Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sacramento Raceway Event (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sacramento Raceway Event
Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Nelson  Ford pictures for Dean Nelson  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would you be interested in a racing event @ Sac?

We have some Turbo Regal owners in the San Francisco Bay Area that have been pondering the idea of renting Sac for a day of drag racing. I have brought this up with the F-Body groups and interest has been shown. See http://www.norcal-ls1.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14003&perpage=15&pagenumber=1.

I had originally envisioned a simple T&T day where we could have the run of the facility with very little waiting, but there was not enough interest (read: not enough cars would be there to make it cost-viable), so now we are looking into making it a TR / F-Body / Mustang / ??? competition. In order to make if favorable to many different ET ranges, we are going to work on setting up classes that will ensure that anyone has a chance at bringing home a trophy, and maybe some $$. We will probably have a "Quick 16" class for the hardcore folks, but mainly I would like to see something for us average folk.

One of our club members works near, and knows, Bill at APEX Motorsports in San Jose (where we had a BBQ and some of our cars up on the dyno a few weeks ago) and is going to bring it up with him as well. If there is interest from his customers, then we may have some Vipers in attendance as well.

So, is there interest here?

--------------------
Dean
86 Buick T-Type
117k mile, untouched stock block/heads/intake
408 RWHP, 500# RWTQ (SAE)

12.10 @ 113.25, 1.77 60'
21* WOT timing, ~22-23psi boost, 100 unleaded, through the cat

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would be interested defnatley.

--------------------
Support our troops!

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was trying to do the samething but a Ford Shootout. I was told that we would need over a 100 cars plus spectators to be able to do a shootout. If we can do one big event with you and the fbodys that would be kewl. You will find plenty of people on here that will want to do this. You can count me in. Do you have a date yet. I was told that everything is booked for this year. BTW going the way of renting the track is very expensive up to 5k I belive. Where as if you can convince Sac Race way to put the event on then people would pay when they get there and it would probably cost somewhere around what a TNT cost. That way one person doesn't have to worry about collecting the money and putting up the cash to rent the track.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
trbo50
¯
Member # 1671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbo50  Ford pictures for trbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you guys recall a few years back. Sacramento Mustang used to sponsor an all Ford event every summer. The event attracted plenty of Fords for bracket, test n tune and a headsup class. I'm all for any type of event here up in Northern CA.

Norman

Dean Nelson
¯
Member # 1725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Nelson  Ford pictures for Dean Nelson  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, ~$5k. What would be nice about us local clubs putting it on would be being able to limit the # of cars, like maybe 125. 5000/125= $40 each. If we bumped that to $60 (worth it IMO, to not wait in long lines), we would have $2500 available for trophies (~$200-300) & cash pay out (~$2200-2300). If we can hook up with some sponsors for goody bags, all the better. Quick 16 would get the bigger piece of the pie (~$500+), though not hugely, so if a bigger payout is desired, they can pool more $$.

We can probably get ~20 Turbo Buicks. NorCal F-body cars would be ~40-50. If we can round up ~40 Mustangs, were are getting real close. We might be able to close the gap with some Vipers & Vettes.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$60 would be more than worth it to me. Lets make this thing work! [patriot]

Like Mark, (bunchmyfunky), asked, do you have any dates in mind?

I'm sure you will get plenty of cooperation from people on this board. 40 pony's shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm definitely interested in this type of event. If we need more people, maybe the Corvette guys on corvetteforum.com? I've seen them over at Sac Raceway quite a few times.

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds pretty cool, depending on what the classes are gonna be i'm very interested, because i'm basically stock.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Tim
¯
Member # 1467

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tim  Ford pictures for Tim    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would be awesome, keep everyone posted!

--------------------
'90_5.0_Guy18

Posts: 100 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds sweet!$30 to $40 would be a good range and a limit of cars would be good as well.
Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im in as well as a few friends of mine...as long as i get the day off work [patriot]
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im down... as lonf as its not a mon=thurs night, im cool. $60 is cool, especially if the wait is alot less...keep us posted with dates,etc
Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool..let me knwo when this will take place!!

--------------------
=(

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think this is a great idea, so who's going to start figuring out dates?

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah Dean and I have been hashing out classes and rules over at Norcal-LS1... I believe Dean is talking about October of 2003 since everythign is pretty much booked for this season. october would work awesome since weather should be cooler and people would be running their bests at that time....

I'm going to talk to dean about making it similar to how Englishtown runs their EFI GMHTP Shootout in New Jersey.... It's GM vs Ford vs Dodge vs everything as long as it's an EFI STREET CAR!!!

WE are going to make sure that we don't have fringe streetcars with lexan windows and twin turbo's with a 500 shot..... This will be an event for street cars with up to date registrations/tags, insurance etc..... Basically like a gigantic put up or shut up street race with all the cars you'd see on a Saturday night at your local hangouts.

The Quick 16 will be for the psycho street cars like me, Brian (WHYT LIE), Mike Camara?, and a few of your heavy hitters over here like Harold and a few others I can think of...

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Mathers:

..... This will be an event for street cars with up to date registrations/tags, insurance etc.....

I'll be there....... [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'll be there
OH SHIT......

*goes and gets ass lube for the track raping to be handed out*......

Where the hell is Johnsan Enecials number when ya need it???? [Big Grin]

Hey John HOW IN THE BLOODY HELL do you get that thing past smog??? well nevermind cause I'm sure you got a way.. but if you have tags/insurance more power to ya...... [worship] [worship]

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HAHAHAHA....uh oh, Big Johns coming out to play [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get kevin with the green stang 331 procharged........to come out too

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Well it's cool cause we will have LJ's green 96 Z there who's stepping up his combo over his current 383 (9.92@139mph)...

And by then we'll also have two big bore 422ci LS1's with nitrous. One auto and one stick... (RalphG and PostalSS)..... Not to mention a few mid to low 10 second cars. My tuning will be long done by then [Smile]

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
$60 would be more than worth it to me. Lets make this thing work! [patriot]

Like Mark, (bunchmyfunky), asked, do you have any dates in mind?

I'm sure you will get plenty of cooperation from people on this board. 40 pony's shouldn't be a problem.

just say when Ill be their

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure it won't be the fastest car there. There is always somebody faster, but I'll run, win or lose cause it's fun to run.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow by 10/03 i cant imagine how fast i will be, hopefully pulling 10's or low 11's. Im definetely gonna be down for this.
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be ready by then [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Oh I just got word about LJ's new combo. The current S trim combo with 12 psi of boost was good for 9.92@137.... He's now stepping up to a YS trim with 20+ psi of boost!!!! OMG!!! LJ says should be good for easy low 9's..... So John it looks like there will be at least one F-body to compete with you....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com