Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » dan/turbo50 update!! 12/30 worked it out (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: dan/turbo50 update!! 12/30 worked it out
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you guys just stop talking about the xraelmar dude i dont want this to get locked please.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangn5oh:
Update!!!! 12/29 4:00pm
Im at Dan's house right now, it is empty.
Dan said he was moving his shop inside his garage somewhere else. He did not mention he moved his residency.
Neighbors said he moved a month ago. Wow.

Soooo he doesnt have a shop, he moved his residency, cant get ahold of him.
someone told me to go to his parents house but thats taking it a bit too far i think.
And i dont want to go to his work place.

Let me vent...
Wtf am i suppose to do, all signs are there of me not getting my stuff back, im trying to be as nice as i can to the guy, shit dude ill try my best to get a day off during the week, my weekends are free to help dan dig through shit so i can get my stuff, you dont have time thats fine dude have someone do us a favor and be a middle man. I dont need to see you. C`mon dude

Now i am being a girl. How dumb am i going to be, cussing out a voicemail,and texting thats fucking stupid and goanna do nothing for me.

Crappy situation. I know someone has to be in contact with him. He has good friends on this site. Hope you figure this out soon

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess you going have to walk up to his house

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If going to his parents house is going to get you your stuff back than go for it. I would for that amount of money

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry op just saw your post. i'd take that shit to small claims if he don't give your money back. very lame situation you're in

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Dan said he was moving his shop inside his garage somewhere else. He did not mention he moved his residency.

someone told me to go to his parents house but thats taking it a bit too far i think.

Let me vent...
Wtf am i suppose to do, all signs are there of me not getting my stuff back, im trying to be as nice as i can to the guy, shit dude ill try my best to get a day off during the week, my weekends are free to help dan dig through shit so i can get my stuff, you dont have time thats fine dude have someone do us a favor and be a middle man. I dont need to see you. C`mon dude

Now i am being a girl. How dumb am i going to be, cussing out a voicemail,and texting thats fucking stupid and goanna do nothing for me.

That's pretty f*cked up for him not even update you where your parts/car is.

As someone mentioned previously, file a police report.

Pretty frustrating indeed.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a fucked up situation for all of us and I'm more invested with time and money but I told you two months ago he was moving...Dan was going threw a lot of shit but he has gotten a lot of it handled and will be busting motors out here in the next few weeks but I told him done or not I need mine next week....

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Let me vent...

You only have a few option left.
1. Go to his parents house
2.file police report of stolen property. Hopefully you have saved emails and txt.
3.small claims

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Listen I just got off the phone with Dan he is not trying to rip anyone off. He said he will give everyone their shit back and also the money you payed him. But some of you guys also need to remember on some of these projects the length of time was not his fault it was people who did not have the cash getting him to do shit . If some of the stuff would have been in the machine shop or no Dan they could have put a lien on the shit and kept it all. Dan has a lot of family shit going on and I honestly believe anyone on this board would take care of the family shit first. But once again he said he is not going to screw anyone he does not want or need your stuff.

Have a great evening everyone

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pcsal:
Listen I just got off the phone with Dan he is not trying to rip anyone off. He said he will give everyone their shit back and also the money you payed him. But some of you guys also need to remember on some of these projects the length of time was not his fault it was people who did not have the cash getting him to do shit . If some of the stuff would have been in the machine shop or no Dan they could have put a lien on the shit and kept it all. Dan has a lot of family shit going on and I honestly believe anyone on this board would take care of the family shit first. But once again he said he is not going to screw anyone he does not want or need your stuff.

Understandable but doesn't justify his actions related to not answering calls/text.

He could've easily gave OP a call or a simple reply to his text messages (quick 5-10 second reply) would've saved him a long trip to his house.

He needs to make things right for OP.

Hopefully you get your car / parts back.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pcsal:

None of what he has done is understandable or acceptable. He has time to talk to you on the phone for 5min or more but doesnt have the time to tell the guys he has money from what's going on? Things come up in life but its how you handle them that what matters. If you got family stuff going on tell your customers hey I have alot of personal stuff going on. I will not be able to complete the project on time. Then give the customer the option to get a refund and there parts or ask them if they would be ok with and extended time to complete the project.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
lol @ the people crying about how long it takes to build a motor. I have waited 6 months just for the crank to show up. Seems like people want shit for free, and want it done yesterday. I can and have put motors back together in 2 hours. That doesn't mean I do it like that every time. Sometimes I have to wait a month before I even get the parts back from the machine shop.

As for Dan not people calling back. Well I don't know what is really going on with him. But I think he should at least drop a text from time to time. Again I don't know what is going on over there. But even I get overwhelmed with calls and texts. And I'm sure I don't get as many calls as he does. Yet sometimes I forget who texted/called after I have answered 25+ in a day. I'm not making excuses for Dan. As I would be a little upset if he just stop taking calls/ texts. Hopefully Dan can chime in and get all this worked out.

But you probably knew you would have to wait and you didnt lose communication with the machine shop right? Dan told Op it would be done in a certain amount of time and he kept postponing it and now wont even respond back. OP has thw right to be way more than upset
I kept being told it would be here in two weeks. So for the first three months, I called every two weeks. After the third month, I had family shit going on and didn't care any more. So I stop calling. Took 9 months to finally get a rotating assembly.

I totally understand Op being pissed. I would be also. To just stop calling people back for months. Isn't right. I understand people get over whelmed. But it does take very little time to call people back. I hope every thing gets worked out. Cause that is a crappy spot to be in.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
quote:
lol @ the people crying about how long it takes to build a motor. I have waited 6 months just for the crank to show up. Seems like people want shit for free, and want it done yesterday. I can and have put motors back together in 2 hours. That doesn't mean I do it like that every time. Sometimes I have to wait a month before I even get the parts back from the machine shop.

As for Dan not people calling back. Well I don't know what is really going on with him. But I think he should at least drop a text from time to time. Again I don't know what is going on over there. But even I get overwhelmed with calls and texts. And I'm sure I don't get as many calls as he does. Yet sometimes I forget who texted/called after I have answered 25+ in a day. I'm not making excuses for Dan. As I would be a little upset if he just stop taking calls/ texts. Hopefully Dan can chime in and get all this worked out.

But you probably knew you would have to wait and you didnt lose communication with the machine shop right? Dan told Op it would be done in a certain amount of time and he kept postponing it and now wont even respond back. OP has thw right to be way more than upset
I kept being told it would be here in two weeks. So for the first three months, I called every two weeks. After the third month, I had family shit going on and didn't care any more. So I stop calling. Took 9 months to finally get a rotating assembly.

I totally understand Op being pissed. I would be also. To just stop calling people back for months. Isn't right. I understand people get over whelmed. But it does take very little time to call people back. I hope every thing gets worked out. Cause that is a crappy spot to be in.

Bad situation for all parties involved. Money problems are never good problems
iSTUNT707
¯
Member # 11430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iSTUNT707  Ford pictures for iSTUNT707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think dan should return this guys stuff if he cant return a phone call/text if i was u i would file a small claims case just to get the message acrossed im sure u have text messages of proof thats what i would do..it makes you assums hes stiffing you and thats nit right as for the dude from vallejo JUST STOP DUDE WHILE YOUR STILL A MEMBER

--------------------
"toooouchdown RAIDERS!".....greg papa

Posts: 170 | From: fairfield/vallejo/cordelia | Registered: Nov 2011  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the op has handled the situation as best as possible. It seems like the main problem here has been a lack of communication. It seems like the OP last move is to take this public. If Dan cared about his reputation he would resolve this publicly or privately. You cannot tell me in the last few months Dan hasn't had the time to text this guy back while he's taking a shit

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also had Dan build me a motor, I like the o.p. paid upfront and had Dan buy all the parts through his summit account, so with heads, rockers, etc. I had laid out over 2000. It took over two years to get my motor back, but I never really pushed and stayed in sporaditic contact with Dan. My car is still waiting for paint so it wasn't too pressing plus I figured getting a motor built for pennies afforded a degree of patience. I can say with absolution Dan has no intentions of screwing anyone. I know better communication on his part would probably alleviate a lot of concerns, but I think he is overwhelmed by other priorities. In the end I got a nice motor with plenty of extras thrown in because he wanted to make things right. The o.p has every right to be upset, just tryin to give some piece of mind that I believe Dan will make it right.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sinisterblk:
I also had Dan build me a motor, I like the o.p. paid upfront and had Dan buy all the parts through his summit account, so with heads, rockers, etc. I had laid out over 2000. It took over two years to get my motor back, but I never really pushed and stayed in sporaditic contact with Dan. My car is still waiting for paint so it wasn't too pressing plus I figured getting a motor built for pennies afforded a degree of patience. I can say with absolution Dan has no intentions of screwing anyone. I know better communication on his part would probably alleviate a lot of concerns, but I think he is overwhelmed by other priorities. In the end I got a nice motor with plenty of extras thrown in because he wanted to make things right. The o.p has every right to be upset, just tryin to give some piece of mind that I believe Dan will make it right.

+1000

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've contacted frank.
Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Though no excuse for my lack of communication Frank has changed his number since our initial deal.

Also the machine shop that I had repair your cylinder heads (Daves Machine) did eat up some of the time associated with your build. AGAIN NO EXCUSE HERE, JUST STATING THE FACTS

Also the block and crank you gave me were junk that someone from a college used for practice and you asked me to have them looked at.

If we are going to clear the air then lets clear it completely.

I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

I did sell my house as I am relocating and it made sense rather than try to deal with renters.

I did rent shop space, but it is just that SPACE in someone elses shop. I certainly cant have people just showing up there randomly or I will be asked to vacate and then what? I am in temporary housing until my new move and get settled.

Frank has EVERY reason to be upset and I hope to put this particular situation to bed.

He is not the only person that I have had to back burner while I deal with my personal situation.

I would like to extend an apology to all involved and to the Cafords community.

Thank you.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ [patriot] Grown ass man right there....end of story...glad to see you alive and well my friend,cafords misses ya hope all is well Dan [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
you're not the only one he blew it with bro.. Theres a LOT of people who are unhappy with him and his work recently.. I followed the hype and took my stuff to be put together by him also, NEVER AGAIN WILL I MAKE THAT MISTAKE.. Trust me bro, I know EXACTLY how it feels to be played but you just gotta take it as a lesson learned.. thats what I did.. he has a lot of supporters and UR probably gonna hear people talk shit to you but FUCK THEM.. its not them who got played, it was you.. ur anger is 100% justified..

I never built you a motor. I put heads on and cam in a motor that you brought to me that was already built.

You had me pull a rod cap to look at the condition of the motor and I told you that it had some wear. You asked if you could put a blower on it, I told you I wouldnt and that the motor would get you down the road.

A month later you sent me a pic of a main cap in an oil pan.

Even though I did not build YOUR motor I still offered to fix it providing that you brought it to me. You never showed up.

You never contacted me. Never addressed me directly you actually told me existing customers that you and a few of your buddies I have built motors for all had them blow up.

Please keep to the facts.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's my boy ^^^^^ like B said "grown ass man"

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Update!!!! 12/30 11am
Talked to dan and everything is well. He apoligized for all and is getting to work on my "and others" motors.

Cylinder heads were done in may with a 5 angle valve job, but you recently told me in i believe "november" the crank was done finally done.

I was going to pick it up, and build it myself with help of friends but dan assured me he can do it, also in a timely manner.

Thank you dan i really do appreciate you still wanting to build mymotor

Dan the 28oz crank that the college kid worked on is yours remember i wanted a 50oz crank in my motor. And the other short block that was lying around that ended up cracked is also yours. You were goanna deduct them from my bill "what ever was usable" if nothing was usable then its just scrap

Even though i dont physically have my motor im good with dan, i was never pissed or mad at dan.
The air is cleared in my book. [Smile]

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Making it right [patriot]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com