Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from grudefest (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Results from grudefest
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, didnt get the 13.9's that we were shooting for but still had a bunch of fun. The little auto
GT ran a best of 14.11 at 99.69. Thats with the
wifes crappy 2.25 60 foot. then she let me drive
and I ran a 14.15 with a 2.11 60 foot and my ass
is 100 pounds more than her! So I know there is
a 13.9 in the car if she would just get a decent
60 foot.

Also met a few guys that post on here as well.
Toney with the silver LT1(good race!) and the
RX7 displacement replacement. Cool guys. Also
meet someone with the v6 stang but can remember
the name. cool dude as well. How did everyone else
do??????????

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man did you see that RX-7 guy arguing with the nor-cal ls1 guy, hahahahaha that was hilarious.
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found out I still have a long way to go just to hit the 14's. I have a 95 GT with flows, o/r BBK H, Densecharger CAI, and a K&N breather valave and ran an absolutely sad 15.9 twice. I didn't want to warm up the tires since I was on my street tires which I'm sure killed a lot of time but I need a better reaction. .715 just isn't cuttin it for me. Plus with the auto I need a shift kit because my car shifts way too hard. A lot of work however much fun was still in place. Met a cool guy Todd aka 1sicstang, nice talking to him. Good stuff hope you all faired way better than I did. [patriot]
Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was your mph? shouldn't take much more than 88 mph or so to nab a 14.9

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Naw, I didnt see it. What rx 7 was it? The one running 12.40's? I saw one rx run the ls1 dude
and he beat him with a 12.4 to the ls1's 12.6.
Very good race!

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was at 87.2. I peeled the shit out of it at the start cause I didn't warm the tires. I'm sure if I wasn't a pussy I could've popped at least a 15 but I need these tires to last. It was the little geek in the black RX7 was argueing over how it's not fair that LS1's have 5.7's and the LS1 guy was sayin why do you give a fuck if your car is twin turboed. Made sense to me.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
grudge night = run what you brung, and no whining [Big Grin] [BS flag]
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was cool meeting u guys, i ran a 13.9 in my friends 96z28 he ran a 13.8 both at 100 mph. it was a great night but tooo many ppl

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey I had a dissappointing night of two shit runs no ifs ands or buts about it although I still know my car is capable of more than I made it perform. It was my first time at the track so I'll get better as a driver which I'm sure will also help my time a lot. I'll take any tips I can get though. [worship] I did find out one positive I found out it was quicker if I leave it in drive rather than shift my way through 1,2, and D.
FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i took out my GF's 96 Z28 and did damn well considering the car is bonestock not one mod done to it!

Reaction.650, 60ft'- 2.12 and 14.165@98.869 MPH, running with alot of new GT's [Big Grin] modded ones at that [Eek!] [Big Grin]

and this lt1 is a automatic also and is on 245/50/16 street tires

--------------------
Mods: SLP Cold Air, 85MM Maf, 1LE Inatke Elbow, Custom Muffler, OBD1 CPU
AIM: FireChickenLS1

Posts: 1310 | From: Livermore,CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was pretty happy with what I ran. I didn't think I'd do so well with juice on an N/A setup. I just wish I would have ran less than 3/4 tank of gas and actually tuned it before I got to the track.

Best run:

11.13@122.7mph 1.63 60'

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it was pretty fun, f8l congrats, and it was funny watchin your old car run with ya! lol.....and displacement replacement and his buddy we had a chat with.......i couldnt believe his friend throw the hazards on a bolt on ls1!! so we had brian (WHYT LIE) start on the line with the hazards on........funny ass shit......

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MustangSS:
hey I had a dissappointing night of two shit runs no ifs ands or buts about it although I still know my car is capable of more than I made it perform. It was my first time at the track so I'll get better as a driver which I'm sure will also help my time a lot. I'll take any tips I can get though. [worship] I did find out one positive I found out it was quicker if I leave it in drive rather than shift my way through 1,2, and D.

Man tell me about it, boy do I need to learn how to drive. Even though it was my first time I thought I would do better my best was a 14.3 @ 101. Oh well, Had a lot of fun, bunch of my buddys were there and I finaly got to see one of the run his 55 pick up. Time for some practice and and get some small parts then have her tuned hopefully I will have it done by the 26 for the next grude night. Them damn guys on the bikes are nuts, some of their times were crazy.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I made 5 passes with the 87gt. 2 1/2 track shut off passes and went 12.1and 12.2 then 2 full passes. 11.7 and 11.7 (both at 114) I could feel something was very wrong. The car nosed over VERY hard above 4200rpms. After much debate, mark and I guess that the custom chip was pulling out too much timing and possably running too rich. So for the last run we pulled the chip out set the timing on the low side and went 11.498 @ 119.46(with 6-7 pounds of boost). We guessed right. All the runs I made were made in drive letting the tranny shift by itsself (at 4800 rpm). I tried the AOD 1-2-1 shift handle came off in my hand. With a manual valve body, my wide ban 02 and some more tuning dare I say 10.99 at 125 or should i sell it and use the money to finish my car???? [burnout] [Confused] [Eek!]

[ September 22, 2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say put the small pulley on it (12+lbs of boost?) and tune it. I still think set up right it could go low 10's.

How were you launching with the converter? Flashing it or stalling it up?

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No stall idle launch. That was my first time in a auto car. Every car I have ever owned is a stick. So the auto was a new experance for me. Justin if i can get the car to the 11.1-11.2 range do you want to race???? [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
quote:
Originally posted by MustangSS:

Man tell me about it, boy do I need to learn how to drive. Even though it was my first time I thought I would do better my best was a 14.3 @ 101. Oh well, Had a lot of fun, bunch of my buddys were there and I finaly got to see one of the run his 55 pick up. Time for some practice and and get some small parts then have her tuned hopefully I will have it done by the 26 for the next grude night. Them damn guys on the bikes are nuts, some of their times were crazy.
You could at least go a 13.7 with that mph.

--------------------
Support our troops!

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Heck ya John. but I may be doing the new heads/cam soon.

Ohh, I remembered. When I used to run it, the reason I used to manually shift it is because I would shift at close to 6k. If I did the stock shift points I lost all kinds of ET. I would get it dyno'd and see where power falls off but I can bet money that if the fuel is ok you're making power WAY past 4800rpm. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John- What did you do to it to make the GT run? As for the chip pulling out timing at upper RPM's, I'm willing to bet money that the timing "curve" is pretty damn flat after 3,000ish RPM.
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

I will check the AFR with the wide band this week and try learn the AOD shuffle. It has fuel I just need to get the timing and shift stuff nailed down. Just so you know I have over 70 hours of time in this thing and two tool throwing fits to get it to this point. It was NOT a easy fix. [burnout] [burnout] [worship]

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

With the stock timing curve yes. full advance is set by approx 3300-3500 set at 21+ base timing it is possable that the car was going rich above 4200rpms I wont know for sure untill I put the wide ban on it. With a custom chip it is possable to change the timing scales to what ever you want. [burnout] [burnout] [worship]

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
With a custom chip it is possable to change the timing scales to what ever you want. [burnout] [burnout] [worship]

What I was saying is that its uncharacteristic for JMS to set the "curve" differently that what I said earlier. I'm sure you can call him up and have him look at the specs of that chip he programmed for Justin and tell you what it does.

[ September 22, 2002, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was happy with my times sat. My first run ever with the 99 formula was a 13.780 @ 107.357 mph, 2.510 60 foot. Best of the night was a 13.502 @ 105.221 mpg, 2.316 60 ft. I think theres more in it if I can learn how to launch this thing. Even so, not bad for just a lid and muffler [Smile]

As always, I saw a lot of cool cars and met a lot of cool people.

Who was in the silver 5.0 on the way home from the track?(Near the martinez bridge)Car # 403 I think. That car sounds damn scary on the freeway. Nice Car!

Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Threesixes:
I was happy with my times sat. My first run ever with the 99 formula was a 13.780 @ 107.357 mph, 2.510 60 foot. Best of the night was a 13.502 @ 105.221 mpg, 2.316 60 ft. I think theres more in it if I can learn how to launch this thing. Even so, not bad for just a lid and muffler [Smile]

As always, I saw a lot of cool cars and met a lot of cool people.

Who was in the silver 5.0 on the way home from the track?(Near the martinez bridge)Car # 403 I think. That car sounds damn scary on the freeway. Nice Car!

learn to drive a lil better and launch a better and i see 12s easily out of ur car [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mods: SLP Cold Air, 85MM Maf, 1LE Inatke Elbow, Custom Muffler, OBD1 CPU
AIM: FireChickenLS1

Posts: 1310 | From: Livermore,CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

You may be right the only reason i suspect timing is because the paperwork that came with the chip, said 28 total timing at midrange ramping down to 21 total at the top end this is with the timing set at 10. It is VERY possable that it was fuel. the meeter is 50lbs with a S/C cal and the chip was set to enrich the fuel curve 10% the paper work is not clear if the 10% is including or excluding the the richen already built into the meeter i will wide ban it find out for sure [burnout] [burnout] [worship] [Confused]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com