Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 347 vs 351 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 347 vs 351
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
hurting your feelings has two guys that did something cool, and how much money did they have in it? how many special tricks did it take? put those same tricks on a 351, same amount of money in the 351, same girdle, same cement. even lee said it, he wouldn't mention it cause he had over ten in it like I mentioned not to mention lol. plus if i said it dave is just gona hate for the sake of a arguement. Its not rocket science to know a 351 is stronger, an can put out more power, has somebody done empressive things with a 302? or smaller based stock blocks, yeah i bet there some impressive lucky numbers. lee will tell you he made 500 and he did, as he preys to god it didn't blow as well. somebody found out how to sqeeze every inch of life out of a 302 on borrowed time an I commend them for it, but no body that's done it will recommend it to anybody else, its like yeah they did it but,,,,,,, lol. how many split in half 302 blocks is there? and how many split in half 351 is there,,,,,,,,,, a big difference, the argument now is just for sake of arguing.

Lee did it with a of the shelf basic 306 half filled block with stock cam an ran a nine second pass.
OMG
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
hurting your feelings has two guys that did something cool, and how much money did they have in it? how many special tricks did it take? put those same tricks on a 351, same amount of money in the 351, same girdle, same cement. even lee said it, he wouldn't mention it cause he had over ten in it like I mentioned not to mention lol. plus if i said it dave is just gona hate for the sake of a arguement. Its not rocket science to know a 351 is stronger, an can put out more power, has somebody done empressive things with a 302? or smaller based stock blocks, yeah i bet there some impressive lucky numbers. lee will tell you he made 500 and he did, as he preys to god it didn't blow as well. somebody found out how to sqeeze every inch of life out of a 302 on borrowed time an I commend them for it, but no body that's done it will recommend it to anybody else, its like yeah they did it but,,,,,,, lol. how many split in half 302 blocks is there? and how many split in half 351 is there,,,,,,,,,, a big difference, the argument now is just for sake of arguing.

Lee did it with a of the shelf basic 306 half filled block with stock cam an ran a nine second pass.
with a low enough race weight, anything can pretty much be achieved. Look at what the Honda guys are doing with much less displacement.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
351 > 302... 450+ passes on the street and track. Makes 430whp on 8.5:1 and blower cam. Runs 10.6x's on 26* of timing and 87 piss gas. On a small hit & 91 gas. it does 9.6's without even trying... As everyone knows. I'm to lazy to try.. [patriot]

[ 2015-04-30, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com