Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Finally Did It!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally Did It!!!
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guess i'll have to try a set of those after i burn up the nittos

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great times. It's really good to hear about a 2V N/A modular going 12s locally. I'm curious, because I'm hoping to take a stab at doing it this spring. Exactly what modifications have you done to the car? Specifically, I'm interested in whether or not you've beefed up your rear end & chassis to run on the E/T Streets, if you're on factory control arms (probably not, but maybe, etc...)

Thanks,

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by QWICK46:
Great times. It's really good to hear about a 2V N/A modular going 12s locally. I'm curious, because I'm hoping to take a stab at doing it this spring. Exactly what modifications have you done to the car? Specifically, I'm interested in whether or not you've beefed up your rear end & chassis to run on the E/T Streets, if you're on factory control arms (probably not, but maybe, etc...)

Thanks,

The only thing I've done to the rear is put gears in it and some lower control arms. I have a spec II clutch and just about every bolt-on and LTs.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Elapid:
guess i'll have to try a set of those after i burn up the nittos

ET streets are awesome! On my Nittos I couldn't get less than a 2.0 60ft. [Roll Eyes] On the ET streets I can do 1.7's! [burnout]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great times mark the bolt on king now runs 12.1's 109's work on your susp get a tubular k-member and get some et drags,and a nice weather day and you should be close.

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric do you still have the c&l upper and 75mm TB?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
great times mark the bolt on king now runs 12.1's 109's work on your susp get a tubular k-member and get some et drags,and a nice weather day and you should be close.

What kind of 60ft times the this guy running?

Mark, I have some ET Drags [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:

What kind of 60ft times the this guy running?

Mark, I have some ET Drags [Wink]

I must be thinking what you are thinking Drew [Big Grin]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

He runs ET Drags the car is lightened up k member and so on all the bolt-ons running 12.4s. He just put the cams in and it runs 12.1s now.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
He runs ET Drags the car is lightened up k member and so on all the bolt-ons running 12.4s. He just put the cams in and it runs 12.1s now.

Shieeeeeet. 12.4's and he is the "bolt on king"? Heh, your car had a pretty damn good chance of going 12.4xx last time out Mark. ET Drags and yank that dirty ass air filter and maybe even fast than that [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Oh yeah, Mark will you post the link to the fastest list for the 4.6 GT's on the corral please [patriot]

--------------------
AED

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Oh yeah, Mark will you post the link to the fastest list for the 4.6 GT's on the corral please [patriot]

I couldnt find it
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it this? [Confused]
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335951

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

mark i sold the cl plenum and tb with the car.The guy who ran a 12.1 100 name is starkie and he is all bolt ons.The other guy your thinking of is mustang92 bill he ran a 12.1 110 with cams.And starkie has hit a 1.59 60ft

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com