Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sacramento Raceway Event (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sacramento Raceway Event
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Greg what do you want for it?

Any interest in my Chevelle?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So then trbo50 is that cool mother fucka that I bought all of the suspension out of that old yellow coupe from?

Mr. NC??

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By the rules set so far the Bounty Hunter car is not allowed seeing that I'm not an EFI car.
Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Nelson  Ford pictures for Dean Nelson  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bounty Hunter, sit tight. If we don't get 16 in the class it will be opened up.

I saw you running at Sac August 03, and I would love to see you running in the competition. I can't open it up yet, but I have a feeling it will. The first non-EFI spot is reseved for you. Actually, send me your info... I'll insert another table on the Sign Up page for alternates.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey dan...haven't quite worked out a price yet...the car (mechnically) is almost done but i need to get it painted and do something about an interior. you know me and interiors don't get along (maroon car).

i will have more info for ya when it gets closer to actually being posted for sale. i would love a chevelle, but i'm looking for cash as i am buying a motor with the sale money. car has the best of the best but its just gonna need a lot of man hours to get the cosmetics finally finished up.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Teamsolo has sold out. He has switched teams and is now behind the wheel of a chevy, those fords were just to fast for him, too bad Greg, some day you will realize the terrible mistake you have made and come back to the all mighty Ford.

Hey, just giving you hard time...

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haaaaaaaa, whats up jason...how was the last time out at the track? hit me up on email w/ times [Wink]

we'll be going back out soon to get that thing dialed in on the motor...hoping for a 9.60 before gear change and squeeze...almost there....then after the mustang sells...the 'BIG' motor goes in!!! [Smile]

--------------------

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Id really like to see this open to non EFI cars too. [Frown]

But what can ya do?

lol

Greg give me a ballpark when you can please.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Myabe you can stipulate LATE model non-EFI ok?

The problem we had at our GM shootout was a bunch of 69 Camaros and such showed up and it kinda threw off the whole thing. I wanna see late model cars, not a bunch of rusted out 60's muscle cars whoopin my ass! [Wink]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan you have too many cars already! But the yellow coupe will be a good buy to replace them all.
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bounty Hunter car NEEDS to be in Vegas this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't want any excuses!
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Dan...I will definitely let you know. I don't have full car pics..but I have one of the back of the car, trunk with wiring, mid plate and motor plate shots. Shoot me an email to TeamSOLO50@aol.com and I will send the pics. Its multi colored right now and will be painting after all mechanical and electrical are complete, bout a month out now.

Trbo50, good luck this weekend. Your sixty foot is in jeapordy [Wink]

Bounty, tell Ben to stop growing up and thinking about buying a house [Smile] Why is he trying to be all responsible? The racing scene has lost another [Frown] hehehehe

--------------------

Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Nelson  Ford pictures for Dean Nelson  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Myabe you can stipulate LATE model non-EFI ok?

Definitely a possibility.

There is something else to work out too, and that's the disparity between the "Limited 16" cars. With ten classes already, I don't want to create even more, but then it isn't quite fair to have a 9 second car vs. 8 sec vs. 7 sec, etc., now is it.

TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I can get a few cars for this. If there was only like..50-60 cars, it would be better. (of course for $100 a piece..I could forget that) But just let me know a date.
Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

The projected dates on Sep or Oct, '03. Although an Oct date is more popular, I may be getting the Sep date so that if it rains, we still have another date to shoot for.
Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

BTW, sign ups are not at the level I had hoped for by this point, and no where near what we would need to take the next step. So far:

17 - Turbo Buick club
9 - NorCal LS1/LT1
4 - 98Cobra.com
2 - Bay Area F-Body / NCRC
1 - Girly Girl Racing
1 - Viper Club of America
0 - Norcal SVT

34 cars, that's all.

Today I contacted the local SyTy guys (can't believe I forgot them!), and sent an e-mail to a Lightning guy in hopes of finding a local contact for that group.

If you want this to happen, we need to reach more people, and I need your help in doing this.

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cmon people sign up this will be badass

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm one of the 11 people in class "5" [Big Grin] [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

Please see the updated website, Sac Shootout 2003

Highlights:

- Lower per-car price ($60 pre-reg)

- Looks like we just might be going forward with this. [Smile] Sponsors are joining up, and we (NorCal Turbo Buicks) are putting up some cash too in order to secure the track... hopefully we will recoup our gamble!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO GET PRELIMINARY SIGN UPS!! If we aren't warm & fuzzy by the time we have to reserve the track, it ain't happenin'!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just bringing this post to the top again.

Dean- I wouldn't worry about sign ups. This site alone can mobilize a huge amount of EFI Ford powered cars towards the track. As the final event date is set and draws closers, you'll see sign-ups surge [patriot]

Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

ttt
Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

After months of unreturned phone calls and e-mails, I finally got through to someone. They sent me a letter that asked for more than what I am willing or want to provide, with things like an advertising plan with $$ amounts dedicated to TV / radio / publications, Fed ID #, detailed lists of the areas in which the facility will be utilized, details "which makes your event unique enough to be considered", etc. They elude to spending thousands of dollars in promotions (!!!). This is a helluva lot more than I'm willing to stick my neck out for, and I don't like being jerked around being told one thing at one point, and then, months later, "by the way" when it comes right down to it with a bunch more requirements.

There is obviously a communication problem, and not on my part. When this started, I couldn't have been any clearer with my intentions.

My goal was to simply rent the track for a day for our use, but they want me to set up and advertise the event as if I am a professional promoter. Also, looking at their schedule (http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/srpcal.htm), they gave away the September Grudge Fest date to JR Drags / Summit Series that I was originally told we could have, so there is no backup date if the weather sucks in Oct.

So I'm done. If they don't want my $8-9k ($5k full profit for them), so be it... I don't need the aggravation. It would have been fun, particularly since more sponsors were willing to "sweeten the pot".

See you at the track.

Best regards,

Dean

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks. Perhaps you misunderstood them? Though they require a promotor have you ever tried to contact the promoter for the 'grudge night' events at Sac raceway?

No offense intended for the guy, but it's hardly a professional thing. It's the guys house, you get an answering machine about him and his wife and mentions nothing about any event unless he picks up. Usually the conversation goes "ummm, is this the grudge night line???".

Anyways, probably all they ask for is a phone # people can call, maybe you should try and figure out what they really meant? I mean it sounds like you have eliminated promotion/marketing by using message board based signups.

Perhaps we can move the venue down to Palmdale for the march 8/9 mustang drag day 5 [Big Grin]
Some of us are going there anyways.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com