Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Moving to Sacramento Area Advice (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Moving to Sacramento Area Advice
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious what are some good areas to buy a home? I would be working in West Sacramento and my girlfriend would be in Downtown. We were looking at like Elk Grove and Rancho Cordova but I really have NO experience with these areas. Any insight?
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Natomas is more centrally located. Commuting from EG to downtown is the worst. New side of west sacs ok. I prefer placer county or Folsom regardless of where the job is if you want to live in the nice areas.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We definitely want a nice area and willing to pay for that. I think we were looking more south of Sacramento considering it would be closer to my parents. But having to drive and extra 20 minutes, would be fine.

The commute is also a thing. I really do not want to spend and hour each way considering I have been spoiled with my current 10 minute drive for the last 8 years. So location and traffic do play a factor.

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If money is not an issue, you can live in southport in west sac, roseville has good areas and folsom, i would never live in elk grove, worst cops around here

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sacramento area I would chose Folsom, roseville, rocklin, fair oaks, carmichael if you can afford them. Definitely dont do rancho cordova. What is your budget?

[ 2014-09-01, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't best advice.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
Don't best advice.

This
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
What is your budget?

Ideally, we would like to be in the $400k range but willing to go into the 5's for the right home and area.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
Don't best advice.

This
We both have opportunities up there to make more than in San Jose and after searching for a home here in the South Bay, it just seems logical price wise for at least a few years.
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a real estate agent here in the Sacramento area. If you don't already have one I'd be happy to help you. [patriot]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
Don't best advice.

This
We both have opportunities up there to make more than in San Jose and after searching for a home here in the South Bay, it just seems logical price wise for at least a few years.
I hear on that I just sold my house in los altos hills for good money an it was a shack.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about those town houses they're building near down town? Like across the street from the River Cats stadium? They looked nice when I drove by.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
How about those town houses they're building near down town? Like across the street from the River Cats stadium? They looked nice when I drove by.

My girl is super into the new homes. She wants a open floor plan like the newer homes offer. All I care about is the garage and backyard. [Razz]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:

[LIST]

Anyone that knowingly buys a place with a hoa should drive a prius an have to get rid of any v8 powered car.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
What is your budget?

Ideally, we would like to be in the $400k range but willing to go into the 5's for the right home and area.
My wife and I are looking in the 400k range as well. You can get some pretty nice houses in the fair oaks/carmichael area (1700+ sq ft) for that range. You'll have to come up a bit more to get into the nicer parts of folsom, roseville, rocklin though.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
quote:

[LIST]

Anyone that knowingly buys a place with a hoa should drive a prius an have to get rid of any v8 powered car.

Hate to say it man, but she is favoring these communities. Guess she should sell the S5. lol
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had couple friends live in elk grove a few years back. Nice homes and it seems pretty calm. Keep cafords posted im also thinking of moving north as well.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
carmichael and fair oaks and citrus heights is a nice area to look at.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
South Natomas is where I stay at. 5 mins away from DownTown and West Sac.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll second Folsom, Roseville and Rocklin. Fair Oaks and Orangevale have some nice areas. Elk Grove would be a terrible idea. Natomas has some nice areas, check in on the requirement for flood insurance before buying. Any newer suburbs you should also inquire about mello roos.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fair Oaks Carmichael area is nice also

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
STK85
¯
Member # 9265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STK85  Ford pictures for STK85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like Elk Grove.... I live in Laguna west, but the only issue is the traffic cops and owning a modified car. If I where to move I'd go to Rocklin or Roseville. I work in Roseville it's nice.

--------------------
01 Trans Am WS6
Bulit by THE SHOP Tuned by FFP

Posts: 35 | From: Elk Grove,Ca | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:

[LIST]

Hate to say it man, but she is favoring these communities. Guess she should sell the S5. lol
Just remember townhouse's , condos, an duplexes= affordable housing an you will likely have tons of renters living around you.
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to mention HOA's
The worst if you're a car guy

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[LIST]

I hear ya. HOA fees suck and I couldn't own a house without a garage. [patriot]

I do have a friend that lives in old town and her studio apartment is really nice. She has underground parking too. But shelling out 1600 a month in rent wouldn't sit well with me.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com