Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Totaled Vehicle claim (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Totaled Vehicle claim
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of my cars was hit and my uninsured motorist coverage decided that the car was a total loss. The claims department is paying me out $1480 less than the cars value. I have faxed them over other vehicles in my area along with CarFAx,Edmund's,Kbb and NADA. They have told me that they don't accept any of the third party valuation websites. What other options do I have? They closed my claim without my consent.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You pay for insurance, your insurance should be going to bat FOR YOU
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats fuck up. But insurance never lose. If the car is still in your possession start taking parts out before they pick up. Thats what i did to one of my cars cause i knew they wouldn't give me the full value.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn0s:
You pay for insurance, your insurance should be going to bat FOR YOU

It's my own insurance. I've read the policy and that isn't stated on it. I have also decided to keep the vehicle.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

All of the receipts were provided to CCC, who appraise the vehicle.
According to their notes on the updated valuation (which I have attached), they allowed $13 for the two new tires ($158 purchase price) and $82 for the maintenance items ($604 purchase price).

There are many online vehicle valuation companies, but the most common are NADA.com, KBB.com and Edmunds.com. As I stated earlier, we cannot use these online sites as our primary vehicle valuation sources as they do not base their values on actual listings for vehicles that can be reviewed by the customer, and that is against DOI regulations/CA statute. I am making an exception here as the adjuster incorrectly used NADA without my approval; however since it worked in your favor I am standing by that value.

I gave them about $900 in receipts but only $100 was added to the vehicles value.

This is an email from the Claims supervisor.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's your insurance company?

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks, when my truck was totaled back in 2006 or so after I was rear ended on the freeway (I was stopped, ugh) I had the same run around from the other guys insurance, and since I didn't have comprehensive/collision on my coverage my insurance company didn't do anything or care.

from what I remember I was paid out about $1500 less than what I could replace the truck for based on other used car listings and kbb value.

I did get them to pay for a rental pickup for a month ($1400) while they were dicking around deciding to total it or not, and used a lawyer for a medical claim that covered me seeing a chiro for about a year (since my neck was pretty messed up from the accident). Replacing the truck was really the least of my worries. Since they did value is quite low though, I had my friends strip it before it was towed away and made a bit of change from selling those parts, lol.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Bristol West- sold by Farmers

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:
Bristol West- sold by Farmers

Tires and Maint. all the other stuff suffer depreciation in value, they don't hold full.
Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All insurance companies are cheapskates and will try anything and everything to either not pay or pay the absolute minimum. Also, if I'm not mistaken it is against the law for them to close the claim without your signature/consent.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you opted to keep the car there going to give you less money they should have given you a figure for if you keep the car or you release it to them. recently my corvette was a total loss and there was a $4000 difference if i kept it or let them take it, but yeah some companies flat out suck!! I have state farm and they dont fuck around after my corvette crash i had my check and car was towed away within a week and this was during xmas and new years
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

My claim status on their website says closed. [Mad]

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My claim status on their website says closed. [Mad]

did you sign anything electronically? Did you already accept their offer?

--------------------
ET's to come

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

I didn't accept an offer because it has been a low ball offer. The adjuster said I can either accept their offer or pay for 3rd party appraisal company. My argument is about Carfax stating that my vehicle is worth $1480 more than retail value, I believe this should be honored. I only send emails between me and the adjuster and supervisor, no phone calls. I never authorized a payment.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay on them, Insurance companies don't like giving up money but you have the right to say no to their offer. I was in a bad accident car a total loss about three years ago. It took a while but I got more then they originally offered me. Don't give up man it sucks going through it but that's why you pay for your policy.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
All of the receipts were provided to CCC, who appraise the vehicle.
According to their notes on the updated valuation (which I have attached), they allowed $13 for the two new tires ($158 purchase price) and $82 for the maintenance items ($604 purchase price).

There are many online vehicle valuation companies, but the most common are NADA.com, KBB.com and Edmunds.com. As I stated earlier, we cannot use these online sites as our primary vehicle valuation sources as they do not base their values on actual listings for vehicles that can be reviewed by the customer, and that is against DOI regulations/CA statute. I am making an exception here as the adjuster incorrectly used NADA without my approval; however since it worked in your favor I am standing by that value.

I gave them about $900 in receipts but only $100 was added to the vehicles value.

This is an email from the Claims supervisor.

receipts and modifications doesn't matter unless you paid more to have all the equipment covered. Also have you cashed the check? Until you cash and sign off, the case isn't closed.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also i forgot to mention this happen to my pops earlier this year with his truck. So what i did was send of trucks on craigslist to the adjuster and that help a bit not much but they gave my pops a bit more money

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

From me:

Thank you. May I also have a written statement from Bristol West that states that Car Fax, Edmonds and Kbb are not accepted by Bristol West for value comparison? I know that your value is based off of CCC. I am not saying that those third party valuation companies should be the primary source for my vehicles value but the Car Fax states that the vehicle is
$1480 more than retail value; Your company has given me the retail value which should be increased by the additional Car Fax value. Where can I find that information?

From him:
Let this serve as a written statement that Farmers Specialty Insurance Company, or any other Farmers owned company, does not use KBB, NADA, Edmunds, Car Fax or any other online consumer valuation sources as the primary valuation method in the state of California. We use CCC, which bases their value on actual vehicles in the local market that are for sale, or have been for sale, within the previous 90 days, in accordance with California state regulations (CA statute 2695.8)

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

quote:
From me:

Thank you. May I also have a written statement from Bristol West that states that Car Fax, Edmonds and Kbb are not accepted by Bristol West for value comparison? I know that your value is based off of CCC. I am not saying that those third party valuation companies should be the primary source for my vehicles value but the Car Fax states that the vehicle is
$1480 more than retail value; Your company has given me the retail value which should be increased by the additional Car Fax value. Where can I find that information?

From him:
Let this serve as a written statement that Farmers Specialty Insurance Company, or any other Farmers owned company, does not use KBB, NADA, Edmunds, Car Fax or any other online consumer valuation sources as the primary valuation method in the state of California. We use CCC, which bases their value on actual vehicles in the local market that are for sale, or have been for sale, within the previous 90 days, in accordance with California state regulations (CA statute 2695.8)

Typical response from an adjuster. He's hoping you will just give up and agree.

--------------------
ET's to come

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Me:
Ok, can be used for a secondary(comparison)? The written statement is not clear enough to prove my thought process wrong. The values from those websites (KBB,Edmonds,NADA,) are the same as CCC except when the vehicle history report is printed from Carfax it shows its worth $1480 more than retail value. I prefer a letter with the company's policies stamped and signed and it stating that cars history cannot be proven by CarFax or cannot show the increased value of the vehicle. If that can be done please let me know who can help me. Why does my claim remain closed?

Adjuster Supervisor-
This settlement offer will not change. Our original offer is valid and within the scope of CA regulations. Unless you proceed through the appraisal clause, there will be no change to this offer.

Me-
Ok, can I have the documentation I am asking for? There is no way I am going to sit here and believe you without anything in writing that specifically states that I can't prove my cars value by Carfax vehicle history. You have stated many times that you can't accept any of those websites as primary's but that is not what I am asking for.

Please give me the contact information of someone that can get me what I am asking for.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

From him:
Let this serve as a written statement that Farmers Specialty Insurance Company, or any other Farmers owned company,

Well, there's your problem. Farmers is a notoriously bad company. Good luck with your fight. I haven't heard of many success stories with them.

[ 2015-06-02, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OP you should've ended your response with your sig quote lol
Seriously though good luck sounds like you're dealing with a real POS. Once you settle, drop that scum bag company.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
if you opted to keep the car there going to give you less money they should have given you a figure for if you keep the car or you release it to them. recently my corvette was a total loss and there was a $4000 difference if i kept it or let them take it, but yeah some companies flat out suck!! I have state farm and they dont fuck around after my corvette crash i had my check and car was towed away within a week and this was during xmas and new years

State Farm is the Bees Knees!! They do not mess around. My brother received his check just a day and a half after being in a wreck.

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When my old bmw got totaled out, AAA gave me 1g more than blue book. I guess it's just your insurance company

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAA doesn't fuck around when it comes to payout, premium insurance premium service.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com