Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » new times @ Sac on 7/5 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: new times @ Sac on 7/5
66fastback
¯
Member # 657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66fastback  Ford pictures for 66fastback  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did anyone see that silver 4 door mercedes that was at sac on saturady night? I saw that car go 11.8@118mph and almost fell out of the bleachers in total disbelief. What does that car have in it?

--------------------
http://www.mustangdoctor.com

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
V12 and two turbos. And way north of $100k.
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That car was sweet. At what speed do you need a roll bar? I thought in 11s you needed one. Did he have one?

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My best run of the evening was 11.69 @ 118.4. They gave me a hard time for that one, and told me to slow it down. Sacto's pretty forgiving if you run the occasional 11 without a rollbar, as long as you don't do it consistently.

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Posts: 55 | From: Los Altos CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like he won't run the Viper anymore [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

66fastback
¯
Member # 657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66fastback  Ford pictures for 66fastback  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Treynor, is that car totally stock?

--------------------
http://www.mustangdoctor.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are a few teaser pictures from the PSCA Race on the 5th:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/07_05_03A/

Here are a few teaser pictures from the Grudge Night Race on the 5th:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/07_05_03B/

By Monday night those two links should be full 100 picture photo albums.

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by treynor:
My best run of the evening was 11.69 @ 118.4. They gave me a hard time for that one, and told me to slow it down.

[worship] [worship]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friends 98 Slug ran a 14.475 @ 95
[worship] [worship]

Mods
----
Broken Engine and Tranny Mounts
Bald Tires
Clutch that wont fully disengage.

ohhh and the biggest mod K&N [Big Grin]

ohh and 100K+ cars that run 11's are not impressive.

Now Green LX hatcbacks running 12.5 with a fucked up tranny [worship] [worship] [worship]

[ July 06, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: FordPny ]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't LOOK broken...

-

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was nice meeting you bro. [patriot]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Doesn't LOOK broken...

-

Those are some meaty tires you have up front there 50 series? [Big Grin]

[ July 06, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Heh.
Couldn't pass up $100 for 4 new Firestone Sealix. 60 series, unfortunately. Just adds to the sleeper vibe...

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jim, what did you do to your paint? A few months ago it looked really dull and oxidized, but yesterday it was looking a lot better. Secret wax?
RTornio
¯
Member # 2289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTornio  Ford pictures for RTornio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was cool meetin a few of you guys out there, and racin a few of you too. I had the 99 black SS (yeah, there were a few of em out there), so i doubt you'd remember me. I had a best of a 12.6@110 on my first time ever to the track.. so i was pretty happy... hope to see you guys out there next time!

[ July 06, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: RTCamaroSS ]

Posts: 220 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Front end collision, new paint on hood and hatch, polishing compound on the rest. Yeah, the hatch was in really bad shape.

[ July 06, 2003, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

[worship] Oh that explains it [worship]

RTCamaroSS- I think there were more silver f-body's out last night than black ones. I took pictures of several of them and will have them up tomorrow night.

[ July 06, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Jerm95gt
Diapers
Member # 1239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerm95gt  Ford pictures for Jerm95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fasterdamnit your lsd is not so good man....might that have something to do with not getting the times you wanted?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by Jerm95gt:
Fasterdamnit your lsd is not so good man....might that have something to do with not getting the times you wanted?

You mean the traction loc?

My tranny lost 2nd gear, Never had a single clean run.

Jerm95gt
Diapers
Member # 1239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerm95gt  Ford pictures for Jerm95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on one of your last burnouts your right tire wasn't spinning at all just the left was smoking like crazy......right was just standing still.....hippo and I were going to tell you incase you weren't aware but we left.

--------------------
I miss you StoplightWarrior :(

CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLAUS  Ford pictures for CLAUS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

why no picures of Gixxer408's car? it's the fastest one on your website.

Nice picture of the two BBC cars. Notice the front plate on the white mustang. [worship]
 -

[ July 06, 2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: NOSVanMan ]

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

IF MY MUSTANG WON'T BEAT YOU
NORMAN'S WILL!!

special thanks: Chris Molinari

Posts: 156 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NOSVanMan:
quote:

Nice picture of the two BBC cars. Notice the front plate on the white mustang. [worship]
 -

the paint job the white one had was kinda cool but looking under the hoods of those two cars made me want to vomit.
CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLAUS  Ford pictures for CLAUS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
Originally posted by NOSVanMan:
quote:

-

the paint job the white one had was kinda cool but looking under the hoods of those two cars made me want to vomit.
maybe i'd agree if they were both 200 hp 454 stock big blocks. but anything that can make a car run 7.85 @ 180mph or 8.6 @ 160 gets my respect. Also in bakersfield the cam broke in the red fox body after round 1 of elims, someone drove to a shop in bakersfield, picked up a big block nitrous cam, they then tossed it in the motor and won round 2. [worship]

i have a ton of respect for those two cars and their crews... but the dragon has to go.

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

IF MY MUSTANG WON'T BEAT YOU
NORMAN'S WILL!!

special thanks: Chris Molinari

Posts: 156 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I liked the Silver SS that did the big smokey clutch burnout, tires didnt turn at all and he still drove it down the track.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
RTornio
¯
Member # 2289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTornio  Ford pictures for RTornio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I liked the Silver SS that did the big smokey clutch burnout, tires didnt turn at all and he still drove it down the track.

Didnt see that one, but i heard about it! Thats what a stock clutch and hydralics will get ya! Hope someone got it on tape...

--------------------
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus IS250 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
1988 Ford Mustang GT 306ci

Posts: 220 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com