Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is kaepernick worth 18 mil a year? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is kaepernick worth 18 mil a year?
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think so. I hope the 49ers don't over pay him. If he gets the 18 mil we will not be a dominat team. I think any quarteback does well under harbaughs system. I think he should get paid as a 10-18 qb in the league maybe 10-13 mil a year. Not 18 mil thats top 6 money.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Elliott@DetailAddict
¯
Member # 11424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elliott@DetailAddict  Ford pictures for Elliott@DetailAddict  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree. He also needs to be more consistent to earn that kind of money.

--------------------
Elliott @ DetailAddict

Detail Addict Homepage

Posts: 174 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If he won those big games yes, but he hasn't yet. Harbaughs the winner
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell fuckin no!! not even 2 mill imo!
 -

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell no hes not worth 18million. If he wanted that 18million he should of won the last 2 years. But he fucked it up both times so that money is long gone. Hes worth 5mill

[ 2014-03-05, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Beastly GT500 TVS ]

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really hope the 49ers don't invest anymore into Kap. He has t shown enough improvement IMHO to recieve that substantial of a contract. Let him play out his contract and see how they finish next season. He's got more offensive players then most & a defense that's been able to shut teams down. Until he wins a SB. I don't see any reason to pay someone that kind of money.

Guys like Arron Rodgers, Manning's , Drew and Brady are guys I could see paying that kind of money. Yeah I left out Big Ben only cause he gets hurt too much.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely not, although you can look at the two last big games they lost and point to the coaches play calling just as much as you can to the QB. But this is today's sports man players and agents force teams to overpay, you think Cutler in Chicago or Romo in Dallas are worth their contracts, Hell NO!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I really hope the 49ers don't invest anymore into Kap. He has t shown enough improvement IMHO to recieve that substantial of a contract. Let him play out his contract and see how they finish next season. He's got more offensive players then most & a defense that's been able to shut teams down. Until he wins a SB. I don't see any reason to pay someone that kind of money.

Guys like Arron Rodgers, Manning's , Drew and Brady are guys I could see paying that kind of money. Yeah I left out Big Ben only cause he gets hurt too much.

Not to stir the pot but you're biased towards Kaep because of how much you like Alex Smith. That being said I don't know about 18 million but the market is set for QB's and if were his representatives I would argue that Colin Kaepernick is better than Jay cutler(who got 18 mil/year). I honestly would draft a QB high in the draft every three years so I wouldn't cripple my teams financial future with over paying for a quarterback unless it was a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning type player.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:

Not to stir the pot but you're biased towards Kaep because of how much you like Alex Smith. That being said I don't know about 18 million but the market is set for QB's and if were his representatives I would argue that Colin Kaepernick is better than Jay cutler(who got 18 mil/year). I honestly would draft a QB high in the draft every three years so I wouldn't cripple my teams financial future with over paying for a quarterback unless it was a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning type player.
Brady> manning, Payton's a joke in the postseason except for 1 year he got lucky.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I would do the same. Have players just play out their Rookie contracts. Keep around only the tue game changers and offensive linemen.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Definitely not, although you can look at the two last big games they lost and point to the coaches play calling just as much as you can to the QB. But this is today's sports man players and agents force teams to overpay, you think Cutler in Chicago or Romo in Dallas are worth their contracts, Hell NO!

Exactly! if Cutler and Romo can get that much and they are not as talented or as accomplished as kapernick then he deserves to get paid as well. Im thinking 15 million a year is good.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hope we don't pay him much. i like him, but he is not an elite QB. he's got speed and can run, but as a tradition QB, i would say he's average.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

Exactly! if Cutler and Romo can get that much and they are not as talented or as accomplished as kapernick then he deserves to get paid as well. Im thinking 15 million a year is good.
What do you guys mean Romo is not worth it??? LOL!

In all serisousness, I still think Kap needs to prove that he can be more consistent. The strong 49er defense hides a lot of his inconsistincies. If I were the 49ers, I'd wait to see what he does in 2014.

[ 2014-03-05, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Rigo5.0 ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

What do you guys mean Romo is not worth it??? LOL!

In all serisousness, I still think Kap needs to prove that he can be more consistent. The strong 49er defense hides a lot of his inconsistincies. If I were the 49ers, I'd wait to see what he does in 2014.

Kaep right now, is not worth 18 mil. But romo and cutler are even further off deserving that kind of pay. Kaeps agent had to throw a number out. Think of it like Craig's list, you start high so you don't get low baller. [Big Grin]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
49ers are sinking. No way in hell is Kaep worth 18 mil and players are sick of Harbaugh cause he's a crybaby on the field and treats players like dogs in the locker rooms.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not a big fan of Kap, I think with some more time and good coaching he could be molded into a good QB but he aint worth $18 mil.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
49ers are sinking. No way in hell is Kaep worth 18 mil and players are sick of Harbaugh cause he's a crybaby on the field and treats players like dogs in the locker rooms.

Really? Your the biggest hater here with your stupid ass hashtags, #dumbshit the niners aren't sinking they're QB is in their prime they have a young talented offensive line, the best linebacking core in all of football and one of the best pass rushers in the NFL so please stop with your garbage. I'm not with all the antics on the sideline like you stated but Harbaugh has never once thrown any player under the bus. The media members that don't like Harbaugh because he doesn't "interview well" just want to start drama.

--------------------
03 Terminator

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Bottom line is the quarterback gets too much praise when the team wins and too much grief win they lose. The question is really not is he worth it but what does the market show he should make, it's just like the housing market, the bears, cowboys and lions set the market for QB's that haven't won superbowls but are important for their team.

--------------------
03 Terminator

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck no [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Bottom line is the quarterback gets too much praise when the team wins and too much grief win they lose. The question is really not is he worth it but what does the market show he should make, it's just like the housing market, the bears, cowboys and lions set the market for QB's that haven't won superbowls but are important for their team.

Come on man. I didn't even bring up Alex Smith. [Razz]

All I know is Kap's talking 20 mil now so his agent is really trying to get paid LOL. If I was in charge id counter this proposal with, " Ok..... We will give you 20 mil.... For 5 years. For every playoff win we will give you an extra million and a 5 million dollar bonus IF you can will a SB.

--------------------

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Come on man. I didn't even bring up Alex Smith. [Razz]

All I know is Kap's talking 20 mil now so his agent is really trying to get paid LOL. If I was in charge id counter this proposal with, " Ok..... We will give you 20 mil.... For 5 years. For every playoff win we will give you an extra million and a 5 million dollar bonus IF you can will a SB.

I'll bet we do see something incentivized. He's not going to get 18 million a year guaranteed.

And to who said the 49ers are sinking... You said that before the season. Brilliant. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Well I tried to tell you LAST YEAR that Seattle was gonna give the 49ers trouble and I believe you said they couldn't win on the road. Well the Seahawks finished 13-3 regular season so I guess nobody's right all the time.

Now go order a couple more of those Kap fatheads to put above your bed Archy.

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like my vietnamese friend says. Give him sic dolla

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

We must have the same friends.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

We must have the same friends.
Lol

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com