Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » fox mustang, 11.2 @ 120 twice in a row tonight (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: fox mustang, 11.2 @ 120 twice in a row tonight
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who is that guy? full interior, vortech blown w/aftercooler, no hood.

far lane

note: no hood

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aftercooler not included.

Here's the rundown. Only 2 passes made due getting the car together only a few hours earlier.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You where at the track?

ps- are you running the 274 cam?

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who me? yah I run the 274 cam.

nice runs 90GT, fastest stang at the track (that I saw)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree ghetto racer:
who me? yah I run the 274 cam.

Where were you hiding tonight?

And how would you say the idle of this hatch back on this post compares to your coupes?

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:
Aftercooler not included.

Here's the rundown. Only 2 passes made due getting the car together only a few hours earlier.

damn, are you running stock gears or something?!

60's should be WAY down, since I see ET Streets on there...eh?

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man, that car was hot!
he ran right before me!
wicked fast!

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Blownhatch
¯
Member # 167

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blownhatch  Ford pictures for Blownhatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the Combo
Posts: 427 | From: Protected Witness | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like Jeff's car. Glad to see he got it runnin. His car is running a Vortech S-trim no Aftercooler, 306, Alum. Heads, Downs shortbox, 3.73, 42lb injectors, etc, etc. The car runs like a monster, and destroys T-5's at will I have seen that car go 1.5 60ft with no suspension. And on the street he rolls with 18's in the front and 20's in the rear. One nice car!

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: BLWN99SNK ]

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Posts: 202 | From: Northern, Ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
hidden
¯
Member # 486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidden  Ford pictures for hidden  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you sure thats jeffs car ron?

It looks like his Rims in the front.. But I thought his car was a 92 or so.. Not a 90. I guess the SN could be wrong.. Also the 60s seem high for a 11.2 run and 124 mph. I duno.. Hes got the C-4 auto in there so I dont know how that effects the 1/4 mile since i'm a stick guy.

Dave

--------------------
http://www.rcip.com/hidden/car.html

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it is his car. 90GT is his brother Scott. Yeah his 60ft's are probably down, cause of the auto. He needs to go with a trans-brake, and that thing would be a monster off the line!

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

hidden
¯
Member # 486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidden  Ford pictures for hidden  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott I thought you said he was running 36s or 30s not 42s...

You put that blower on yet?

Gawd I want it back.. hehe.. Er.. Guess i'll get one again in a 6 months or so..

Dave

--------------------

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ron-The 60fts should come down when it stops spinning the tires out of the hole, and a continental converter might not hurt either, lol.

Dave-He just stepped up to the 42s and also a victor intake. The blower still sits in the same spot I put it the day I brought it home. So it might still be there in 6 months, ha.

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey scott what do you think about me adding a damn c4 since my rear main decide to leak all over the damn centerforce?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
since my rear main decide to leak all over the damn centerforce?

Welcome to the club!

hidden
¯
Member # 486

Yeah i triple the seal leak

--------------------

hidden
¯
Member # 486

Its funny how they never give him a hassle for running a 11 sec.. They hassle me for everything.. Is he slipping a 20 to that bitch of a employee.. You know the one.. The mean bitch that works there in the staging area.. ERRR.. shes the only reason I dont go much anymore.

Dave

--------------------

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Scott: Tell Jeff to come pick this converter up. Its a deal he can't pass up.

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike-It depends on how much you drive the car. Jeff rarely drives his plus his street tires are almost 28" tall so he has a little less rpm than you would on the freeway. A tko would be more streetable but would cost more too so you have to decide which is important to you. The easiest way to tell if you could deal with no OD would be to do as Sawson suggested, drive around in 4th.

Dave-He did get a warning after the second pass. But Mary the lady you spoke of no longer works at the track.

Ron-Will do.

hidden
¯
Member # 486

Scott.. - Really... Cool.. Dumb bitch. Maybe I should start going again..

I need to get my Wideband up and working so I can use it.. Right now the speedbrain is lost.

Dave

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by hidden:
Right now the speedbrain is lost.

Some can argue speedbrain was lost from the get go

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: st5150 ]

hidden
¯
Member # 486

quote:
Some can argue speedbrain was lost from the get go

Yeah.. Some could say that.. But when it works.. It works.. And you can see whats going on while driving. Its a step up from my EEC-tuner. Plus I can run the 55lb injectors without a hitch.

Dave

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by hidden:

Yeah.. Some could say that.. But when it works.. It works.. And you can see whats going on while driving. Its a step up from my EEC-tuner. Plus I can run the 55lb injectors without a hitch.

Dave

Yeah, I just fired up the software for the first time in over a year. The spark table still makes the program crash, but it has all the major controls needed to tune, but not as many as the EEC-TUNER. If Matt Happy was a better bussiness man, I'm sure the product would have been more popular. It came out around the same time of the EEC tuner (late 98/early 99 if I remember right). Speed Brain had much more pizzas and hype. Even 2 years ago few knew of the EEC-TUNER. Look at how the tables have switched in almost 4 years.

-Sawson

ps- regarding your 'poll' on the corral... I'm just waiting for one of those fools to tell you to get AFR's and a custom cam.... good for 117+ mph they claim! LOL

hidden
¯
Member # 486

quote:
Yeah, I just fired up the software for the first time in over a year. The spark table still makes the program crash, but it has all the major controls needed to tune, but not as many as the EEC-TUNER. If Matt Happy was a better bussiness man, I'm sure the product would have been more popular. It came out around the same time of the EEC tuner (late 98/early 99 if I remember right). Speed Brain had much more pizzas and hype. Even 2 years ago few knew of the EEC-TUNER. Look at how the tables have switched in almost 4 years.

-Sawson

ps- regarding your 'poll' on the corral... I'm just waiting for one of those fools to tell you to get AFR's and a custom cam.... good for 117+ mph they claim! LOL

Yeah I would agree. What version are you using of the Speedbrain Software. Mine never crashes. My EEC-tuner is great as it has many things to change compared to the EEC-TUNER.. I just got it back from the Data Log upgrade and haven't even tried it.. I may never. Its a Backup incase the Speedbrain ever dies on me. Gotta always be ready.

-----------
This is for Scott.. Heres a simple math to show Jeff.

Injector Size = HP * BSFC
------------

Hes running about 525 to the Rear or so. With 42 lb injectors.. Thats about 600 HP at Flywheel..

600 * .5
-------------

This comes out to 37 lb injectors.. And thats 100% DC. Typically if you wanted to run no more than 80% DC should be

600 * .5
------------
8 * .8

= 46 lb injectors would be needed.

Now you can see why I melted #7 and #8 down.. The Data log shows 100% dc for the last 500 rpm up to 6000 rpm. Not good.

Now if hes running race gas i'm not quite sure how that effects the ratio. It must be helping alot..

Dave

--------------------

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thing the decision has been made, go with a new clutch at the moment, and ill do the seals on the t5, and throw it in. I called d and d and he said the only diference between the tko and the 3550 is the shafts supposedly the tko hold 50 more ft lbs all internals are the same. So ill run the t5 until it breaks and go with the 3550 afterwords. That way i wont have to replace a clutch again.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com