Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from grudefest (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Results from grudefest
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're running a 50lbs MAF with 72 lbs injectors?
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
I made 5 passes with the 87gt. 2 1/2 track shut off passes and went 12.1and 12.2 then 2 full passes. 11.7 and 11.7 (both at 114) I could feel something was very wrong. The car nosed over VERY hard above 4200rpms. After much debate, mark and I guess that the custom chip was pulling out too much timing and possably running too rich. So for the last run we pulled the chip out set the timing on the low side and went 11.498 @ 119.46(with 6-7 pounds of boost). We guessed right. All the runs I made were made in drive letting the tranny shift by itsself (at 4800 rpm). I tried the AOD 1-2-1 shift handle came off in my hand. With a manual valve body, my wide ban 02 and some more tuning dare I say 10.99 at 125 or should i sell it and use the money to finish my car???? [burnout] [Confused] [Eek!]

sell it to me, lol
MJSbossman
¯
Member # 1557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJSbossman  Ford pictures for MJSbossman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good night, it was my first time at the drag strip. First run was a 14.0 at 102mph, my best run of the night was 13.54@105.05 with a 2.19 60'. I did screw up on 2/6 runs though. [Mad] I was beating some kid in a pre 99 GT, and on the 2-3 shift I fugged up and my whole rear end shook violently. [Embarrassed]

I'm hooked now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 18 | From: Sonoma State, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50lbs S/C meeter and 47lbs injectors P.S. i will lisen to any reasonable offer once I finish the few things left to fix. [burnout] [burnout] [Confused]

[ September 22, 2002, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
It was the little geek in the black RX7 was argueing over how it's not fair that LS1's have 5.7's and the LS1 guy was sayin why do you give a fuck if your car is twin turboed.
Was it displacement replacement that said this?
It has seemed to me in the past that he had only respect for american cars. [Confused]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is in reference to the argument between David and Ross while trying to figure out how to match up cars.
David wanted to do it mod for mod which is not applicable with such different cars. Ross was trying to do it by ET which is the only logical way to do it in this circumstance. But yes, David was showing respect for domestics.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car ran well last night. Too bad I really can't drive.

Last year stock, ran a 14.2 @ 100 w/a 2.39 60'.

Now, with $1k in mods... new best lastnight of 13.8 @ 104.45 w/a 2.22 60'.

Just gotta learn how to launch the sucker.

[Smile] [Cool]

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a lot of problems with my car running hot, overboost, fuel cut and other tuning issues.

I ran a new best of 13.15 @ 108. I also ran as bad as a 17 @ 65.

Was a fun night. The race with the red RX7 and the Red SS (the president of the norcal LS1 club) was set up by me.

His rx7 ran a 12.4 in that race, his best of the night was 12.2.

Some cool cars, I wish I could have ran good times.

David

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but you dont mention how your "buddy" got stomped by low tech lt1 ........the so called presidents car has a mild stall, pullies a lid and slicks......wow!! holy shit !! i saw numerous low 12 second ls1's @ 120 mph.......very nice stuff.........the f8lrx7killer busted a 11.1 or 11.2 at 122 mph..........thank you come again.

oh and i really think you should take a driving class, not talking shit, but your buddy has less mods than you and runs a full second faster at your same mph......hmmm

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JOSH:
quote:
It was the little geek in the black RX7 was argueing over how it's not fair that LS1's have 5.7's and the LS1 guy was sayin why do you give a fuck if your car is twin turboed.
Was it displacement replacement that said this?
It has seemed to me in the past that he had only respect for american cars. [Confused]

Josh,

You did not hear the entire conversation. The guy told me we cannot race mod for mod cause exhausts do alot for my car and nothing for his. He said Its NOT fair to compare a turbo to a N/A engine cause we can up the boost. thats when I said "Well you have 5.7 liters, I have 1.3, I need my turbos" Thats what i am talking about. You did not hear the entire conversation.

I am a software engineer so yes I am a geek and YES I respect american cars. What makes you think I don't? Cause I like my car?

David

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
This is in reference to the argument between David and Ross while trying to figure out how to match up cars.
David wanted to do it mod for mod which is not applicable with such different cars. Ross was trying to do it by ET which is the only logical way to do it in this circumstance. But yes, David was showing respect for domestics.

Thank you. This is exactly what happens when someone walks by and hears PART of a conversation.

David

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
but you dont mention how your "buddy" got stomped by low tech lt1 ........the so called presidents car has a mild stall, pullies a lid and slicks......wow!! holy shit !! i saw numerous low 12 second ls1's @ 120 mph.......very nice stuff.........the f8lrx7killer busted a 11.1 or 11.2 at 122 mph..........thank you come again.

oh and i really think you should take a driving class, not talking shit, but your buddy has less mods than you and runs a full second faster at your same mph......hmmm

I assume your talking to me. Ok, who is my buddy that has less mods than me and runs a full second faster? I ran a 13.15 @ 108. The guy that runs a 12.2 has WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY more mods than me. The guy that ran 13 flat has no cats.

I had fuelcut issues all day and overheating problems. Next, I don't know what the VP's car has and I don't care. He told me to my face that NO rx7 will beat him that night. He flat out told me my friend will not beat him, even though I told him he runs 12.2. What ever, they had a great race.

And yes I need driving lessons. Thats why I go to the track to get better.

I don't know who got stompped by a "lo-teck" LT1. I don't doubt it either. This guy in the RX7 that runs 12.2 is doing it on the stock twins, thats very impressive. I love his car.

There is always someone faster.

David

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they were staged directly in front of you.......i asked the track guy to set it up

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, if an aluminum, opti-spark, electric water pump, 6 speed tranny, ect LT1 is low-tech, what does that make those mid 1960's technology 5.O motors with early 80's german fuel injection ontop of them? [Eek!]
jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Damn, if an aluminum, opti-spark, electric water pump, 6 speed tranny, ect LT1 is low-tech, what does that make those mid 1960's technology 5.O motors with early 80's german fuel injection ontop of them? [Eek!]

lol.....you know what im sayin man! the lt1 technology isn't comparible with newer age crap........but ill take my pushrods anyday.

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

soslo
¯
Member # 1748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soslo  Ford pictures for soslo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by z ya:
Well, didnt get the 13.9's that we were shooting for but still had a bunch of fun. The little auto
GT ran a best of 14.11 at 99.69. Thats with the
wifes crappy 2.25 60 foot. then she let me drive
and I ran a 14.15 with a 2.11 60 foot and my ass
is 100 pounds more than her! So I know there is
a 13.9 in the car if she would just get a decent
60 foot.

Also met a few guys that post on here as well.
Toney with the silver LT1(good race!) and the
RX7 displacement replacement. Cool guys. Also
meet someone with the v6 stang but can remember
the name. cool dude as well. How did everyone else
do??????????

That was my black Trans Am that raced your wife when she got the 14.1 :-)

I raced displacement_replacement on the last race and pulled a 13.9@100.7 to his 13.8@102.8

My best run was my first run (5:45pm, and my new best ET): 13.56@104.3 with a (new best) 2.055 60 ft

My other runs were: 13.8@104.6, 13.8@103, and 13.8@104.4

Safety Tip: DO NOT let your hand slip off the shift knob while missing the 2-3 shift. My right thumb has a nice blood blister from being nearly ripped off during my last race [Frown] [Big Grin]

displacement > You did the single funniest thing the track has seen in a while when you staged with your rear tires. We need more humor at the track...it gets too serious sometimes.

[ September 23, 2002, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: soslo ]

--------------------
02 Trans Am :: M6 :: Black/Black
12.99 @ 109.6, 2.06 60' w/ Clear Lid, Stock 16" tires, cutout

312 RWHP / 330 RWTQ SAE (with lid)
329 RWHP / 343 RWTQ SAE (with lid and cutout)
337 RWHP / 348 RWTQ SAE (with lid and cutout and tuning)

BMR STB&SFC, Pro 5.0, QTEC, LS1Edit, 4.10s
outdated details @ http://freewebs.com/soslo

Posts: 36 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by soslo:
quote:
Originally posted by z ya:
Well, didnt get the 13.9's that we were shooting for but still had a bunch of fun. The little auto
GT ran a best of 14.11 at 99.69. Thats with the
wifes crappy 2.25 60 foot. then she let me drive
and I ran a 14.15 with a 2.11 60 foot and my ass
is 100 pounds more than her! So I know there is
a 13.9 in the car if she would just get a decent
60 foot.

Also met a few guys that post on here as well.
Toney with the silver LT1(good race!) and the
RX7 displacement replacement. Cool guys. Also
meet someone with the v6 stang but can remember
the name. cool dude as well. How did everyone else
do??????????

That was my black Trans Am that raced your wife when she got the 14.1 :-)

I raced displacement_replacement on the last race and pulled a 13.9@100.7 to his 13.8@102.8

My best run was my first run (5:45pm, and my new best ET): 13.56@104.3 with a (new best) 2.055 60 ft

My other runs were: 13.8@104.6, 13.8@103, and 13.8@104.4

Safety Tip: DO NOT let your hand slip off the shift knob while missing the 2-3 shift. My right thumb has a nice blood blister from being nearly ripped off during my last race [Frown] [Big Grin]

displacement > You did the single funniest thing the track has seen in a while when you staged with your rear tires. We need more humor at the track...it gets too serious sometimes.

that night was rather tense. While I was happy with a new record, I had so many issues, with my car overheating. my temps hit 114 on the way home when it was cold out. I was a few degrees away from blowing my engine. As far as staging, I never had that problem at sears and while I admit it had to have been stupid. I found it hard to get around the water box on the left lane and just messed up I guess. I dont know what to say I guess I passed the mark and when my rear wheels hit the beam I thought it was my front.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
staging with the rear tires is classic.
now what you're supposed to do, is *PRETEND* it was on purpose. you know, kind of like running the whole way down with the hazards on, etc. etc. [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
you know, kind of like running the whole way down with the hazards on, etc. etc.
Didn't Jayl lose $5 when he bet WHTELIE wouldn't do that??
Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
50lbs S/C meeter and 47lbs injectors

Okay, that makes sense... for some reason I thought they were 36lbs injectors modified to 72's, not 30lbs ones. No doubt the car is running rich with that MAF/injector setup. Tune it to 12:1 and let her rip....... or like Justin said, you can pulley it up and let the extra HP soak up the extra fuel its getting now [Big Grin]
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
soslo, nice run and nice t/a. She said it was pretty close but she got walked at the end. She
is getting alot bettter and it is cool as hell to
see your chick racing her own car!

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

no bet, i just offered to pay him!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Displacement_Replacement read my post again I was defending you , that did not sound like something you would say.(Maybe I was not clear)
As far as I can tell you are here to learn and have fun , not to start shit like some.

--------------------
65 fastback mustang

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by JOSH:
Displacement_Replacement read my post again I was defending you , that did not sound like something you would say.(Maybe I was not clear)
As far as I can tell you are here to learn and have fun , not to start shit like some.

I'm sorry guy...I misread your post. been a little defensive lately.

BTW.....your link your mustang is not working. I race this guy in a 67 mustang at sears point occasionaly (we have had 2 races). We are always neck and neck and when he breaks out of his time, I do the same, so its a cool competition, sorta.

Any pics? the fastbacks are cool looking.

DAvid

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

heres my girl

http://groups.msn.com/65fastback/shoebox.msnw

[ September 23, 2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: JOSH ]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com