Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mobile smog check? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mobile smog check?
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
They are voluntary, BUT a lot of times, they have a black and white down the street, and any suspicious cars that refuse to volunteer, are flagged by radio to get pulled over by the unit waiting.

100% false. Law Enforcement is on scene as primary function of traffic safety. SO many rumors spread around about this. Would 10 members please post your traffic citation from a mobile smog check point??????????

These check points are data collection of SMOG emissions for the state. It doesn't flag your vehicle.

Ever see construction at night and a cop car? same thing. The cost associated with them is factored into a construction bid for safety. Some of the funding associated with them being at these site comes from DOT.

I've been pulled over about 3 blocks after refusing to "volunteer" for a mobile smog. The car that pulled me was not the car at the smog check point for traffic safety. He was parked a few blocks up the road.

He asked me to pop the hood and trunk. I could have refused. But then he'd detain me until he could get a K9 on scene to sniff for drugs and toss my interior... Taking more time out of my day. This wasn't my first rodeo. So I just cooperated and let him check everything out.

I didn't get a citation, because my car was 100% legit. All OEM cats, front plate, no window tint... Just a BBK CARB legal intake and Magnapack cat back. Nothing illegal. I just didn't want to waste my time smog testing my car. The officer even asked why I refused the smog test.

They don't pull over everyone that refuses... They profile. If it's an obviously modified car, and they refuse to test... They tend to connect the dots and assume some of those mods must be illegal... and radio their homeboy up the street to snag an easy ticket.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats pretty fucked up if thats the case^
Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
quote:
They are voluntary, BUT a lot of times, they have a black and white down the street, and any suspicious cars that refuse to volunteer, are flagged by radio to get pulled over by the unit waiting.

100% false. Law Enforcement is on scene as primary function of traffic safety. SO many rumors spread around about this. Would 10 members please post your traffic citation from a mobile smog check point??????????

These check points are data collection of SMOG emissions for the state. It doesn't flag your vehicle.

Ever see construction at night and a cop car? same thing. The cost associated with them is factored into a construction bid for safety. Some of the funding associated with them being at these site comes from DOT.

I've been pulled over about 3 blocks after refusing to "volunteer" for a mobile smog. The car that pulled me was not the car at the smog check point for traffic safety. He was parked a few blocks up the road.

He asked me to pop the hood and trunk. I could have refused. But then he'd detain me until he could get a K9 on scene to sniff for drugs and toss my interior... Taking more time out of my day. This wasn't my first rodeo. So I just cooperated and let him check everything out.

I didn't get a citation, because my car was 100% legit. All OEM cats, front plate, no window tint... Just a BBK CARB legal intake and Magnapack cat back. Nothing illegal. I just didn't want to waste my time smog testing my car. The officer even asked why I refused the smog test.

They don't pull over everyone that refuses... They profile. If it's an obviously modified car, and they refuse to test... They tend to connect the dots and assume some of those mods must be illegal... and radio their homeboy up the street to snag an easy ticket.

That's bullshit.. [Mad]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know you have right to not let them search your interior of the car but when they say pop the hood do you have the right to tell them you may not search my interior and exterior of my vehicle? And btw i would been like why are you pulling me over for ? Did I commit a crime etc while I record him?

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com