air adjuster and the extender at the same time???? [Confused]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:

You're right. And why go 11's? Screw 'em and go 10's!!! [patriot] [burnout]
There is much work to be done [Frown]

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
Jim, I have a question were you running the air adjuster and the extender at the same time???? [Confused]

Yup. Worked on the dyno. Sucked at the track. Life was better w/out the Air Adjuster. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When i have talked to sam at GSR he is VERY specfic. for the extender to work correctly set f/p at 38-40 with no vac and then do all the a/r changes with the extender. call me when you get a chance i think i know why the two didnt work togeather

[ January 05, 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You better hurry, otherwise I'm gonna beat you to it [Smile]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:

Just let me get a tranny, we can race.

Me on DR's vs. you on slicks [Big Grin] [burnout] <--me

--------------------
AED

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just let me get a tranny, we can race.

Me on DR's vs. you on slicks [Big Grin] [burnout] <--me

You have to be on Street tires [Smile]

If I get everything done and the weathers good I perdict 11's on Saturday [Smile]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

OH! Well if you want to be like that, we can go bottle for bottle too! [Eek!]

[Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
AED

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:

[Big Grin] [Wink]

That's the only way I can half-ass keep up. Unless we drop that 342 into my car [Big Grin]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:

[Big Grin] [Wink]

That's the only way I can half-ass keep up. Unless we drop that 342 into my car [Big Grin]
My car is nothing w/o traction. Not to mention it is untuned and has a stock rev limiter. Motor vs motor and DR vs ET street, you would most likely beat me.

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
When i have talked to sam at GSR he is VERY specfic. for the extender to work correctly set f/p at 38-40 with no vac and then do all the a/r changes with the extender. call me when you get a chance i think i know why the two didnt work togeather

I can't set the FP that high. The Extender does not control A/F below 4500rpm. W/ 32psi it works very well across the entire rpm range. The ratio changes very linearily when using the adjustment pot. The air adjuster simply moves the MAF response curve up or down. At least, that is supposed to be what happens. The last place digit on it's display was flickering on and off so I suspect a glitch.
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

what do you set f/p it and is that with or without the vac hooked up?? I relize that the extender only works from (3500) 94-95 units and 4500 88-93 If you send it in to sam he can move the cut in point on the 88-93 down to 3500.

[ January 05, 2004, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

w/out, of course.
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

what air meeter again??

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

C&L 76mm w/ 24lb injectors, 255 pump
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Jim! [dance] Oh, and next time the '91PONY' is at the track...hopefully I will be too! LOL [Razz]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some sneak pictures:

-

-

-

-

-

Look for a post with the entire album soon [patriot]

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Some sneak pictures:

-

Anyone know what catback is on that 03 cobra? [Eek!] [patriot]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com