Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Delete (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Delete
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
I don't have a toy yet, I'm looking to build something as well. The smog issue is big because you can't build anything to the extreme and have it pass smog. What about registering it out of state? If my car was from NV and it was kept in NV, could you get away with the Smog law? I would think you can....

Got to comply to California state laws to be driven on California road ways regardless what state it's registered in.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
25yrs or older is a safety inspection here

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of your input was great reading. I personally have yet to own a built fox, maybe someday. A couple of you on this forum know me personally , and I've had a bunch of these cars. I just can't see throwing big money into a car you will not keep. Does anyone think the Coyote swap is worth it? I'm not worried about the cash, Is it worth it?
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:
All of your input was great reading. I personally have yet to own a built fox, maybe someday. A couple of you on this forum know me personally , and I've had a bunch of these cars. I just can't see throwing big money into a car you will not keep. Does anyone think the Coyote swap is worth it? I'm not worried about the cash, Is it worth it?

I think it's worth it depending on how you set it up, it's almost the same cost as building a 1000+ HP billet internal Dart motor, but the dart motor would be easier to do.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have any friends or family in CA that live outside of a smog zone? If so register your car there... You will have to get it smogged once to transfer title.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:

In about 5-6 years a Coyote swap will be more affordable as the price of those 2011-2014 GT will drop and become even more available through insurance auctions. But to get a Boss 302 donor would be the equivelant of trying to get a Terminator donor. The are not as available and highly looked for by people building hot rods and custom Fords.

I'm in the middle of a Coyote build. Like my last build it's going to be a complete swap i.e. a 2013 GT in a 1990 shell. Electric power assist steering, ABS traction control, interior, motor/transmission, with coil overs all around and IRS.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com