Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Another a** I have to deal with (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another a** I have to deal with
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So a month or two ago I sold my sisters car for her to some guy and now he is trying to pull some shit. Over the phone we agreed on 800. He comes with a trailer and has me help him pull the stupid dent out and all types of other shit then starts talking about he has to spend money on this n that n ended up giving me 700. I was pissed because for one we agreed on the price and two the money is going to my sister to help her out. After I had put everything back together we let it warm up and he test drove it around the block. Pulled it into the trailer, paid me signed the pink and left. He calls me a week later talking about the car is smoking and it has a blown head gasket. Wtf? My sister drove it for 2 years with absolutely no issue at all. So now he's threatening me saying he going to call the police or some shit saying I run an illegal business from my house. Wtf? Hell no I dont. He bought it fair and square and I didn't give him any type of warranty or anything. What are your guys opinions on this? What can I do and dont. I fucked up again though because there was no bill of sale writen. Just the signing of the pink

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you specify "Sold as is" anywhere?
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was all verbal

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell him too bad so sad. Call the police till your little finger gets tired of dialing. The police aint gonna do shit for him.

He can try and do a civil small claims suit but from the sounds of it hes a schmo with no dough to start the process.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned for both of you. Money first up on trailer last.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u signed over the pink slip and turned in the release of liability, car is no longer ur problem.. its his now.. cops will tell him to either deal with it or take it to smalls claims court.. n as long as u turned in ur release of liability, judge will tell him too bad..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

What about him threatening me? I have voice mails from him too

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you smog it before you sold it to him? He may pull that card. That is the only ways i se it coming back and bitting you.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bill of sale or not, its sold and no warranty!! he can call who ever he wants, they will not do shit!!! Just think if he bought it as is from a dealer, and it did the same thing, he would have the same issue, a dealer would have told him to kick rocks!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you're going to have to return his money, repair the bad head gasket and finally, bend over and take it.
[Razz]

i would tell the guy to f off and go ahead and call the cops.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

The car was salvaged and needed a trunk, driver taillight, brake and light inspection and smog. I have hella pics of the car too before and after I slightly fixed it

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a car flipper, he bought something that he can't make money on, so the guy has enough nerve to try to get some money back from, it's only $700 and he acts like he spent $20K, I hate car flippers like that, that don't know everything is a risk, lol, the first sign of knowing he is a car flipper is he came with a car trailer, not everybody does that

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell the guy to get lost. I cant stand picky penny pinchers like that who think they are getting a brand new car for dirt cheap.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smog may bite you in the ass.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
What about him threatening me? I have voice mails from him too

Dont be a little bitch. You live in EPA whats the worst he can do? Drive-by maybe? Thats like an everyday occurance there. Plus the likelyhood of getting struck by gun fire from someone shooting out of a moving vehicle is very low. But if he calls over 3 of his closest thugs then the chances are exponential.

I'd still tell him to fuck off.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just FYI, its illegal to sell a car in California "as is." If the buyer puts up enough argument, it doesn't matter what forms, documents, or whatever else is signed. if it doesn't have a legitimate California smog certification. It's an illegal transaction. ( unless the vehicle is pre 1975 gas pre 1997 diesel )

Turning this into a "he threatened me" this and that on this forum isn't going to get you anywhere because you get dipshits that say "you're a pussy" yada yada...

Now... you mentioned the car was sold 2 months ago? That's your argument. Your release of liability has been signed, and documented through the DMV. after 2 weeks, its processed and now the owners responsibility. The only problem is, you sold it without smog, and a blown headgasket wont pass smog. So, that "technically" would be your proof whether it had a blown headgasket or not when you sold it and you'd be fine. Especially if he took you to court. So you have a few options.

A) have him return the car, and you return his $700

B) Work a deal with him. Is it honestly a blown headgasket?

C)Let him take you to small claims

I hope this helps. These situations are never easy.

[ 2014-06-03, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol..looks like u sir committed an illegal sale, how dare you get over by seling a pos with out smog, shame on u

[ 2014-06-03, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post his phone number

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is how it could go down.

- Guy takes car to SMOG and it fails.
- Guy then takes you to court to pay for all the repairs to get it to SMOG.
- You then say fuck no! Ill give him his $700 back.
- The guys says NO, Fuck you! I bought it for $3000.
- You tell the judge "I don't have a bill of sale"
- Judge then rules in the with the other guy!

or

nothing happens and the guy goes away.

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell him all the following:
1)your not a dealership therefore he cant get warranty.
2) The car ran fine when test drove and agreed to buy it, things arent meant to last forever and will break down unexpectedly and that is a risk people have to take when buying used.
3) you dont know how he ran the car after he bought it so for all you know he coulda beat on it hard until it blew the gasket.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

He took it a little over the month ago

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude will probably just go away bro. Don't sweat it. Tell the cheap bastard to f#$% off [patriot] . Unless you know you scammed him then just realize that what you did is wrong and give the dud is $700 bucks back. Good luck!!
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

My sister sent in the liability form a couple days after he took it. We also agreed on 200 for the selling price on the liability form.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Look up UCC-202.

Basically comes down to having a written contract that slicifically states all of the defects and both parties have agreed to it.

An example would be :
"This vehicle is sold “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the condition of the Vehicle. There are no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof. Buyer has the right to inspect the Vehicle at any reasonable place and time and in a reasonable manner before the payment for or acceptance of the Vehicle. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements made about the Vehicle."

Does he have a legal case well technically yes. The chances of someone persuing it are very null. But essentially you could be liable for returning the money and the vehicle being returned to you in the same condition it was sold in. Next is he can include any legal cost. After this you have the option of counter suing if the vehicle is in worst shape.

Having said that I'd still tell him to fuck off.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
My sister sent in the liability form a couple days after he took it. We also agreed on 200 for the selling price on the liability form.

If it shows that you sold it for that amount than say you sold it for 200 if you go to court and say what can he expect from a 200 dollar car.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Well since most of you say tell him to fuck off then I'll just ignore his calls

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com