Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » LIARS at the track! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: LIARS at the track!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Np Bro, I just copied it then did the [url] thing. :)
Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOLY SHIT !! i thought f-bodys were alot heavier then that !! my car is 3820#s w/ me in it !!!..you car isnt too far off fox-body stang.. my 86 5.0(one of the lighter 5.0s) was 3075 w/o me in it(im 170#s)so thats about 3245 w/ me in it ..your damm close to a stock 87-93 LX, and about the same as a 87-93 GT.. im making 462RWHP on the dyno w/ no air running through the I/C..as im rolling it goes up ..so im closer to 475-480RWHP...
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jay's car is a little lighter than most F-bod's although its still heavy. My 2000 T/A weighs 3550 w/out me and 3700 w/me.. But T/A's tend to be a little heavier than Z28's... The leather seats dont help any either Hahaha
Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh i just read all the posts over and i see LPEdave was running ET streets?? aahhh.. now i see where his 60-foots came from !! and i was feeling bad there for a bit.. hey dave ever run your car w/o the slicks ? sure would like to know what you run in STREET trim.... later...
gabriel

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait a minute Gabe, ET Streets are considered street tires. They are DOT legal and I've driven on them on the freeway and as long as you're running about 30psi in em they do just fine. The word "street trim" can have different meanings to different people but I have to believe that even though it stretches the "street" application in it's name the ET Street is a bonafide DOT legal tire. However on Drag Radials there have been a few f-bodies that have gotten low 1.8 sec 60' times so ET streets or not I think dave's car could cut those short times. I know i'll get people to disagree but I just can't call an ET Street although similar in design and construction a "full slick" like what I run now. They certainly don't hook as well as an ET Drag. That's been scientifically proven by me on my own car. Here's my best 60 foots in order of tires I was running.

BF Goodrich Radial T/A's 275/50/15- 2.02
ET Streets 26x11.5x16-1.70
M&H Racemaster 26x10 full slicks-1.63
28x10.5W ET Drags-1.58 :-O

The ET Drags are the heat. :-)

LPEdave
Member # 19

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LPEdave  Ford pictures for LPEdave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gabriel,

I run Kumhos normally on the street, and they're horrible at the drag strip (I haven't tried, but I know some folks that did). I have no plans on running them, or any other highway-type tire on the drag strip!

I also have no plans on poking myself in the eye with a sharp stick :)

Dave

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

call them what you want.. the mickey thompson web-site says that are not suitable for normal highway use.<<-- you call that a street tire?
later..
gabriel

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I call a street tire any tire that I run where a cop doesn't write me a ticket if I get pulled over or calls me a towtruck to tow my ride away.... As far as what their website says I'll agree that it isn't a tire you'd load the kids in the car and take for a trip up to Tahoe with but from what I hear Nitto Drag Radials and BFG's in the rain will have you eating a tree if you're not careful. So some people would say that that isn't a street tire also. I say the only TRUE street tire is a normal everyday grooved radial that can absorb 30,000+ miles without being bald as a babies butt. I think the ET Street, DR, and nitto are purpose built racing tires and fall in a class all their own. But I consider that to be the SAME class (ET, DR, and Nitto all clumped together).... But like I said to each his own...:-)
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to agree with Marshall Mathers on this one. Traction is the name of the game. There are two types of tires, DOT aproved and non DOT. Period.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com