Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » new times @ Sac on 7/5 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: new times @ Sac on 7/5
treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
> Treynor, is that car totally stock?

Not quite -- chip and drag radials. It ran 12.45 @ 114.5 bone stock... they're just fast cars.

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Posts: 55 | From: Los Altos CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry but guy's who run chevy's in ford cars should be shot on sight and hung from a lamp pole. But I am not bitter.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

notsue
¯
Member # 557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notsue  Ford pictures for notsue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Baby on Board" in shoe polish was a nice touch for the car...

--------------------
-Suzanne

Posts: 616 | From: Fort Riley | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Red Vette
¯
Member # 870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Vette  Ford pictures for Red Vette    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
sorry but guy's who run chevy's in ford cars should be shot on sight and hung from a lamp pole. But I am not bitter.

It's common knowledge that in order to make a Ford fast it needs to be powerd by a Chevy...duh!
Posts: 442 | From: At the races | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red Vette:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

It's common knowledge that in order to make a Ford fast it needs to be powerd by a Chevy...duh!
and that is why my next motor will be a big block chevy...or a small block ford turbo...those damn turbo motors just kick ass [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i saw that SS clutch burning [Big Grin] ..don't know what he was doing. Treynor all i got to say is WOW!

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Here are a few teaser pictures from the PSCA Race on the 5th:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/07_05_03A/

Here are a few teaser pictures from the Grudge Night Race on the 5th:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/07_05_03B/

By Monday night those two links should be full 100 picture photo albums.

Check out the links above everyone
[patriot]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Suzanne Marie:
"Baby on Board" in shoe polish was a nice touch for the car...

-
treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was trying to find one of those little yellow "Baby On Board" window thingies, but no one seems to have them for sale any more.

Next time I go, I'll have a teddy bear or something in the child seat, complete with helmet [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by treynor:
I was trying to find one of those little yellow "Baby On Board" window thingies, but no one seems to have them for sale any more.

Next time I go, I'll have a teddy bear or something in the child seat, complete with helmet [Smile]

They're going to let you run again? You putting a cage in there or just try to keep it in the 12's? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Admin-www.svtperformance.com

Posts: 314 | From: NorCal- SF | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HMMMM it takes a chevy to make a ford go fast. How many Fords with chevy's in them won? The class with the BBC in the fords are racing Small Block fords(I think they do that to keep it fair LOL) does the litle Silver Ford Mustang( 02 or 03) of Doug's run a BBC I don't think soooo. [Big Grin]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Yah, they didn't ban me or anything. Every time they warn me, I'm a good boy and run a few 12s for them. The last run of the evening the guy by the timing lights asked me to roll down my window, and said "now you're not going to run an 11, right?" I agreed. And then I ran a 13.0... at 60 mph... with a 7.5 @ 93 1/8th [Big Grin] The people at the timing booth just laughed and handed me my slip.

No cage for the benz, however [Eek!]

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when will running the same 11.5-11.8 or whatever in that benz get boring? BRING OUT THE VIPER!!!11!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Its already been settled, treynor is racing his viper against John91Coupe at the next ford-vs-chevy(and a mopar) race for the battle of the fastest street driven car [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [Big Grin]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well that's a foregone conclusion by about nearly 2 seconds.
Have norman/chow/Kevin L/John91coupe/etc. figure out who has the fastest street car and let us know.

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

I heard Norman's old car got busted once for being driven on the street, and I believe his current car's gas tank is only a few gallons so I imagine he won't be able to make it more than 10 miles with out stopping to fill up. He's out of the street driven car race.

Chow? Don't know his story.

Kevin L has tranny troubles last time I heard, but good point, I forgot about Kevin L.

treynor
¯
Member # 1854

> well that's a foregone conclusion by about nearly 2 seconds

Huh? My Viper's best run was 10.1. John91's best run is (I believe) high 9's? It would be a good race.

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it would be a good race! Its time for you to step out of the LS1 and Supra racing world and enter to the 5.O realm [worship]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

quote:
Originally posted by treynor:

Huh? My Viper's best run was 10.1. John91's best run is (I believe) high 9's? It would be a good race.

what's your best time in said Viper?

is a 9.4 a high 9?

[ July 11, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com