Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Gun bill SB-374?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Gun bill SB-374?
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is this I heard about some bill SB-374 passing and going to the gov's desk for approval. I heard if it passes all rifles with a detachable magazine would now be illegal? How would this affect us folks that just have 10/22's we use for varmint hunting, those would no longer be legal? I am new to this whole gun culture so still trying to figure out all these crazy CA laws.
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lots of threads on Calguns.net

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe this is it.

1. Ban all semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines. California’s assault weapons ban only restricts the possession of semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines if they have an additional, “military-style” feature like flash suppressors. The new laws would tighten this law by banning all such rifles regardless of external features.
2. Ban possession of high-capacity magazines. California law bans the transfer, not possession, of magazines that can hold over ten bullets. This allows people wanting to skirt the law to buy the constituent parts and make the magazines themselves. The new law would close that loophole.
3. Ban “bullet button” conversion kits. State law defines “detachable magazines” as, in part, magazines that can be released “without the use of a tool.” Bullet button kits allow magazines to be released quickly by pressing a bullet into them, thus creating an end-around the intent of the assault weapons ban. The new provisions would ban such kits.
4. Bans shotgun-rifle combinations. It would ban this class of class of weapon.
5. Universal registration of all guns. The law would create “ownership records consistently across-the-board, ensuring all firearms are recorded” so that the background check system can prevent criminals from getting guns.
6. Background checks on ammunition. This provision requires a “full and complete” background check on ammunition sales, “building on” laws existing in Los Angeles and Sacramento.
7. Regulating gun loans. The legislators propose setting up an as-yet undefined regulatory system for the loan, as opposed to sale, of guns.
8. Prevent prohibited individuals from living in homes with guns. California’s Armed Persons Prohibition (APP) database lists people who can’t legally own weapons (as a consequence of criminal or mental health records) under state law. This addition would prevent people on the list from living in a house that has a gun.
9. Cracking down on people who can’t own guns legally but do anyway. Currently, 19,700 people who are on the APP list own guns. Police estimate that these people own roughly 39,000 firearms. This new law would authorize additional funding to enforce the law in this area.
10. Required safety training for handgun owners. People with concealed carry permits are required under California (and many other) state laws to pass a mandatory safety and firearm instruction course. This provision would require all handgun owners, regardless of permit status, to undergo a similar process.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks I will go to that calguns site. So sounds like if you own a 10/22 rifle right now you would have to get rid of it if this law passes?
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by j0eyabs:
Thanks I will go to that calguns site. So sounds like if you own a 10/22 rifle right now you would have to get rid of it if this law passes?

No. You will have to register it, to keep it legal. Other wise it is banned. You can also not pass it down on your death. It will have to be turned over to the state to be destroyed. [Frown]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that is some bull-shit
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The way I see it is you have 2 choices, assuming that moving out of CA is not in the cards for you.

1. Register it and wait for the day they tell you to send it in or they will come and get it.

2. Don't register it and keep it safe until the day you will really need it.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Well I dont mind registering it as long as they never come and get it. Guess the day the come and take our guns is the day the criminals all come out and have fun robbing us all at their leisure.
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just got my ar lower for 150$ 4 days ago i suggest all you to do the same soon!

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So legally owned ar's and others with detachable magazines will be Illegal? Or just have to be registered?

And if those legally owned with detachable mgazines become illegal... We have to turn them in?

[ 2013-09-16, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
So legally owned ar's and others with detachable magazines will be Illegal? Or just have to be registered?

And if those legally owned with detachable mgazines become illegal... We have to turn them in?

These are 2 different bills. Yes they are trying to bann all semi-auto rifles with detachable mags. Not just Ar's. Hell my buddy has to register his 22lr. Because any semi-auto rifle with a detachable mag is now a assault rifle.You will have to register them to keep them legal. But they will not be allowed to be sold or transferred.

The other bill is going to outlaw all mags over 10 rounds. Not matter if they were all ready grandfather in under other laws. 100% illegal. Don't even matter if they are re-builders or full working mags. Each one is a separate felony.

People these bills aren't 100% final! They are sitting on the Gov. Brown's desk, waiting to be signed in to law. You need to be calling, emailing, faxing him. Tell him to veto all gun control bills! [patriot]

Here is a link with the bills. Call, email, fax, stand up for your birth rights.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/the-issues/california/2013-2014/askbrown/

[ 2013-09-16, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:

The way I see it is you have 2 choices, assuming that moving out of CA is not in the cards for you.

1. Register it and wait for the day they tell you to send it in or they will come and get it.

2. Don't register it and keep it safe until the day you will really need it.

-

[ 2013-09-16, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

SL302
¯
Member # 9218

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SL302  Ford pictures for SL302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dean-93:

I'm looking at doing the same bro, where'd you buy yours if you don't mind me asking??
Posts: 61 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BAN THEM ALL

-

lol jk

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:

People these bills aren't 100% final! They are sitting on the Gov. Brown's desk, waiting to be signed in to law. You need to be calling, emailing, faxing him. Tell him to veto all gun control bills! [patriot]

LOL. You really think that a prgessive democratic governer like Jerry Brown is going to listen to a bunch of dumb ass FOX news watching republican voting gun blaster's cries to veto that gun bill? You really are delusional. LOL

Thank fuckin GOD that California a solid liberal democratic state that the NRA cannot attack. Fuck you NRA.

I feel really good that I voted for Jerry Brown and my democratic vote created a democratic majority in the state capital.

Once again Fuck you NRA.

-

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO you're a fucking moron

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black market guns is the way to go. They keep going the direction they're going everyone will own a black market gun. Stupidity from the state if you ask me.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:

LOL. You really think that a prgessive democratic governer like Jerry Brown is going to listen to a bunch of dumb ass FOX news watching republican voting gun blaster's cries to veto that gun bill? You really are delusional. LOL

Thank fuckin GOD that California a solid liberal democratic state that the NRA cannot attack. Fuck you NRA.

I feel really good that I voted for Jerry Brown and my democratic vote created a democratic majority in the state capital.

Once again Fuck you NRA.

-

LOl Decided to jump threads after making yourself look like the dumb ass retard you are. All they did by trying to pass a bann on semi-auto rifles is fuck themselves. To bad it is going to take 3-4 years of court bullshit to get it thrown out for being unconstitutional. While the state loses billions of dollars, from firearms sales, ammo sales, and hunting fees... But don't worry crime will just climb. You are opening a black market for guns & ammo. Look at the state compared to other more armed states. Ca. has 3-4 times the crimes, some times it's 10 times the amount of crime.. And it will only go up with these feel good laws.

Fucking retards like you keep Dumb ass senators in office.. Like Finestein. You know the go to gun grabber that is trying to get the 1st amendment changed. But that is ok for you. You don't need the 2nd, you sure as hell don't need the 1st!

-

-

So which one is you? The guy that has penis problems or the retard that don't get it?

[ 2013-09-17, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here ya go CockSmoker46

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ad_1379284762

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SL302:
quote:
Originally posted by dean-93:

I'm looking at doing the same bro, where'd you buy yours if you don't mind me asking??
bullseye in san rafel

1281 Andersen Drive, Suite K
San Rafael, CA 94901
id call them first they only had 4 left,
and it was 190$ish out the door

[ 2013-09-17, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: dean-93 ]

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn so my grandfathers 30-06 hunting rifle is now going to be considered an assault weapon because it has a detachable 4 round magazine?...

This is some retarded shit. Fear mongers like cobra racer are probably beating their meat to this bill.

We should bans pencils, pens, cell phones, fast food, cars, doctors, and pretty much everything because it can kill you.... Does that really make fucking sense? no... Just like banning guns doesn't make sense.

If guns were a "race" i would call cobrafagg0t46 a racist. If you don't want to own a gun that is fine do not own a gun. But do not force your opinions on the rest of us. America is about freedom not about what 1 person thinks.

'MURICA SALUTE!

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:

Once again Fuck you NRA.

-

You must feel great that your Libtard ass voted for another piece of shit who will continue to drive another Democrat state to bankruptcy. Nice job!! Lets continue to ban guns, and give people who don't want to work free shit!! Thats the answer dumb fuck!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com