Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Delete (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Delete
capriman
¯
Member # 11659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for capriman  Ford pictures for capriman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by quickblue302:
As a smog tech, 74 and up must submit to a bi annual smog inspection. In the state californa you cannot tamper with or modify any emission control device regardless of year, doing so can result in being sent to bar state referee. New cars are due for smog every five years. One of the earliest emmison control systems is PCV, if your running around in your mid to late 60s car with a valve cover breather in place of PCV and get pulled over, CHP can ticket you and send you to state ref.

74 and up?? i am pretty sure its been 76 and up for some time now.
88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
buy a stock foxbody and stfu, case closed [Eek!] .

on a serious note, look for a smog legal setup if you're worried about that. no one is forcing you to buy a non smog legal car and no one is building a car for your need. if you had 9-12k to spend, go find a stock one and build you own smog legal bucket. get yourself a new paint job, get your interior looking mint, make your 500rwhp smog legal setup, forge this and forge that, and let us know how much you spent [Wink]

[patriot] this is exactly what I was thinking! I hate when people complain about smog and all this [BS flag] go buy yourself a stock fox and build it! Stop looking for something built and just because it doesn't pass smog you wanna pay 2,500 lol pls

"BUILD IT YOURSELF AND MOVE ON!" [Big Grin]

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
^ You have a point. But I don't know one person who has been given a ticket for not having the correct smog equipment on a 60's era muscle car. Not saying it couldn't happen though.

I know a few that have.in the early 2000's there was a bar agent that went to all the good guys car shows an would send guys to the ref for removing smog control devices.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
That's why you dump money into pre smog cars.
CARB is a government scam to take more of your money and slowly strip you of your rights to own or drive whatever you would like.

No such thing as a pre smog car.
Lmao no such thing as a pre-smog car? So what does that make all the cars 75 and older
You must be a youngster we used to have to smog 1966 an up vehicles for the longest time.an maybe if you're going to break the law you should read up on what the laws are.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
^ You have a point. But I don't know one person who has been given a ticket for not having the correct smog equipment on a 60's era muscle car. Not saying it couldn't happen though.

I know a few that have.in the early 2000's there was a bar agent that went to all the good guys car shows an would send guys to the ref for removing smog control devices.
I remember that. Dude was a prick. Any car that was registered as a street car that had illegal shit on it he was snitching on fools. Sounds like some shit that Cobraracer46 would do.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guess you just gotta know the right people to own a car like that. just get around it! lol I've never worried about smog.. Ever

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
I remember Fiji had to do that.

Yeah I had to take my 82 through that bullshit.. but that's not stopping me from putting another built motor in it that's probably not gonna pass smog either.. But I don't go around doing stupid shit in my car all the time so I'm not worried.. most cops compliment me on my car since I have the police lights & antennas on my car still.. the cop that gave me the state ref ticket didn't know shit about cars!! He was pointing at my CA legal edelbrock performer intake and saying my EXHAUST is modified!! Lmao

if someone is so worried about passing smog, then build a smog legal setup urself Instead of looking on craigslist for something that somebody else built to their taste.. dealing with smog, having cops hate on us, etc are all part of this hobby!! if ur scared of getting a couple tickets then get a Toyota Prius, forget all about smog issues, enjoy the carpool lane, and break ur neck admiring the muscle car that drives by polluting the world!! [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
CARB is a government scam to take more of your money and slowly strip you of your rights to own or drive whatever you would like.

Lmao no such thing as a pre-smog car? So what does that make all the cars 75 and older
Those cars are only Smog Exempt from bi-monthly smog tests.. but technically they have to retain ALL smog equipment that they came with originally.. it's rare that a cop will mess with an old school but if out being a dumbass in it, then they will find any reason to screw u!!

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You must be a youngster we used to have to smog 1966 an up vehicles for the longest time.an maybe if you're going to break the law you should read up on what the laws are.
Yes I am a youngster (21) but I've worked at a smog station for many years and never ever heard of someone getting smacked with a ref for cars 75 and older. I do get what you guys are saying though

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how would you get the title in your name if you cannot smog it? Or have the friends? If I was to invest how does one get the title in your name?
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
I remember Fiji had to do that.

Yeah I had to take my 82 through that bullshit.. but that's not stopping me from putting another built motor in it that's probably not gonna pass smog either.. But I don't go around doing stupid shit in my car all the time so I'm not worried.. most cops compliment me on my car since I have the police lights & antennas on my car still.. the cop that gave me the state ref ticket didn't know shit about cars!! He was pointing at my CA legal edelbrock performer intake and saying my EXHAUST is modified!! Lmao

if someone is so worried about passing smog, then build a smog legal setup urself Instead of looking on craigslist for something that somebody else built to their taste.. dealing with smog, having cops hate on us, etc are all part of this hobby!! if ur scared of getting a couple tickets then get a Toyota Prius, forget all about smog issues, enjoy the carpool lane, and break ur neck admiring the muscle car that drives by polluting the world!! [Big Grin] [burnout]

Hahahahah FOR REAL!!!!!! VROOM VROOM!!!

[patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like its harder to find a stock fox that will pass then a built fox that won't pass smog! Lol

@fiji which is why I'm going to build a mod motor and keep the motor in my car now for smog like you did.

[patriot] [Big Grin]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:
So how would you get the title in your name if you cannot smog it? Or have the friends? If I was to invest how does one get the title in your name?

If have to ask then it's best for to stick to bone stock cars.
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let your balls hang..... 75% of the stangs are not smog legal.. [burnout]

[ 2014-08-10, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: VENOMUS PONY 5.0 ]

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4613087757.html This is a car 4 u

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You can get a title in your name but it takes a few months, just start the process at DMV then go back to dmv in a few months telling them you can't get the car to pass smog and you want to get a title in your name and to put the registration on NON-OP.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its all about making money then they should charge a smog fail tax or something like that, maybe like 50 to 100 dollars a month or year I would pay 500 to 1000 dollars a year for my car not to pass smog.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
And thats why god made neight [dance]

I don't believe in god, therefore he didn't make me.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Anderthizzle:
If its all about making money then they should charge a smog fail tax or something like that, maybe like 50 to 100 dollars a month or year I would pay 500 to 1000 dollars a year for my car not to pass smog.

They do have some like that but the only give you a year to fix it or junk.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Your first mistake, using the word invest in a project/race car and then being worried about smog or tickets. Sounds like this hobby is not for you

--------------------
91' Notch

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by quickblue302:
As a smog tech, 74 and up must submit to a bi annual smog inspection. In the state californa you cannot tamper with or modify any emission control device regardless of year, doing so can result in being sent to bar state referee. New cars are due for smog every five years. One of the earliest emmison control systems is PCV, if your running around in your mid to late 60s car with a valve cover breather in place of PCV and get pulled over, CHP can ticket you and send you to state ref.

This is true but unlikely.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
quote:

Your first mistake, using the word invest in a project/race car and then being worried about smog or tickets. Sounds like this hobby is not for you
This is true. Because he has a motor in his fox that makes his fox worth roller price to me but he still is not complaining I mean he looks pretty happy with that gay little motor. [Razz]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
quote:

This is true. Because he has a motor in his fox that makes his fox worth roller price to me but he still is not complaining I mean he looks pretty happy with that gay little motor. [Razz]
don't be jealous [Big Grin]
regardless whats under the hood, all of the tickets and smog $ I just consider tax for driving it

--------------------
91' Notch

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't have a toy yet, I'm looking to build something as well. The smog issue is big because you can't build anything to the extreme and have it pass smog. What about registering it out of state? If my car was from NV and it was kept in NV, could you get away with the Smog law? I would think you can....

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They do have smog in Nevada. My cousins county in Fernley ( Lyon County ) doesn't have any smog. You can also legal have sex with like a 16 year old which is kinda creepy [Eek!]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com