Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » WOOHOO !!!!! Went to Sac tonight for test and tune. Results inside !!!! (LONG story) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: WOOHOO !!!!! Went to Sac tonight for test and tune. Results inside !!!! (LONG story)
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sawson's got the ET drags. I'm sure they hook better. I'm in Fremont, sure you can have 'em for Friday, but sawsons doubtless will get you a better ET.
Ours are both almost exactly the same size, 8.5" wide. If you run a 275 drag radial, you'll be stepping down considerably.

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Joe,
My Nittos are 245/50-16 on my Ponies
Sawson's E.T. Drags would be great, but I want to go on Friday when they are actually prepping the track. I was told by the people at the track that they don't really prep the track on Wednesday's or Saturday's for Grudge because there are too many "street" cars.
So I feel that E.T. Streets on a prepped track would hook a hell of a lot better than E.T. Drags on a night with little to no prep

I'll e-mail you

BTW, how goes the head install? I saw the pictures of your port work, they look good.

Thanks again
Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian-
Well, since the Corral crashed as I was trying to respond to you in the Drag Racing forum I will hop over here. I plan to be there Fri. w/ a new set of 3.73's!

I also plan to help you empty that rolling gym locker of yours and at least ice your intake. If you want to try my short belt, you can. Chirag might be there, as well.
Rock and Roll!

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3.73's???? on an AOD car? with a stock converter??? What's up with that??

If you are going to have the gears installed, make sure you bring a helmet because you will probably run a 13.86 (Just pulling numbers out of the air)

I am going to remove the passenger seat at home (since I am going to need the room to put the other tires) I wanted to get the battery moved into the trunk before Friday but it doesn't look promising

See you at the track
Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, what my fender did to stocker's ET Streets was nothing compared to what he did to them with his own $10 Harbor Frieght 'calibrated' Torque wrench

Taking out the seat works out really well for ice chest and tire-room making:

(excuse the crappy picture quality)

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes sawson, I know you didn't do anything to my tires, but I was just joking 'cause at one point you thought you did. I'm sure you remember...
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congratulations on the new times!!!!!!!!!!!!
respectable numbers!

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com