Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Longtube Install Shops? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Longtube Install Shops?
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobraracer46, you really should stop. You're only making yourself look dumb.

B, don't trip off this ass clown. Everyone knows you got skills and obviously he doesn't have a clue.

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/\ thanks Aaron good lookin,I just get so tied up in my cafords battles lol,I gotta come buy some parts soon I miss ya man lol

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t-top50:
Cobraracer46, you really should stop. You're only making yourself look dumb.

I'm curious as to why your small mind is unable to comprehend the logic behind my posts in this thread.

I posted actual dyno numbers from a 1999 Cobra that had JBA shorty headers replaced with Kooks long tube pipes only to gain something like 2 horse power and yet you have dip shits on this site saying that only long tube headers make power.

Second, I pointed out that it's a foolish idea to swap out headers every two years to pass a smog check just for the sake of having a cool sounding car, but once again, the retards on this board think that there is nothing wrong with bi annual modular mustang header swap.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so in that thread you posted "cobraracer46" he said his numbers which are
------------
Relevant data:

Only change between this and previous dyno was the Kooks and matching off-road X-pipe (from JDM) vs JBA Shorty and Dr Gas off-road X.

Results: 308.7 RWHP, 291.5 RWTQ
Previous: 305.5 RWHP, 287.1 RWTQ

Same Dyno, same number of total pulls (3), approx same amount of time between runs.

-------------

Does anyone else find this incredibly LOW for a 4v with headers,pullies,cai and a tune to put down 308/291? lol

i know from experience my brothers mach 1 32v with longtubes,cai,tune put down 336/348 and ran 12.3 @ 110

with stock manifolds and xpipe/programmer he rent 12.9 did longtubes/tune went 12.4

can you explain that cobraracer46

i want to see a N/A 32v car with JBA shitty headers in the 12s .....

no go forum search and see what you come up with or better yet meet us at sacramento raceway with your car and see what you run compared to other cars with "longtubes"

peice of mind: I recently did a clutch job on an 03 cobra that had jba shortys on it and i was highly disappointed in the quality, you pay all that money for those pile of shits and you get nuts and bolts for your collectors? lol nice!

[ 2013-07-19, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Broke4.6 ]

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nmunjU9nk

that guy made 331 rwhp and 327rwtq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqpCpAXfRoE

that guy made 311rwhp and 322 rwtq

what im trying to say is those numbers are obviously based off a conservative tune or no tune and then someone puts it on blast for people like yerself to believe it and tell ppl about it!

basically, you dont know what kind of tune was on that car when he did these tests so why talk like you were there, lol yer thread is whack , longtubes are provin man for YEARS!!!!

do you see racecars with shorts?? no!! why do you think? cause they put down power!!!

you talk to SIC9250 like he is some young kid when hes probably the same age as you or close to it and has built shit way nastier than you could even figure out how to operate !

just sayin

--------------------

t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you talk to SIC9250 like he is some young kid when hes probably the same age as you or close to it and has built shit way nastier than you could even figure out how to operate !

^^"like WHAT"

Preach on my brotha!!!!!!!

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobraracer46 sucks ahah

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship] my boy comin in this bitch with knowledge!!! I totally didnt think of that car cobraracer used for his example as having LOW ass numbers,with kooks it didnt even make over 320rw or 300ftlbs OUCH!!

[ 2013-07-20, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
[worship] [worship] [worship] my boy comin in this bitch with knowledge!!! I totally didnt think of that car cobraracer used for his example as having LOW ass numbers,with kooks it didnt even make over 320rw or 300ftlbs OUCH!!

Ahah you already know bro [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck you cobraracer46

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only pussies run shorty headers and care about smog laws

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.killcarb.org

[ 2013-07-21, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Broke4.6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nmunjU9nk

that guy made 331 rwhp and 327rwtq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqpCpAXfRoE

that guy made 311rwhp and 322 rwtq

what im trying to say is those numbers are obviously based off a conservative tune or no tune and then someone puts it on blast for people like yerself to believe it and tell ppl about it!

basically, you dont know what kind of tune was on that car when he did these tests so why talk like you were there, lol yer thread is whack , longtubes are provin man for YEARS!!!!

do you see racecars with shorts?? no!! why do you think? cause they put down power!!!

It does not matter what kind of "tune" was inside that 1999 Cobra that had the JBA headers replaced with Kooks long tubes. What is important for the sake of comparison is the fact that all the variables were the same. The only change was swapping the headers. If you don't know anything about variables and repeatability that you probably flunked your High School science classes.

When the Shorty headers on the 1999 were swapped over to long tubes, the only thing that was changed were the headers. Everything else was the same and the result was only a 2 horse power increase.

The excuse of " it needs to tuning to make the best power" is invalid. If the Kooks long tube header or any long tube header for that matter truly did make more power than shorties, than It would do so with out "tuning".

Shorty headers on a F1 race engine.
 -

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

/\ ya lets use a pure race design header with almost 4" primaries and absolutely ZERO exhaust piping as an example of building HP [Roll Eyes] your to much man I swear,and u wanna tell people there idiots and need to go back to school [Confused] lol ur a fool,seriously...what broke4.6 was ultimately reffering to was the fact that the cobra you used for your argument is a tired worn out DOHC an couldn't even make more than 310rw WITH kooks and full bolt-ons,no wonder it only lost 2 rw with shorties the car don't make power with any headers cause of A:the tune or B:the cars tired and cant make power to save itself...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Nhra fuel car:
 -

Nhra pro stock WJ's headers:
 -

NASCAR Hendricks racing:
 -

IZOD indycar headers:
 -

Couldn't find a pic up close but most all Monster Trucks also run a magnaflow longtube design header,they all ran shorty style zoomies for a long time until recent changes,believe me I've been to the Vegas world finals the last 6/7 years and they all run longtubes....lets not even bring up how Mercedes amg,BMW M's,Ferrari's,Vipers,and most ALL exotics either come from factory with badass longtube style headers or when they pay the $$$ for them there gaining almost upwards of 40rw..especially the vipers and amg Benz/Ferrari's!! Idk how u can truly act like longtubes are pointless,ya maybe on a WORN out cobra but shit 9.9 times outta 10 they perform better than any factory log or shorty aftermarket header!! It's been proven..I've seen N/A 32v machs and cobras gain close to 20rw with longtubes only! Broke4.6's brother did it easily also mach916 AND his cousin with a badass 98 cobra...your done man just give up.....

[ 2013-07-21, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Longtube FTW bitches love long tubes [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
..what broke4.6 was ultimately reffering to was the fact that the cobra you used for your argument is a tired worn out DOHC an couldn't even make more than 310rw WITH kooks and full bolt-ons,no wonder it only lost 2 rw with shorties the car don't make power with any headers cause of A:the tune or B:the cars tired and cant make power to save itself...

Nowhere in the JBA to Kooks header swap did the BOB Cosby, the NMRA racer and owner of the 1999 Cobra state that the engine was tired.
What kind of fool would swap out shorty headers for long tube headers on a tired engine and expect a horse power increase?
Your argument about a tired engine being responsible for the minimal increase in HP from the long tube header swap makes no sense.

Your "tune" argument also makes no sense. If the shorty headers are so bad then shurly the long tubes will make more power with with everything else being equal but the numbers show that long tube headers are not better than Shorties when it comes to power production. No tuning in the world would have helped the Kooks headers make more power over the JBA headers.

You have to ask your self, If you added timing and took away fuel after swapping to long tubes, it could be possible to gain a hair more power, but you could do the same thing with the JBA headers on the car. The point about the tune hurting power on the KOOKS headers is invalid; Not what people with long tube headers like to hear, but those are the facts.

[ 2013-07-21, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
..what broke4.6 was ultimately reffering to was the fact that the cobra you used for your argument is a tired worn out DOHC an couldn't even make more than 310rw WITH kooks and full bolt-ons,no wonder it only lost 2 rw with shorties the car don't make power with any headers cause of A:the tune or B:the cars tired and cant make power to save itself...

Nowhere in the JBA to Kooks header swap did the BOB Cosby, the NMRA racer and owner of the 1999 Cobra state that the engine was tired.
What kind of fool would swap out shorty headers for long tube headers on a tired engine and expect a horse power increase?
Your argument about a tired engine being responsible for the minimal increase in HP from the long tube header swap makes no sense.

Your "tune" argument also makes no sense. If the shorty headers are so bad then shurly the long tubes will make more power with with everything else being equal but the numbers show that long tube headers are not better than Shorties when it comes to power production. No tuning in the world would have helped the Kooks headers make more power over the JBA headers.

You have to ask your self, If you added timing and took away fuel after swapping to long tubes, it could be possible to gain a hair more power, but you could do the same thing with the JBA headers on the car. The point about the tune hurting power on the KOOKS headers is invalid; Not what people with long tube headers like to hear, but those are the facts.

Post a picture of the dyno graph

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only thing fast on cobraracers car is his own cum catchers going 100 miles an hour [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car might see 10-15 hp at most but that's not what's important... Look at the overall gain in flattening out the power curve. Those are better than a peak hp gain.... They also sound way better!
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:

He did not state that the car was tired, no one said that he said that, just look at his numbers and you can tell somethings wrong like either it was low on compression or the tune wasnt aggressive at all.. N/A 32v cars put down way more power than that with nice tunes,longtubes,pullies,intake...thats almost full bolt ons, are you not reading what were saying here or you just so stuck on your lame ass headers your arguing that...there is NO convincing us that the thread you posted...is bullshit! plain and simple!

Im done trying to beat sense into you man, goodluck with your car and hope your happy with your headers....i know from Experience what longtubes are all about on a N/A 32v and what we put down and thats all that matters, have fun with passing smog every year , when i pay to pass smog and love the sound of my longtubes and the power increase! nuff said

fuck BOB cosby and his bullshit thread

[ 2013-07-22, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Broke4.6 ]

--------------------

Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

P.S

that thread is from 2003 lol kooks has greatly improved there product since then and also tuning has come A LONG way since 2003

i hope i get to meet you one day cobraracer46 lol just so i can see what kind of guy you are! i bet you drive a fuckin prius when your not in your SMOG legal cobra

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by Broke4.6:
P.S

i hope i get to meet you one day cobraracer46 lol just so i can see what kind of guy you are! i bet you drive a fuckin prius when your not in your SMOG legal cobra

Nothing wrong with a Prius, but when I'm not behind the wheel of my smog legal Cobra, I ride a bicycle.

By the way, I hope I don't ever get to meet you in person. [Big Grin]

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobraracer you are a known lair and bullshit spewer that has posted skewed facts.. You need to link any "facts" you claim to have/seen. Do not post only a screen shot. We know you like to only put up half of the stats. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

All I read is "nothing wrong with a Prius and I ride bicycles" rofl... [patriot]

[ 2013-07-22, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com