Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Moving to Sacramento Area Advice (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Moving to Sacramento Area Advice
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Not to mention HOA's
The worst if you're a car guy

I am selling my foxbody but building my pops' 65 Chevy C10.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:
Not to mention HOA's
The worst if you're a car guy

I am selling my foxbody but building my pops' 65 Chevy C10.
you have to get permission to plant a tree if have hoa anything you want to do on the outside of your house has to be approved by the hoa.

An my brother an sister in-laws live in hoa in Roseville an they can park a car in there drive way over nite with out getting a fine.

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saying I can't build my truck with HOA?
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Pretty much
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
quote:

Pretty much
Mr JohnCM, saying not possible?
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty much
Depends on the HOA. Not many will allow you to park on the street over night, but many will allow you to park in the driveway. Few will allow a car project to sit in the driveway for long periods of time though. Just do the research and check the CCR's first.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty much
Depends on the HOA. Not many will allow you to park on the street over night, but many will allow you to park in the driveway. Few will allow a car project to sit in the driveway for long periods of time though. Just do the research and check the CCR's first.
Most city wouldn't let a car set in drive for more then 72 hours if doesn't move under it own power.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
88saleenclone
¯
Member # 11775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88saleenclone  Ford pictures for 88saleenclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Greenhaven is a nice area don't buy in south sac! they don't call it south sac iraq for no reason lol Greenhaven is close to downtown and close to the I 5 for the commute to elk grove
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Avoid Ghetto Grove it is South, south Sac. When new cities or developments pop up around the hood, the hood moves into the nice new houses to loot and steal, then go back home with your stuff.

Seriously consider Placer county. Much better quality of life and criminals will tell you, don't catch a case in Placer because you'll get hammered full pop, no giving out deals like candy.

You can find good neighborhoods in Placer County in your price range easy. Very close to Sac.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would also consider Davis or Dixon. Yeah Davis maybe a bunch of hippy liberals, but it's not full of ghetto hoodrats!
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I would also consider Davis or Dixon. Yeah Davis maybe a bunch of hippy liberals, but it's not full of ghetto hoodrats!

Davis if you like dealing with hippie bicycle riders everywhere and like moving your car every 30 minutes

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I live in the better half of natomas, but the only place I would buy a house is Placer County. All my family lives in the Loomis/Penryn area and the commute is not bad. It's worth it for the community, cleanliness and safety.

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Thanks for all the input guys. We are looking into the Roseville area.
5.0 GONZO
¯
Member # 13645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 GONZO  Ford pictures for 5.0 GONZO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out West Park in Roseville. Located off of Blue Oaks and Fiddyment. Brand new homes are being built, make sure to check out the Lennar Homes. They build homes with solar INCLUDED. Can't beat that. While your out there cruise through Crocker Ranch also. Crocker Ranch is a great master plan community as well, it's off off Blue Oaks. I've been in Roseville my entire life, 35 years. I'm 3rd generation Rosevile and Love it here. Also this West Park location has great access to get to down town, just head down Baseline/Riego Road. You'll tee right into the highway which is great access to down town and a Sac International airport. Lmk if you have any questions about the Roseville area.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 GONZO:
Check out West Park in Roseville. Located off of Blue Oaks and Fiddyment. Brand new homes are being built, make sure to check out the Lennar Homes. They build homes with solar INCLUDED. Can't beat that. While your out there cruise through Crocker Ranch also. Crocker Ranch is a great master plan community as well, it's off off Blue Oaks. I've been in Roseville my entire life, 35 years. I'm 3rd generation Rosevile and Love it here. Also this West Park location has great access to get to down town, just head down Baseline/Riego Road. You'll tee right into the highway which is great access to down town and a Sac International airport. Lmk if you have any questions about the Roseville area.

Great info! Thank you.

Edit: How far is it from like shopping centers and what not? Seems like this community is expanding way north.

[ 2014-09-03, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
35 years....

wow you're old

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Great info! Thank you.

Edit: How far is it from like shopping centers and what not? Seems like this community is expanding way north.

Very close. West Roseville is a breeding ground for chains stores and restaurants. It's miles and miles of strip malls.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
quote:
quote:

Great info! Thank you.

Very close. West Roseville is a breeding ground for chains stores and restaurants. It's miles and miles of strip malls.
Awesome to know, thanks again.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Shit some have rules saying your garage can't be open any length of time!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope you find a good spot, like a lot of people are saying Roseville area is where I would look. And man I can't stand any HOA! I go visit my doctor buddy in his fancy ass gated community every few weeks and man the shit HOA people come up with is ridiculous!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Hope you find a good spot, like a lot of people are saying Roseville area is where I would look. And man I can't stand any HOA! I go visit my doctor buddy in his fancy ass gated community every few weeks and man the shit HOA people come up with is ridiculous!

Yeah, I guess it's really something we have to look into prior to making a final decision. I can understand trying to keep the community clean but some of these rules are absolutely outrageous.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you guys checked downtown sac? You can get a nice place for 500k. It wont be a cookie cutter home either. Once the new arena is built I bet property prices will rise as well.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for Placer county, Rocklin/Loomis/Penryn area. Hell, Even going further up to the Newcastle/Auburn area. It almost feels like an entire different state in these areas. Im planning on moving back up there in a few months. I used to leave $1000 Go Karts out on the front of the house and leave the keys to my cars inside the ignition unlocked. Part of this was due to there being a police station at the end of the block. People are very nice and the small town feel brings everyone together and everyone looks out for each other.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Have you guys checked downtown sac? You can get a nice place for 500k. It wont be a cookie cutter home either. Once the new arena is built I bet property prices will rise as well.

Last I checked down town Sacramento is hood.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

Last I checked down town Sacramento is hood.
For 500k he wont be in the hood. There are multi million dollar homes in downtown sac.

[ 2014-09-18, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com