Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » T&T 1/18 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: T&T 1/18
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Joe, it looks like you have 2-3 hours of work there. Better get crackin [Wink]

um, yeah maybe if I was Jon McClesky or something!

I bet I have 8 hours ahead of me, easy.

Hear Hear! When I watch Brian (TheBrain) work, I feel like a sloth on prozac...

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Joe, it looks like you have 2-3 hours of work there. Better get crackin [Wink]

um, yeah maybe if I was Jon McClesky or something!

I bet I have 8 hours ahead of me, easy.

8 HOURS!? [Eek!]

Last time I pulled my cam it took 45 minutes to get out and 3 hours to get back in and running. You can do it Joe, I have faith in you [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as the weather is dry, I'll be taking the R up for my first time at the track. [Smile]

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I also have to go get new plugs.

Autolites are free after rebate from Kragens right now. You only end up paying the sales tax and the cost of the stamp [patriot]
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do the check in the tech area. I went before, and I told them I was stock, and they didnt check anything.LOL. Now Im a little quicker
and I might need a helmet [Wink]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Sorry, I wasn't alive when the match went down in '75. Tough call... watch Jim vs Joe on Saturday or watch 93PONY dyno.... hmmmm......

What time is Shaun's dyno tune? I might swing by and see how he does before I work.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I also have to go get new plugs.

Autolites are free after rebate from Kragens right now. You only end up paying the sales tax and the cost of the stamp [patriot]
how many can you buy at once?
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious, if you really want to line up against one specific person, is that possible? I mean like if they are right behind/in-front of you in line, can you work that out?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, just ask the guy at the line when you roll up "Can you line me up with that XXXXXX colored XXXXX back there?"
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PeNiNsula302:
Just curious, if you really want to line up against one specific person, is that possible? I mean like if they are right behind/in-front of you in line, can you work that out?

As long as you are in the lane one after another, they will usually let you as long as you ask the guy at the line of the staging lanes.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We got fogged out at Sacramento today. I may try next weekend.

We salvaged the day by stopping at the Sudwerk Brewery in Davis for tasty food and beverages! [Smile]

--------------------
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by griffined:
We got fogged out at Sacramento today. I may try next weekend.

We salvaged the day by stopping at the Sudwerk Brewery in Davis for tasty food and beverages! [Smile]

Is your Cobra R black? I saw one parked at Home Depot in san ramon a few months ago, just curious.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bet its red [Smile]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess all cobra R's are red, then. Come to think of it It was black with red interior and had some funky wheels and it said rousche, mabye stage II? or something like that. I got my cobra's confused. Thats one thing I promised myself I would not do.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah roush's come in lots of colors.......cobra r's are red

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
off the wall question, but damn did anyone see that girl with the trailered grey w/blue stripes old skool mustang? LOL it was the one who all of us (like 10 guys) went to talk to at the same time, she was like 20 or somethin... Anyway, she was hot as hell AND loved stangs and racing [Eek!] , talk about dream girl [worship] .
Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
she's like 16 or 17 i think, her name is missy.

I can't say that i've ever seen a sponsored car have a chain bolted to a motor. If anyone knows her, let he know that my friends and I have invented solid mounts for old mustangs if she wan't to buy some and get rid of that ghetto looking chain.

go to www.BadAsscars.com and look for her car

btw, who is Mel?

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
She is ALWAYS there with pops on Wednesday nights. She races in high school.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

quote:
Originally posted by SIR Paint Job w/ '84 Tercel on MTBE:
btw, who is Mel?

?

Anyway, on that website it says shes 19 so i think she is probably 20 by now. All i know is i hope shes around next time i go up [worship] , hehe, but yeah she did look younger.

[ January 21, 2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: PeNiNsula302 ]

griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FD3s:
I guess all cobra R's are red, then.

All 300 of the 2000 R's were Performancce Red when they left Dearborn. Here's some pics of mine. http://www.edweird.com/00r1.htm

The earlier R's in 93 and 95 were all white, I think.

I was parked near Missy's Mustang and did see her driving it around the parking lot a couple times. I love the "bumpity-bumpity" sound of a cammed motor.

--------------------
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that really sucked to drive all the way to sac and get fogged out. i think thats like 3 weeks in a row for some people. i didnt make it to the 40 dollar dyno day -should have gone. i saw melzpony at sears on monday. didnt see her run, though.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen1:
that really sucked to drive all the way to sac and get fogged out. i think thats like 3 weeks in a row for some people. i didnt make it to the 40 dollar dyno day -should have gone. i saw melzpony at sears on monday. didnt see her run, though.

Jason, I think it ran a 10.8 with 1 seat and a 408. STREET CAR!!
flummox
¯
Member # 2359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flummox  Ford pictures for flummox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi.. I just signed up although I met at least one of you last Saturday at Sac Raceway (btw thanks for letting me check out your Cobra R!).

Yeah.. too bad about the fog. I wanted to see you guys make some runs.

Hoping this weekend will be better. If it is anyone heading to the track?

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yes. Got new power and stickier tires. On a MISSION.

[worship] [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com