Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Another a** I have to deal with (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another a** I have to deal with
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesnt he legally have only a few days to report the he purchased a vehicle and transfer it to his name. So he is breaking the law also i think.
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope, I used to own a dealership it's your responsibility to get a release of liability and turn it in

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont do anything, let him make moves...
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Release of liability has been sent so I guess it'll just be a waiting game

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
foxbody
¯
Member # 582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbody  Ford pictures for foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was the car salvaged,or salvage certificate?

if it was salvaged,its really no different than laws selling a good title car

if it was a salvage certificate,which it sounds like,being u said it needed brake,lite,saftey and smog...then the car was not a legally roadworthy registered car,and it was not road worthy until all that was done and fixed,so u are not responsible for smog.... if the new owner knew it needed all of the above done to register it,then he is responsible

Posts: 15754 | From: san jose | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by foxbody:
was the car salvaged,or salvage certificate?

if it was salvaged,its really no different than laws selling a good title car

if it was a salvage certificate,which it sounds like,being u said it needed brake,lite,saftey and smog...then the car was not a legally roadworthy registered car,and it was not road worthy until all that was done and fixed,so u are not responsible for smog.... if the new owner knew it needed all of the above done to register it,then he is responsible

You can sell a car that has not passed an emission check within the last 90 days. However, this car will not be allowed on the road. The vehicle must be sold as Non-Operational. The DMV must be notified, and the seller has to sign forms declaring the vehicle Non-Operational. To do this, you are required to notify the DMV and sign the forms to declare the vehicle as Non-Operational. The purchaser must also sign an agreement stating awareness of the vehicle’s status of Non-Operational.

The OP said his sister drove the car for the past two years with no problem, so I would assume its been registered?

Selling cars in CA sucks when it comes to SMOG.

[ 2014-06-03, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: WILDMAN97 ]

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Insurance told her the title we had already was good enough to sell the car since it was already salvaged. They cashed her out for the damage and we kept the car to sell it.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell him to go eat a bowl of dicks
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Lol i would like to avoid that as much as possible. Never know weird white people go crazy and shoot people up hahahaha. He was really weird though I'm not even kidding

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Change your phone number and move out of California you'll get away with it

[ 2014-06-03, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: 98 ROUSH ]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

i hear Florida is nice this time of year.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Riiiight.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

i hear Florida is nice this time of year.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
Insurance told her the title we had already was good enough to sell the car since it was already salvaged. They cashed her out for the damage and we kept the car to sell it.

So the Pink that was signed over was the Salvaged stamped title?

I only ask because I bought a Coupe years ago, real clean car, got to the DMV and they told me "You know this car is salvaged and needs and inspection" I called the guy and... lets just say he gave my cash back.

[ 2014-06-03, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: WILDMAN97 ]

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Yes but he knew it was salvaged and what it needed. I don't know what he did to blow the head gasket or whatever the heck happened. It was totally fine when he took it

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that bitch ass n**** he want to fuck you over, I don't believe that you trying to scam him. He knew he was trying to flip this car but he's trying to play that bs. Don't worry about this fool.
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Post his phone number

+1 and +2 lol

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

9255656414 his name is craig

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Let the games begin lmao

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
egress
¯
Member # 13128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for egress  Ford pictures for egress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

T T T

[patriot] [patriot]

Posts: 286 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com