Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cafords Member Encounter w/ Police -- HIDNNOS (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cafords Member Encounter w/ Police -- HIDNNOS
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
Make it right [Roll Eyes]

-

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So if don win his law suit does that mean he will finally move out of ex house an start paying rent.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
His job is to control only if there is a crime being committed.
Well no, that's not the case. A cop can question you, detain you, put you in handcuffs during his investigation. You can be arrested on suspicion of having committed a crime. Whether or not a crime was actually committed is determined in court. Telling a cop "I don't need to comply with you because I feel I'm innocent" is not going to work. Anywhere. Anytime.

quote:
That officer gave exactly zero reason for being there.
He didn't have to. It is their job to patrol the streets. Sure you can film it. That TV show Cops has been on for years before cell phone cameras were popular.

quote:
Once again if you or I did what that cop did we would be in jail. Police are not above the law, they have to enforce AND obey the same laws.
That's not exactly true either. The difference between us and cops is they have a badge which allows them, within reason, to break laws that you and I would be arrested for so they can do their job. You can argue what does "Within reason" mean and that's a very valid point. There's been a lot of headlines / videos where it's questionable or even not "within reason". Just don't make a bad situation worse by fighting with a cop. If it's not within reason, hire Burris, take it to court, and sue the city for a few million but do that afterwards.

quote:
I could care less if the guy is an asshole or not.
The cop probably does. The cop is walking into an unknown situation. He will be on high alert. The best thing you can do is lower his alert level by acting sensible and reasonable. I doubt there's anything you can say to a cop that he hasn't heard before. But start acting dangerous, or weird or evasive and he'll keep one hand on his holster.

quote:
And I am guessing that if the cop tells you to get on your knees and open your mouth you would because you are not a lawyer?
Get real.

[ 2015-08-11, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cop walked into a situation he did not need to, nor had the right too. The cop escalated the violence immediately. The cop was out of line and violated 1st and 4th amendment rights immediately without cause.

A cop can question you but you have exactly zero reason or lawful need to answer him unless he detains you. You can tell a cop to go fuck his mom until he detains you. And he cannot detain you for telling him to go fuck his mom.

The cop got out of the car because the guy was filming him. the cop even admitted to that. So the cop escalates a situation with threat of death because someone is exercising their 1st amendment rights.

Once again the cop was out of line, on a power trip and should be in jail for brandishing and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

There was ZERO reason for the encounter. If there was the cop would have detained him. The cop walked into an unneeded unknown situation and escalated it.

[ 2015-08-11, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
So if don win his law suit does that mean he will finally move out of ex house an start paying rent.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ LMAO

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a great thread with a *mostly* thoughtful discussion. While I can't say for sure that the officer wasn't out of line, the idea of a utopia where LEO's must follow civilian laws while on duty is tough for me to grasp. I think there's a reason why it doesn't exist anywhere in the world, chaos would ensue.

We'll see what the court decides if the lawsuit continues.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As for why the cop is there, he could be patrolling his beat. It's his job to patrol the city he is in. Cops have been getting ambushed left and right, why be a sitting duck in the patrol car if you can better defend yourself outside of it. People have been making guns out of the simplest things, and yes cellphone guns are out there. The media is just there to get their ratings and the anti cop movement is what's getting a large amount of viewers. We will not know who is in the wrong until we have the whole story.
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
As for why the cop is there, he could be patrolling his beat. It's his job to patrol the city he is in. Cops have been getting ambushed left and right, why be a sitting duck in the patrol car if you can better defend yourself outside of it. People have been making guns out of the simplest things, and yes cellphone guns are out there. The media is just there to get their ratings and the anti cop movement is what's getting a large amount of viewers. We will not know who is in the wrong until we have the whole story.

Cops are NOT getting ambushed left and right.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Right but he put the stuff on the truck after the cop drew his weapon and it wasn't pointed at him, just ready in case. I don't have a problem with that.

Besides the fact that brandishing is illegal? If you or I did that we would be in jail. Cops are in fact NOT above the law and have to abide by the same laws as we do. There was exactly zero cause for A) The officer to be there and B) for him to do that.

More people need to press LEO's on this kind of thing. Exercise your rights or lose them.

Bwahahahaha. Great logic. Ok, so if the police exceed the speed limit while in a vehicular pursuit, they should get a ticket?
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *Als50*:
^^^The problem there is that nowadays, alot of Police believe that They're the Judge, Jury AND Executioner. [Wink]

[ 2015-08-16, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: graylx ]

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
quote:
Well no, that's not the case. A cop can question you, detain you, put you in handcuffs during his investigation. You can be arrested on suspicion of having committed a crime. Whether or not a crime was actually committed is determined in court. Telling a cop "I don't need to comply with you because I feel I'm innocent" is not going to work. Anywhere. Anytime.

quote:
He didn't have to. It is their job to patrol the streets. Sure you can film it. That TV show Cops has been on for years before cell phone cameras were popular.

quote:
Once again if you or I did what that cop did we would be in jail. Police are not above the law, they have to enforce AND obey the same laws.
That's not exactly true either. The difference between us and cops is they have a badge which allows them, within reason, to break laws that you and I would be arrested for so they can do their job. You can argue what does "Within reason" mean and that's a very valid point. There's been a lot of headlines / videos where it's questionable or even not "within reason". Just don't make a bad situation worse by fighting with a cop. If it's not within reason, hire Burris, take it to court, and sue the city for a few million but do that afterwards.

quote:
The cop probably does. The cop is walking into an unknown situation. He will be on high alert. The best thing you can do is lower his alert level by acting sensible and reasonable. I doubt there's anything you can say to a cop that he hasn't heard before. But start acting dangerous, or weird or evasive and he'll keep one hand on his holster.

quote:
And I am guessing that if the cop tells you to get on your knees and open your mouth you would because you are not a lawyer?
Get real.

Thank god someone with some brains.
[patriot]

--------------------
02 GT Vert

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by graylx:
quote:
quote:
Right but he put the stuff on the truck after the cop drew his weapon and it wasn't pointed at him, just ready in case. I don't have a problem with that.

Besides the fact that brandishing is illegal? If you or I did that we would be in jail. Cops are in fact NOT above the law and have to abide by the same laws as we do. There was exactly zero cause for A) The officer to be there and B) for him to do that.

More people need to press LEO's on this kind of thing. Exercise your rights or lose them.

Bwahahahaha. Great logic. Ok, so if the police exceed the speed limit while in a vehicular pursuit, they should get a ticket?
Actually they should be put in jail for vehicular pursuit. Time and time again its been proven to be incredibly dangerous and deadly to the general public for a cop to initiate a chase.

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Get real.

She is not a laywer so should not have complained...i mean he is an officer and knows what he is doing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/san-antonio-cuffed-raped-19-year-old-traffic-stop-police-article-1.1527459

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What you fail to realize is that the officer's penis felt threatened, so he HAD to take the appropriate actions to tame and control Dat Pussy by any means necessary. [patriot]
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually they should be put in jail for vehicular pursuit. Time and time again its been proven to be incredibly dangerous and deadly to the general public for a cop to initiate a chase.
Who's the one fleeing? So your suggestion is that anytime a criminal flees, the police should desist pursuit? That's a great idea. What if the person flees in your stolen Mustang?
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Who's the one fleeing? So your suggestion is that anytime a criminal flees, the police should desist pursuit? That's a great idea. What if the person flees in your stolen Mustang?
Yes they should desist the pursuit, they have so many other ways to track these guys that its no longer needed. All it does is put the public at unnecessary risk just so some officers can get their adrenaline rush.

And if my mustang was stolen I would rather the cops not chase because A) I don't want anyone innocent killed B) Less likely of the car getting wrecked and C) I have insurance for a reason.

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If don't want the police to them to there job move to very safe and low crime area's like Chicago and Baltimore. I'm pretty sure the cops are not doing much there because there so good at policing them self's.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes they should desist the pursuit, they have so many other ways to track these guys that its no longer needed. All it does is put the public at unnecessary risk just so some officers can get their adrenaline rush.

And if my mustang was stolen I would rather the cops not chase because A) I don't want anyone innocent killed B) Less likely of the car getting wrecked and C) I have insurance for a reason.

Why dont you run for president? Jesus christ, you are the new cobraracer

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
If don't want the police to them to there job move to very safe and low crime area's like Chicago and Baltimore. I'm pretty sure the cops are not doing much there because there so good at policing them self's.

I stay away from liberal strongholds as much as possible where the black communities are offing each other at record numbers.

[ 2015-08-17, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why dont you run for president? Jesus christ, you are the new cobraracer
Ya god forbid I hate seeing innocent people die at the hands of police incompetence, considering how we are the only civilized country that has this level of police violence/brutality problem (outside of like Russia, North Korea and China )
[Roll Eyes]

[ 2015-08-17, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coyotemike, im curious as to what happen to you when you were in the program (FTO or JTO), academy, etc...why all the negativity towards cops and how their job is done. its definitely not easy, as i hope you would know, but i dont know how long youve worn a badge and carried a gun.

[ 2015-08-17, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
coyotemike, im curious as to what happen to you when you were in the program (FTO or JTO), academy, etc...why all the negativity towards cops and how their job is done. its definitely not easy, as i hope you would know, but i dont know how long youve worn a badge and carried a gun.

They found out is a coward and couldn't back up his own shadow.
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

Its definitely not easy and I understand that, but its still no excuse to trample peoples rights and/or endanger the public at any chance.

@Fredfifty

I spent about a 18 months uniformed, but left for higher paying careers.

As for my time spent with APD, it was an eye opener. Pretty much every encounter was the FTO trying multiple ways to get someone to give up their rights. Many stops were initiated, that in my opinion were not needed, under false pretense. Reports changed to fit the situation they wanted. They had a good ole boy club that would profile endlessly. Not something I enjoyed one bit. Mind you this was 14 years ago. And none of this excuses violence towards and police officer like these black lives matter jackholes are advocating.

@Hurting - awe are your panties are in a bunch this morning? But you are perfectly describing most officers these days who shoot first and ask questions later. So scared that the boogeyman is going to get them eh? I "feared for my life" is exactly what you described.

P.S. Here is a website for you for your atrocious use of the English language:

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

[ 2015-08-17, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE]
P.S. Here is a website for you for your atrocious use of the English language:

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com