Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Military service (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Military service
flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ls1 Miguel-I'll be sending you a pm shortly
Wild man - thanks for the info I'm going to look into the ASVAB test I have tattoos but nothing gang related, no health problems and have a clean background,

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what's the deal with having a flat feet, is it true that if you have a flat foot they won't let you in or is it all bull shit lol

[ 2014-04-22, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: flores24v ]

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by flores24v:
So what's the deal with having a flat feet, is it true that if you have a flat foot they won't let you in or is it all bull shit lol

its BS [patriot] and study that ASVAP so you be at war for some white collar MR commander and chief [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^ x2 ^^ Flat feet used to be a DQ.. With the new boots and insoles it is not normally an issue unless it's something real crazy. There are waivers for just about anything. Also, tattoos that show in a t-shirt (even V-necks) or shorts will be scrutinized, they don't even have to be gang related. Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) has a huge binder of different tattoos that have weird meanings, be prepared to justify what they mean. Google "practice ASVAB", there are some good sites that can show you what you're in for.. lol Hope this helps.
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ask turbo50

Jp lol, I have been debating also. I will probably try to enlist first and take the asvab see where I stand

[ 2014-04-22, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: POWERED BY FORD ]

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just go to school man it will be the best decision in your life.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by will01bullitt:
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Why?

I agree with this, why?
Government/Military is the most corrupt organization in the world. They don't care about you or your well being. You won't make any type of real money for the work you will do, and a lot of people will hate you. Plus they just gonna ship you to some bullshit third world country. Good luck.

Ive been in the Marine Corps for the last five years and yeah it has its ups and downs. at times i kinda miss it and also you cant beat the benifits free medical for you and your family. it depends on your job too where they gonna send you. the places ive been to are Japan, France, Dubai, Italy and Spain not really third world some of these counrties make us look third world just saying. and as far as the pay you can look it up depends on your rank and time in service but their is housing pay if your married and a bunch of extra pays for deployments. Also on my last year i almost made 60k and was only taxed on half [patriot]
I'm not being Anti-Military because I respect our service members a lot. Joining for free healthcare is stupid lol. You can go work at UPS and have awesome healthcare for you and your 15 kids hahaha

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FRC_Kid:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?
Government/Military is the most corrupt organization in the world. They don't care about you or your well being. You won't make any type of real money for the work you will do, and a lot of people will hate you. Plus they just gonna ship you to some bullshit third world country. Good luck.

Ive been in the Marine Corps for the last five years and yeah it has its ups and downs. at times i kinda miss it and also you cant beat the benifits free medical for you and your family. it depends on your job too where they gonna send you. the places ive been to are Japan, France, Dubai, Italy and Spain not really third world some of these counrties make us look third world just saying. and as far as the pay you can look it up depends on your rank and time in service but their is housing pay if your married and a bunch of extra pays for deployments. Also on my last year i almost made 60k and was only taxed on half [patriot]
I'm not being Anti-Military because I respect our service members a lot. Joining for free healthcare is stupid lol. You can go work at UPS and have awesome healthcare for you and your 15 kids hahaha
Osamacare gotya covered pimp even if your the pullout king. But a ups gig won't give you a GI bill nor eligibility for a VA guaranty home loan, just enough money for those 15 kids and little else.
1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Nasty66  Ford pictures for 1Nasty66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?

Osamacare gotya covered pimp even if your the pullout king. But a ups gig won't give you a GI bill nor eligibility for a VA guaranty home loan, just enough money for those 15 kids and little else.
Just a heads up thats not the reason I joined, didn't even have a family at the time. I was just pointing out one of the many benefits that come from serving in the military. Especially the skills you will learn to get a great job once you get out and I'm sure UPS gives great benefits but just not a prestigious as being in the Marine Corps lol.

--------------------
2001 Bullitt DHG #2673 of 5582 built(sold)
1966 mustang 289

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I'm not being Anti-Military because I respect our service members a lot. Joining for free healthcare is stupid lol. You can go work at UPS and have awesome healthcare for you and your 15 kids hahaha [/QB][/QUOTE]
Tetris and obamacare could accomplish that.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com