Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from grudefest (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Results from grudefest
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saturday night was aweful. I only made one run all night long. Since I saw the tech people actually kicking people out for no cages if they ran quicker than 12s i decided to only make an 1/8 mile pass... too bad i didn't even make it that far.

My 60' was a 1.64 which is my best yet but there is still room for improvement since I didn't floor it off the line and I only have a 2500 stall. Then before I even go to the 1/8 mile markers the damn blower belt ripped in half (making it a 3 rib belt instead of an 8) and in the process ripped all the wires coming out of the MSD box which killed my engine immediately. The 1/8 mile time was still a 7.2 @ 82 mph and I coasted to a 13.66.

I rewired the box and drove it without the charger to diamond springs to have it tuned... wonder how well it'll run then. [burnout]

finally got home at 5am, long day.

I would have been more impressed with the white camaro if he was actually able to turn on the hassards without screwing up his whole run in the process.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmmmm on its way to low low 11s high 10s huh Mr. Pain in the ass?

What tires were you on?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Paint Job:
Since I saw the tech people actually kicking people out for no cages if they ran quicker than 12s

[Big Grin] da rules are da rules, it's all in the name of safety.
Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell me about it. I didn't have a 5-point harness so I alsmot got he boot. Luckily she was cool and knew who I was and told me I drove the car good so it was ok for the night. [Big Grin]

But now I have to get a harness and who knows what else to be legal for 10's. I just got the jacket,cage, and driveshaft loop done. [Frown]

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/ETQuickRef.html

10.00-10.99 aftermarket rear axles (not mandatory in 11.00-11.99)

* Full Bodied Cars- Any full bodied cars with an unaltered firewall, floor or body, may substitute a ROLL BAR in place of a cage (10.99-10.00)

*Protective Clothing
11.99-10.00 (Unblown)
Jacket-Meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1 Mandatory

*10.00-10.99 Harmonic Balance (SFI 18-1)

otherwise, I think the driveshaft loop, battery tie down, helmet, jacket and whatnot go without saying.

saw some references to an SFI flexplate as well, might want to check it out.

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JOSH:
heres my girl

http://groups.msn.com/65fastback/shoebox.msnw

Yup nice looking car. IM trying to remember the engine the guy has in it, 389? He said its 6.X liters, is that right?

How fast you go?

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

DOH!!! Didn't think about that one.

I wonder if I run 11's N/A most of the time and only hit 10's occationally if they will notice? [Wink]

Thx for the link bro.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't forget the SFI flywheel. [patriot]
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:

DOH!!! Didn't think about that one.

I wonder if I run 11's N/A most of the time and only hit 10's occationally if they will notice? [Wink]

Thx for the link bro.

you will need a rear end eventually so there are your aftermarket axles right there.
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

True, but I wanna be the first LS1 around here to be in the 10's with a stock rear for awhile. Nobody else has have they? Oops, I think GREATWHITE is but he has only run 2 10's. [Wink]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:

What tires were you on?

and eventually mid 10s with my crappy ass out of the box unported heads.

then it's time for TEA CNC ported tfs heads, new cam, and new headers. Low 10s? Maybe more? Maybe not.

That was on my Quick Time Pros, the drag radials are already balding so I'm gonna cruise around on the slicks for a while.

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
IM trying to remember the engine the guy has in it, 389? He said its 6.X liters, is that right?

thanks , he probaly has a 390 I think that it is 6.3 liters.

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

What tires were you on?

and eventually mid 10s with my crappy ass out of the box unported heads.

then it's time for TEA CNC ported tfs heads, new cam, and new headers. Low 10s? Maybe more? Maybe not.

That was on my Quick Time Pros, the drag radials are already balding so I'm gonna cruise around on the slicks for a while.

I never said you wont go 10.2s with out of the box TFS heads on it.

But put some TEA TFS heads and the proper cam and watch the 9s look at you.

But your car is still ugly so not much you can do about that one [Smile]

I like Chris, he is a nice guy.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Chris M.
Member # 1708

I'm just pointing out that the car is performing exactly how I hoped it would and I'm very happy about that. I'm also very happy about how much more room for improvement there is without taking away any of the streetability of the car.

The uglyness is half the charm, plus who are you to talk about ugly... Captain Pace Car

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

quote:

The uglyness is half the charm, plus who are you to talk about ugly... Captain Pace Car

Sold that.

Have my Chevelle and its not ugly

Chris M.
Member # 1708

then it's obviously a 67 or earlier chevelle cuz if it's a 68+ then the pace car is more atractive
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

I hate you Mr Paint Job

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I hate you Mr Paint Job

LMFAO!!!! thats one of the funniest things ive read on here in a while! LMFAO [worship]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

There is a silo on hwy 99 between chico and sac with STARKEY written on the side with a house on top of it. Is that where you grew up?

Sell the chevelle and put the motor in a Dalorian (spelling?).

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com