Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 2/8 resultz (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2/8 resultz
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahahaha, its all good Eliwn. You da man [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, You are the MAN. [worship]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Jim. Looks like the fastest NA 302 title race is becoming closer and closer as the trick flow trio duke it out.

Look into a SPEC stage 3 clutch. Why dick with anything less at this stage of the game?

[ February 08, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jim i would go with a spec stage 2,friendly clutch, and supposed to hold about 450rwhp.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran 2 new best times today also.

NA
1.78 82.301 10.957 13.137 @1.03.890

N2o
1.89 86.453 10.774 12.816@111.500

I only got one pass on the juice and there was air in the line so it didnt really kickin to I shifted into 3rd. When 3rd and 4th hit on the juice what a rush. Bottle pressure was 1000psi. Time to buy a purge kit and get some clean passes.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Congrats Jim. Looks like the fastest NA 302 title is becoming closer and closer as the trick flow trio duke it out. Look into a SPEC stage 3 clutch. Why dick with anything less at this stage of the game?

Thanks. I have a few more mods I can make to up the power, but only after the clutch is fixed. I sure didn't expect to get this close with full weight and lack of suspension work (other than strenghening the stockstuff.) Joe has me beat as far as weight goes. Maybe we can form a no-cage club and have meetings and stuff...

JL

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Maybe we can form a no-cage club and have meetings and stuff...

Sounds good. All you guys need is large windshield banners with your clubs name on it (TrickFlow-Trio?) and 5" monster tachs, wear a baseball cap backwards.... oh yeah, 2 chamber flows are a must as well... so you can rev on any and every car you see on the road [Big Grin]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson has monster tach envy [Razz]

--------------------
AED

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:
Let me ask you guys what I should post as my best run on skinnies

Second run
13.746@101.947 W/ 2.022 60ft.

Third I set a MPH record for my car
13.858@102.679 W/2.069 60ft. I was soooo stoked after that run!!!

My last run I was like freak this I am going to just slam this thing!(well atleast more then I have before haha)
13.500@98.448MPH W/ 1.900 60ft.

It's normal to list the best ET pass, and then maybe to list best mph, unless it's the same run (for the best ET, they should be the same, unless you swap tire sizes a lot or something)

Also, it's just my humble opinion that a performer rpm intake is a mismatch for stock untouched E7TE (stock heads).

The performer rpm is going to shine in the upper rpms--- it also lags in the lower rpms, doesn't build enough torque.

I have a REAL edelbrock performer upper, it should work better for you (ask around) want to trade [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think about it, Aaron. Since you are planning a huffer on top of the stock heads, the Performer would give you considerably more power under the curve as it will match the rpm range of your combo much better.
And Joe, you can't put on your car once you have it. Maybe a nice piece of art deco on the coffe table [Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Think about it, Aaron. Since you are planning a huffer on top of the stock heads, the Performer would give you considerably more power under the curve as it will match the rpm range of your combo much better.
And Joe, you can't put on your car once you have it. Maybe a nice piece of art deco on the coffe table [Razz]

Well the thing is I am gona get some TW's sometime after Palmdale. I only want to buy things once and not two or even three times. I figure I will do it once and do it right, so the RPM stays.

As for the MPH to time thing I messed up on my 3rd to 4th shift and Held out 3rd too long. It really droped my MPH. I had a Best 80.615 Half track so I am thinking if I shifted a little earlier I would have had a 103.xxx MPH run that time. Its all about practice and learning my car. But I still think gaining 4MPH and 5tenths in Two weeks isn't that bad?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

How high do you plan to spin it? Even with new heads the RPM works best if you stay above 5000rpm on a 302 for the entire run. That means shifting at least at 6500. Hard to do with the stock Rev limiter. If Joe will let you try it, I bet the Performer will make more usable power and give better ET's N/A or P/A unless you go w/ a big cam and over-ride the stock computer. I watch Chirag go thru this w/ his heads/intake/cam '88 LX. Joe just did it with his car.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will eventually get a chip and what not. I also bought that thing cause you can't beat the price down at "peters performance werehouse" [burnout]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Aaron,
I understand the good deal thing, as you know. BUT the plain and simple fact is your car will be faster w/ the Performer intake over the RPM, UNLESS you go w/ a big cam and override the EEC. With the blower and that intake on good heads you can make enough power to split your stock block in half. So, why not maximize the area under the curve with the intake better suited to your combo? If you are planning on a stroker, the RPM will work very well w/ more cubes.

JL

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congradulations to all! It seemed like everyone had a new best. Good job everyone [worship]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

I think my intake is just fine. Considering that I will have better flowing heads then scott did with that intake and he went as fast as he did. I think the intake is just fine.

All in All a good day for time slips but not for making a lot of time slips!

[ February 09, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe ]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

I think the fact that Scott Peter's went almost 112 mph through cats and with shorty headers on his Performer RPM intake with smaller heads than both you guys are running should end the decusion rather quickly [Razz]

--------------------
AED

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I think the fact that Scott Peter's went almost 112 mph through cats and with shorty headers on his Performer RPM intake with smaller heads than both you guys are running should end the decusion rather quickly [Razz]

what that we can't drive? [Wink] oh you're talking about the intake. NEVER MIND!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JdubO7  Ford pictures for JdubO7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was my first time out black94 5.0 posted my time already. Thanks Rob [Smile] All in all it was a blast. Didn't like the waiting around for two hours to get a run in but Phugget. I was hoping for a 14.5 on the way out. My first run was a 14 flat I didn't think I would do any better all day until my second run Rob congratulated me with the time slip of 13.9!! I'm stoked and can't wait to get out there again to shave off a couple more tenths

--------------------
Dynomax Mufflers/Headers/Pullies
65mm TB/76mm MAF System w/K&N
Hurst Short Shift/MSD Ignition
Electric Fan/3 Core Radiator
Ford 3.55's

Waiting in living room for install:
King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. Count me in the NO cage club
2. Looks like i need to spend some money to stay ahead of jim and joe.
3.I just called my Boss and told him i am sick and will be out for 3-4 days (or untill my car is done)
4. Congrats to jim and joe
[Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. Count me in the NO cage club
2. Looks like i need to spend some money to stay ahead of jim and joe.
3.I just called my Boss and told him i am sick and will be out for 3-4 days (or untill my car is done)
4. Congrats to jim and joe
[Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone see Craig in the teal LX? 11.4 @ 121 [Big Grin]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

Yep, he has a very nice ride [patriot]

--------------------
AED

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What is his combo?

I assume he's a member of this site right? If so, he should check out http://www.cafords.com/fastest.htm and email Mark to enter his car into the database [burnout]

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yeah his shit is fast! Actually it hit 122.xx [Eek!]

Combo:

Edelbrock 6037's, stock cam, cobra intake, shorty headers, 10 psi Vortech and it hauls ass [worship]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com