Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Landed a new 2014 GT (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Landed a new 2014 GT
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First service, 2,774.0 miles.

As per my request the dealer changed the engine oil, drain and refill trans (MT-82), drain and refill diff. Also decided to have the dealer install a Track Pack diff cover while they were at it. (Mine is a Brembo GT, not a Track Package so it has 3.73's and a regular limited slip instead of a Torsen, and it comes with a basic steel cover)

I'm sure there will be some folks that disagree, however when I build a customer's car I change these fluids at 1000 or less ...(Not always trans but the MT-82 needs all the help it can get)

-

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lookin good!
Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Lookin good!

Thanks!

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car! Mods are coming along nicely. Please tint your windows for your next mod!

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice! i didnt even know the track packs had a different rear cover. [Cool]
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Received the Track Cal with voucher and K&N filter next day air from Auto Nation, registered myself and the car with Ford Racing this afternoon. Called Ford Racing to verify all is well and they are overnighting my Pro Cal tuner so I should have it tomorrow assuming they got it out the door in time. Now I just need to set my appointment with the dealer to have it installed. ~Also in the picture is a track key that they also shipped in the same bundle for a friend's 2013. He did the cluster swap on his.

-

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had to google what the hell the track cal was lol...i guess they dont make the track key for my 2014 since its not a 2014.5

edit: for trackey build date is after 7/2013 [Cool] for manual trans

damn its expensive!

[ 2014-06-18, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Pro Cal tuner, Trac Cal SIM card and EO Decal arrived today. [Smile] I have a tentative appointment for next Tuesday at the dealer for installation.

-

--------------------

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any updates ?

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
JohnnyBravo73
¯
Member # 13651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyBravo73  Ford pictures for JohnnyBravo73  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mannn what a awesome lookin beast!
cannot wait to see your updates !!

[ 2014-06-30, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: JohnnyBravo73 ]

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks guys!

Enjoying my Track Cal. I drove all through the Sierra/Nevada mountains for the majority of last 3 days, burned through 3-4 tanks of fuel while still getting over 20MPG like before. It did obtain a check engine light with the Cat Efficiency codes on day 1, cleared them and they have not come back after 2 days and 2-3 tanks of gas. The car performs much better in all aspects, especially engine braking and throttle response. My only complaint is how long it takes for the lopey idle to activate. I also noticed if you "nearly stall" the car with the clutch as I did today on my way into the garage, it WILL shut off the lopey idle and require you to wait the 130 seconds before it kicks back in. There must be a minimum rpm requirement, or it must have thought I actually stalled the car. I'm sure this tune will have a few bugs and in my case I have plenty of warranty left to deal with it since I'm at 6k miles. I would think Ford Racing will eventually patch any issues if part failures arise, or if severe drivability issues come up. So far a few codes and no other issues and I'm definitely happy. I have not yet tried the launch control or pit speed limiter.

[ 2014-06-30, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

For those that may be concerned....

LINK:...

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013 - Page 14 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Ray from the Ford Racing Tech Line has chimed in on the link above regarding the catalyst efficiency codes and Check Engine light. Sounds like FRPP has it figured out.

Cats should be fine, there is an issue with the software that is causing a "false positive" during catalyst monitoring. I talked with him in depth over the phone and it all makes sense.

They are issuing a revised tune in the next week or so for those of us that have the problem. Nothing should change in terms of the lopey idle and other performance + everything will still remain smog legal.

Not everyone will have these problems either, just a handful. Good to hear they are fixing it.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you get video of the idle with the lope to it? Cool stuff dude [dance]
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks! ...Video coming soon.

As per Ray's permission, here is a snipit of his post with his contact info for anyone that has the Track Key/Track Cal...

"There will be an updated calibration that will take care of the false codes for cats. The cats are not being damaged.

Please send me an email with full name, VIN and shipping address, when the new cal is released I wil make sure everyone receives it. Not everyone will see these codes but we want everyone to get the new cal to make sure you dont ever have these codes.

My direct email is rherron9@ford.com

Thanks, Ray"

[ 2014-07-10, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Here's a little video of my car with the Track Cal installed. ..Just playin around in a nearby canyon. [Wink]

(TURN UP YOUR SOUND!)

-

http://vid69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/bwkelley76/TrackCalCanyon1_zps5723ad03.mp4

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid69.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi55%2Fbwkelley76%2FTrackCalCanyon1_zps5723ad03.mp4&title=">

--------------------

jose92vert
¯
Member # 8694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jose92vert  Ford pictures for jose92vert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a almost new mbrp catback for your car if your interested.
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by jose92vert:

Thanks Jose, I'm enjoying my current exhaust and saving up for a one-piece DS and some drag radials so I will need to pass on your offer for now.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The TracKey on the Boss has the same delay before the lopey idle kicks in.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
quote:
Originally posted by jose92vert:

Thanks Jose, I'm enjoying my current exhaust and saving up for a one-piece DS and some drag radials so I will need to pass on your offer for now.
bwkelley76
Clean out your pm's I got some questions about a project you guys are working on at the shop.

Thanks

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 14GT916:
I noticed that those weren't Vossen's, what brand are those? I seen some new ones on AM that I was thinking of getting are those the ones?

STR, they are replicas.

Here are a few more pics from the side.

-

-

-

-

-

Nice looking car!!! Mine is similar to yours...

-

[ 2014-10-08, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 14GT916:
[qb] I noticed that those weren't Vossen's, what brand are those? I seen some new ones on AM that I was thinking of getting are those the ones?

STR, they are replicas.

Here are a few more pics from the side.

-

-

-

-

-

Nice looking car!!! Mine is similar to yours...

-

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Better video than the last.

~SOUND IS VERY QUIET, TURN UP YOUR VOLUME AND THE VOLUME ON THE VIDEO ITSELF. Sounds best if you have an updated sound system on your computer.

CLICK ON LINK/IMAGE BELOW AND ENJOY!

-

I held the gears longer so you can hear the difference in the engine braking on decel with the Track Cal Tune. You can also hear a hint of the lopey idle before I take off.

[ 2014-12-12, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com